Street Cars Lap Times (Nordschleife)

• Thread starter Yassi_99
  • 294 comments
Two improved times:

GTS Nordschleife hot lap STOCK Jaguar F-Type R '14: 07.28.843

That is an improved time (from around 07.32.xxx, so about 4 seconds). A little bit faster than I expected it to be. Drives quite nicely. Looks and sounds really good. I liked it. Driven stock on hard sport tyres without any driving aids, except ABS. First lap in third person view, second one in cockpit view and third one in cinematic replay view. All driven laps are the same lap.

GTS Nordschleife hot lap STOCK Aston Martin DB11 '16: 07.25.728
That is an improved time (from around 07.28.xxx, so about 3 seconds). Quite floaty and indirect. Very impressive nonetheless, considerung its weight. Nice car.
Driven stock on hard sport tyres without any driving aids, except ABS. First lap in third person view, second one in cockpit view and third one in cinematic replay view. All driven laps are the same lap.

Last edited:
I’ve been following this thread for a while now and I finally decided to try doing some Nordschleife lap times of my own.

Aston Martin DB3S ‘53 - 8:09.758
This car has a very period feel. Very loose steering, understeers, lots of power slides, low grip with those skinny bias ply tires... But despite that, it handles decently and is enjoyable to drive and overall performance is up to par with N200/N300 cars.
upload_2020-3-22_2-2-7.jpeg

I’ve been following this thread for a while now and I finally decided to try doing some Nordschleife lap times of my own.

Aston Martin DB3S ‘53 - 8:09.758
This car has a very period feel. Very loose steering, understeers, lots of power slides, low grip with those skinny bias ply tires... But despite that, it handles decently and is enjoyable to drive and overall performance is up to par with N200/N300 cars.
View attachment 901701
Really cool. I hope more people could participate in this thread. I mean it really is fun to smash around the Nurb. My exams are finally over (one is postponed though because of Corona) so I might be able to test some new cars.

One of my most impressive laps was with the bone stock 94 McLaren F1. Only help I had were racing softs. Still no easy task but I got around in 6:39 I believe. I need to go look and compare some times to these and see if I can best a few.

Renault R8 Gordini ‘66 - 9:21.189
Despite being a car with a rear engine, rear drive layout, it’s handling is very tame. Little to no oversteer at all. In fact it handles more like a FF layout car with a bit of understeer. It’s time around the ‘ring is up to par with N100 cars of similar power and it’s really a shame this car is in Gr. X. Gordini was the performance line of Renault. The R8 Gordini is the rally tuned variant of the normal Renault R8 like the Mitsubishi Lancer Evo and the Subaru STI. The car really should be in N100. When upgraded, it can give N200 and N300 cars a run for their money. But other than that, it’s a fun little sedan to throw around.
upload_2020-5-7_1-59-53.jpeg

Can anyone submit a lap time? I did a horrendous lap with the RE Amemiya RX-7 with default settings and no aids. I'm sure someone else out there can do a much better lap than me, who missed 20 million apexes, but maybe this can be a placeholder?

N400
Time: 7:48.614
Afternoon, 1500h
Grip: Real
All settings default
Brake Balance: -3
Tyres: Sports Hard (default)
Aids: ABS
Game Version: 1.57
Driven with the G29 and paddle shifters.

Also, as a suggestion to the OP, I think it would be very helpful if you linked the posts with the videos on the first post for anyone trying to find the videos. Thanks.

Last edited:
Can anyone submit a lap time? I did a horrendous lap with the RE Amemiya RX-7 with default settings and no aids. I'm sure someone else out there can do a much better lap than me, who missed 20 million apexes, but maybe this can be a placeholder?

N400
Time: 7:58.614
Afternoon, 1500h
All settings default
Brake Balance: -3

Also, as a suggestion to the OP, I think it would be very helpful if you linked the posts with the videos on the first post for anyone trying to find the videos. Thanks.

Thank you for posting your time! I already thought about linking the laps but not every time has been uploaded.

I am here to fill every Rotary shaped hole in your timing board.

Me and this FC really don't mesh well. My optimal had another whole second in it but I was simply getting too frustrated.

N200
Time: 8:23.900
Afternoon, 1500h
Tyre Wear: Off
Fuel Con: Off
All settings default
Brake Balance: -2

New times:

GTS Nordschleife hot lap STOCK Subaru 86 GT '15: 08.28.355

Pretty disappointing speed-wise. Otherwise it's a great car. It really has great handling characteristics.

GTS Nordschleife hot lap STOCK Citroen DS3 '11: 08.26.505
Surprisingly quick French hatch-back. Its looks aren't horrendous by any means, but it's also not exactly the looker.

New time:

GTS Nordschleife hot lap STOCK Peugeot 208 GTi '14: 08.24.204

Fun little French hatch-back. A little twitchy but still a good car.

Improved time:

GTS Nordschleife hot lap STOCK VW Golf VII GTI '14: 08.22.394

The German peoples car in its 7th gen. Really not bad at all. Rather quick actually.

Improved Time:

Volkswagen 1200 ‘66 - 12:08.902
I was able to almost cut the current time posted by almost 20 seconds by using a certain technique for cars with very low top speeds. The Volkswagen “Beetle” tops at 77 MPH before the revs drop and slow you down. But in some of the long downhill sections, quickly tap the handbrake right before you reach the top speed and it will cut the engine rpm’s and then you can coast between 80-95 mph.
The car as you would expect is slow but surprisingly is kind of challenging to go around corners quickly without the rear of the car oversteering. The Porsche DNA is definitely present.
upload_2020-5-15_3-45-23.jpeg

New entries of mine:

Improved time:

GTS Nordschleife hot lap STOCK Mazda RX-7 GT-X (FC) '90: 08.21.836
Nice old-ish JDM. Quite a handful actually, but definatly fun. I like it.

New times:

GTS Nordschleife hot lap STOCK Nissan 180SX Typ X '96: 08.20.872

Great medium-powered 90's JDM! Feels great on the track.

GTS Nordschleife hot lap STOCK Renault Clio R.S. 220 Trophy '15: 08.20.142

Really quick French hatch-back. Quite impressive.

GTS Nordschleife hot lap STOCK Audi TT Coupe 3.2 quattro '03: 08.18.454
I didn't expect such a quick lap time from this one. I always thought it was a little turtle, but nope, it's a quicky!

GTS Nordschleife hot lap STOCK Ford Focus ST '15: 08.12.983

I was more than surprised by its speed/lap time. Like wow, it's actually quicker, than a Mitsubishi GTO!

New times:

GTS Nordschleife hot lap STOCK Renault Megane R.S. Trophy '11: 08.10.063

This one is seriously fast! Really nice French family hatch-back. Has also great driving mechanics!

GTS Nordschleife hot lap STOCK Toyota GR Supra RZ '20: 07.38.895
A really, really fun car to drive. Likes to go side-ways and likes to drift. Is also quite the substantial improvement to the '19 model.

lol, I did the long 25km track with a classic Fiat 500 the other day. Time lap 23:23 something. The poor thing has trouble going uphill a lot (some taking 2-3 attempts), resulting in a super long lap time. Had a laugh and was able to empty a snack bowl while doing the lap. :D

I love lapping on this track and mainly use the 24hr track to test cars on. Must have done hundreds of laps there now.
Had a lot of fun burning rubber with the Greddy Fugu Z there this evening. Planned on doing 2 quick laps for the daily reward distance, but ending up doing 15, because I couldn't stop lapping

Improved Time:

Volkswagen Type 2 (T1) ‘62 - 13:20.955
You’re not winning any N100 races any time soon with this. The VW Type 2 was built to be a commercial vehicle, not a sports car. Powered by the same 1.2 liter flat-4 engine found in the VW 1200 ’Beetle’ featured in the game, the Type 2 manages to be much slower due to it’s weight and final drive ratio. Although being a van, it handles better than the Beetle. The high center of gravity allows it to not oversteer as much as the Beetle. The suspension is very soft with plenty of body roll when cornering.
upload_2020-12-4_0-36-22.jpeg

Not much else to say in terms of handling. However, since you basically just cruise around the Nordschleife in this, you might as well sit back and enjoy the view!
upload_2020-12-4_0-34-23.jpeg

Last edited:
Without ever noticing this thread, I pretty much started the exact same thing by myself about a month ago. Lol.

I started with all the Jdm's first, as they were my point of interest. Without a doubt the GT-R reigns supreme for now (along with the same safety car). I haven't looked at your times yet, mainly because I know it will play with my head during these upcoming laps :lol: . I also want the cars to be tested with the same mindset I already have. I use sports hards too, and a good ol' DS4.
Not doing N100's and some VGT's, not the F1 car either.

Special note though, I am doing these using the onboard view only. I wanted to push the real driving simulation a little further. Certainly got better at it, but I'm still a couple of seconds off my usual times. It makes me enjoy every detail of a car, and I also learn a lot from it. I don't turn penalties off, but wall contact is automatic no no for me, and I am fair with myself. Two wheels on the grass is accepted if I don't gain time from it.

Brake balance ranges from -1 to +1 on most cars and just like you, the only assist I've used so far is ABS. Conditions of the sky vary depending on my mood.

-Few things I learned from my ''up to date'' Jdm list so far; The '17 Nsx is a car I could easily kill myself with, the small but mighty Yaris is able to hang with all the other 90's badasses and the Crown is surprisingly easy to drive. The RX-7 '02 is one annoying beeper but dang, what a drive! And it is fast too! Also forgot to mention the craziness of that Amuse s2000... (which comes on ss tires btw😉). Lots of fun as I now prepare to test the ''rest of the world'' cars :lol:. Can't wait to compare data and share it with you in a close future. In the meantime, I always do the time trials and the daily races each week as best as possible, and I would be glad to have a few more friends to compare lap times with. Feel free to add me on Psn if you want : AstroVex92

Thank you all and stay safe! :gtpflag:
1633903018927.png

Well, here it is. After many hours of fun and frustration, I finally managed to get my own list of times on the Nurb. Interesting results, as I could not bring the LaFerrari on top of the leaderboard. Way too dangerous on sports hards if you ask me. I only included the road legal cars, so no Vulcan or Zonda there.
I could not beat any of the times previously set here, as I am about 10 to 20 seconds slower on average than what the pros did first. As mentioned before, I used the onboard view only, which led to a whole new world of learning for me; It feels so different at first. I find it cool to have a different view of that leaderboard though. Kinda shows that some of the top cars aren't necessarily the fastest, due to them requiring having a professional driver behind the wheel . Here's my list:

1-McLaren F1 '94---7:18.595
2-Huayra '13 -------7:20.141
3-LaFerrari ---------7:22.316
4-Veyron '13--------7:25.120
5-Veneno '14-------7:26.087
6-Ford GT '17-------7:26.847
7-Aventador '11----7:26.969
8-Aventador '15----7:27.246
9-Enzo '02----------7:28.571
10-One 77 '11------7:28.594
11-911 Gt3 RS------7:29.103
12-650s '14---------7:29.723
13- CTR3 '07-------7:30.4xx
14-MP4 12c---------7:30.6xx
15-McLaren slr------7:30.6xx
16- GT-R Nismo----7:31.1xx
17-Huracan '15-----7:31.3xx
18-458 italia--------7:31.8xx
19-Viper GTS--------7:32.1xx
20-Taycan Turbo '19-7:34.0xx

The McLaren was by far the easiest to drive amongst the Top 10 in my opinion.

Now, these are the time gathered by N300 JDM's- Let the showdown begin! (This is where this whole thing started for me)

1-Supra RZ '19--------8:03.7xx
2-RX-7 Type A --------8:05.4xx
3-Nsx '92--------------8:05.9xx
4-R-34 GT-R-----------8:06.1xx
5-GR Yaris '20---------8:07.1xx
6-R-33 GT-R-----------8:07.3xx
7-Supra '97------------8:08.2xx
8-Fairlady Z '07-------8:08.7xx
9-Genesis '13---------8:10.3xx
10-R-32 GT-R---------8:12.4xx
11-Lancer evo '15----8:13.8xx
12-Impreza 22b------8:14.0xx
13-WRX Sti '14-------8:14.8xx
14-Civic '15-----------8:16.9xx
15-Fairlady '89-------8:17.7xx
16-Impreza '99-------8:21.4xx
17-Crown Athlete----8:22.1xx
18-Lancer evo '96----8:24.7xx
19-Supra Turbo '88---8:27.3xx

So... Now that this comes to an end, I feel like it was a whole lot of work for nothing lol.😑 At least I had fun, and most importantly, I improved A LOT. Man, those hypercars are no joke to drive... If you can do a lap around the Nordschleife without crashing then you instantly get better. Simple as that. I want to mention that I used TC1 for the Aventador '15 and the Ford GT. These two really gave a hard time for some reason. Looking forward to do the same thing when GT7 comes out, after completing those licences tests of course😎. Thanks to all and stay safe.

*Special thanks to Yassi for all the efforts put in first, you are golden :)

FordGT123.png

Cool thread! I'll have to jump in and try some. I wish PD ran an ongoing/evergreen hot laps board to manage such a thing within the game... filterable, searchable, and transparent so that we could all play along indefinitely. But I'll definitely look for some of the best to chase from the older entries here and play along.

Back