Subaru edition GT Concept in japan

hey guys if this has been mention i apologize. I havent been on the boards in a while.

Ok here goes. i am in the Kyoto area of Japan for the whole month of July for summer school. ( im from So Cal normally)

I went to a bunch of car dealerships getting JDM parts for my self and friends. Anyway at teh Subaru dealer (which is also a STI dealer) they had a granturismo setup like nothing I have ever heard about or seen.

It was a FULL simulator. we all know at E3 and japanese game expos there are the Sparco and logitech cockpit sets to play GT we knwo you can take three PS2s and have 2 broadcast to make one massive wide screen display.

well this had that and more. It was three screens, a Logitech GT Force wheel, and because it was Subaru they used a STI seat from the new WRX. The entire cockpit was encased kinda like those fighter plane arcade games. and it was set atop gimbles.

thats right this version of GT was programmed to work with the simulator. kinda liek those shuttle looking things that rock back and forth side to side. well ti was programmed to the game. so when you launch the thing tilts back. when you turn you FEEL it!!!!

Also this version of GT is something i have never seen, It is similar to GTconcept. and i knwo its not GT4 because of the look. The game is set to one lap . you have only three cars to choose from (all subaru cars). one of them is the NEW WRX STI. i dont think that this game could be GT concept because the new WRX STi was annonced after GT concept plus GT4 is not out.

The computer im using now is a japanese library computer so i cant upload pics. But i wil try tonight. on my friends laptop.

it was the greatest experience since i used my sparco seat from my car to play GT3.

Hasn't been mentioned before, so good post!

I think they did a Toyota specific Gran Turismo a year or so ago, so it may be that they've done versions for a few other manufacturers. See if you can get any photos!

I remember in one of the GT4 videos they showed a guy in exactly what your talking about. Forgot the name but it ended out of no where.

Oh i do have video of me playing it and more importantly the whole thing shakking and moving but i dont know how to upload such a huge thing and i dont think I have cables to download. i may beable to figure something out. But if I do any one want to help me upload a small mpeg?

Originally posted by Brandono
I remember in one of the GT4 videos they showed a guy in exactly what your talking about. Forgot the name but it ended out of no where.

That video is called The Making Of GT4.

Originally posted by Solscud007
Oh i do have video of me playing it and more importantly the whole thing shakking and moving but i dont know how to upload such a huge thing and i dont think I have cables to download. i may beable to figure something out. But if I do any one want to help me upload a small mpeg?

You can send it too me via email? ( mad_tuner@hotmail.com )

Originally posted by Solscud007

E-mail me at admin@gtadvance.com then i'll set you up an ftp account so you can upload it and Super-Supra I don't know how big the file is but I doubt if it would fit in a hotmail account.

Sorry for the bad pics. the only pics I have are from outside when i went there when they were closed. that was teh first time. I went the following day but i only took video. So these wil have to quench your thirst for the coolest GT racing pod ever!!!!

post-17-30248-Subaru_GT_sim.JPG

post-17-30378-Subaru_GT_sim2.JPG

post-17-30510-STI_GT_Seat.jpg

also I posted this info on NASIOC (North American Subaru Inprezza Owners Club) and one guy has seen it too. here is a link to that post and his pics

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=4254218#post4254218

Wow that thing is cool, I heard there was a VW version of GTC in fact theres a thread about it on this forum somewhere.
Does anyone know where you could get a copy I would love to get hold of one.:confused:

Back