studdering

• Thread starter BAR-ZoNdA
  • 4 comments
jbzonda
in a few of the licences, i think it was the mclaren f1 longtail and the some form of nsx, but when the revs went up, it studdered alot, as if it was on a rally track or something, has anyone else noticed that?

Basically what is happening here is that too much power is being supplied to the rear tyres for the amount of grip that it is getting... this means you either get wheel spin... or the TCS kicking in and lowering your revs... Happens about 310KM/h odd in the F1... (And of course will happen in 1st and 2nd (and sometimes 3rd) gear.

C.

yeti
Basically what is happening here is that too much power is being supplied to the rear tyres for the amount of grip that it is getting... this means you either get wheel spin... or the TCS kicking in and lowering your revs... Happens about 310KM/h odd in the F1... (And of course will happen in 1st and 2nd (and sometimes 3rd) gear.

C.
Umm I think I asked this very same question in another post, but nobody replied. Isn't the reason for the high-speed stutter the downforce on the front of the GT cars? The downforce is so high that it pushes the car's nose onto the ground when you hit a certain speed. I deduced this much from watching the replays. Check it out for yourself on any saved replays of the McLaren, Takata NSX, and even the AI Toyota GT1. You'll actually see the wheels go clean through the body in some cases! I'm pretty sure the front downforce is the culprit...:)

yeti, I'm not sire that thats the correct explanation. At those speeds I would argue that the grip level is at its highest due to downforce. I think whats happeneing is the car is bottoming out causeing the revs to stuter like that due to the high downforce being applied to the car. That or either the wind resistence is to great (which doesnt really explain why the revs a nuts)....

Back