Votes: 58 53.7%
  • I hate it

Votes: 29 26.9%
  • Whats street racing

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • I don't care

Votes: 19 17.6%

• Total voters
I drive interstate a lot, and drive up through back country roads at late night/early morning hours - I really don't need two boneheads racing their Ricer specials arriving in my lap at the thick end of 100mph when all I'm trying to do is get home.

I've already had a couple of close calls trying to get to golf in the very early hours - pinheads racing an Integra Type R and a WRX (with an exhaust you could stick your head into) nearly took me out near an industrial area one Sunday morning.

Racing belongs on the track, not the road.

street racers are dumb, period.

that's my take on it, i've lost a friend doing so...

i still can't figure why people are street racing.

stick to the track, if you can't afford the 10$ to get at the strip, you shouldn't be driving.

Street racing is about the thrill of going fast. Its about the respect you get from others about your car. I dont care if you people hate it cause its my car and my life. I'll race till i die.

And no i dont like the Fast & the Furious. It was the worst protrayal on street racing

And racing can belong any where you want it to be.
And Im sure you both have speeded at sometime in your life and thats all the definition of street racing is: speeding

Sitting on cruise control at 5kmh over the posted limit and racing a modified car against another modified car on public roads are not the same thing - you need to be clearer on your definitions.

If you're talking about having a little push-on on a country road, that's fine (provided you know your limits and stick to them), but head-to-head racing on the street - bad.

Originally posted by streetracer780
Street racing is about the thrill of going fast. Its about the respect you get from others about your car. I dont care if you people hate it cause its my car and my life. I'll race till i die.

And no i dont like the Fast & the Furious. It was the worst protrayal on street racing

See the bit I highlighted in red?

That's the whole bloody point. You'll do it until you die, but what if you take someone else out in your stupid, petty, self-centred way? I don't give a toss if you kill yourself, because you made the choice, but if you hit someone else, like a father on his way home to the kids for Christmas, what choice did you give them? You took them away from the world, and they had no option! Their kids are gonna hate Christmas forever now, because you killed their father on Christmas Eve. You selfish, moronic danger-to-society.

Have you ever been in a serious accident? Or seen one?

And if you think I'm getting overly wound up about this for nothing, I lost control of my Subaru Impreza Turbo, on a back road, on my own, doing about 80mph. I could have recovered it, but for the fact that there was an on-coming cement mixer in the piece of road that I needed. The cement mixer hit my car about 6" behind the B piller, crushing the back of the car so that it was half as wide at the rear as the front. The cement mixer was so badly damaged in the impact that it was towed away. It was twelve days before Christmas 1999. Now I'm not some 17 year old rice kid, I was a professional driver for 3 years, and I've driven an estimated 250,000 miles in my life.

I keep thinking that I was glad it was a truck I hit, because if it had been a car, I would have killed the driver. Through my own stupidity.

I know this is going to get censored, and I may get grief from the mods for saying this, but you really need to get a ****ing grip, and start thinking about the other, more innocent, more considerate and caring road users.

Street "racers" are the people who actually cannot, or don't dare to race. Seeing who can shift faster or trottle harder isn't racing! There is no thrill in that! You guys go to an event, race 3 times, for 12 seconds. That's 36seconds of track time per day. Yeehay, who's the "racer"?!

I think it's very sad and disturbing what you do, if you want to race, go to a racetrack and race wheel to wheel, not side by side in a straight line! You'll probably **** your pants.
And don't bring your nawzy civic.

"Streetracing is not a crime"
Streetracing actually is a crime, duh.

Originally posted by GilesGuthrie

That's the whole bloody point. You'll do it until you die, but what if you take someone else out in your stupid, petty, self-centred way? I don't give a toss if you kill yourself, because you made the choice, but if you hit someone else, like a father on his way home to the kids for Christmas, what choice did you give them? You took them away from the world, and they had no option! Their kids are gonna hate Christmas forever now, because you killed their father on Christmas Eve. You selfish, moronic danger-to-society.

And if you think I'm getting overly wound up about this for nothing, I lost control of my Subaru Impreza Turbo, on a back road, on my own, doing about 80mph. I could have recovered it, but for the fact that there was an on-coming cement mixer in the piece of road that I needed. The cement mixer hit my car about 6" behind the B piller, crushing the back of the car so that it was half as wide at the rear as the front. The cement mixer was so badly damaged in the impact that it was towed away. It was twelve days before Christmas 1999. Now I'm not some 17 year old rice kid, I was a professional driver for 3 years, and I've driven an estimated 250,000 miles in my life.

I keep thinking that I was glad it was a truck I hit, because if it had been a car, I would have killed the driver. Through my own stupidity.

I know this is going to get censored, and I may get grief from the mods for saying this, but you really need to get a ****ing grip, and start thinking about the other, more innocent, more considerate and caring road users.

:cheers:

Originally posted by GilesGuthrie

i couldn't have said it better... :thumbsup:

if he replies something like "i don't care" or "he just didn't need to be there" he's an ass that needs to get checked...

Originally posted by PunkRock

i couldn't have said it better... :thumbsup:

if he replies something like "i don't care" or "he just didn't need to be there" he's an ass that needs to get checked...

I think this "Im sure you both have speeded at sometime in your life and thats all the definition of street racing is: speeding" already made him the ass and this "I'll race till i die." gave me the impression he needed a check-up.

ok listen all of you. I have never hit anyone else. I drive back roads only. I dont drag cuase its gay. We road race. Its more fun and it shows driving skill.

Also if none of you have ever raced then you dont know how exciting it is.

You guys can have your own opinions and i respect that. So why not respect mine?

you can like what you want, actually doing it is the problem

that you stay on backroads does not make accidents impossible

i know there is a possibility for an accident. but doing on the back roads is better than doing on a main street were it easier to hurt someone. I always try and be careful i race at 1 or 2 in the moring so there is no one around.

Sure im worried about hurt someone else an if i do it will make me realize that i was in the wrong.

I'm sorry if i offend anyone but ill keep on racing.

Also about the statement i race til i die. I ment it as an expression so dont take it the wrong way.

illogical. you believe noone is around.

why do you need death to understand right and wrong?

just what do you think your punishment should be if you kill someone.

seems to me that if this thread were put in evidence, you'd not get a light sentence.

i know there is a possibility for an accident. but doing on the back roads is better than doing on a main street were it easier to hurt someone. I always try and be careful i race at 1 or 2 in the moring so there is no one around.

Sure im worried about hurt someone else an if i do it will make me realize that i was in the wrong.

I'm sorry if i offend anyone but ill keep on racing.

Also about the statement i race til i die. I ment it as an expression so dont take it the wrong way.

Don't you feel any responsibilty? You say doing it on back roads is better than on main streets, why don't you just take it to the track?!

Now read the text I underlined. I'm not even going to comment that! It's just a really sick and egocentric thought.

We road race. Its more fun and it shows driving skill.

Driving skill? What?!
Did I really just read that? Am I really laughing my ass off? Yes, I really am laughing my ass off.

Just please, for god-sake have the guts to take it to the track. There isn't any upcoming traffic, there aren't any people on the track and they have sandtraps and tirewalls --> you'll need them.

Dude, I almost had you! :rolleyes:

street racing is only safe when you're on an empty street and there are no other cars except for the racers. The problem with going to the tracks sometimes is that there are not enough out here. If i wanna go to a good track, I have to drive 2 and a half hours everyday to go to palmdale. Or I could go to carslbad which is an hour away, but a nasty track to race on. For all of you guys who race on the freeway, you guys are the stupid ones who get killed and give street racing a bad name. It's that simple

yo man i totaly agree. there is no track around me either. so props to josh.

BTW josh what kind of car you got?

and no i wont kill anyone cause with no one around who is there to kill. i more careful then to kill any innocent person. the only person that might be killed whould be me.

finally this is a forum for street racers not ones against it. So please if you dont like streetracing or totaly disagree with it please dont post things in this thread that aren't street racing realated in a good way.

im trying to be polite about this cause i dont want to start a fight.

ill keep my opinoins and all you anti-racers can keep yours to yourselfs.

finally this is a forum for street racers not ones against it. So please if you dont like streetracing or totaly disagree with it please dont post things in this thread that aren't street racing realated in a good way.

im trying to be polite about this cause i dont want to start a fight.

ill keep my opinoins and all you anti-racers can keep yours to yourselfs.

I believe the title of the forum is 'What do you think of street racing'.

Originally posted by assassinR
street racing is only safe when you're on an empty street and there are no other cars except for the racers. The problem with going to the tracks sometimes is that there are not enough out here. If i wanna go to a good track, I have to drive 2 and a half hours everyday to go to palmdale. Or I could go to carslbad which is an hour away, but a nasty track to race on. For all of you guys who race on the freeway, you guys are the stupid ones who get killed and give street racing a bad name. It's that simple

You're truly giving the name Josh a bad name.

Originally posted by assassinR

What kind of excuse is that?! Look here, that's what I race on and you should too. I understand that your incapability of wheel to wheel racing can keep you from going to a track, you know, with the corners and all. But still you should definitely stop being an ass and endangering peoples lifes by racing on public streets.

Back