Super Aguri Honda Racing is Virtually GO!!!!

• Thread starter Yuichi
  • 59 comments
http://www.f1racing.net/en/news.php?newsID=102548

Aguri Suzuki behind eleventh F1 team
Former grand prix driver Aguri Suzuki has lifted the lid on plans for a once-mysterious Honda-backed team. The Japanese says he has lodged an application with the FIA to debut in 2006, and would race under the 'Super Aguri F1' banner with Bridgestone tyres, a Honda engine and a base at Arrows' old Leafield factory.

But the 45-year-old, who has a team in the Indy Racing League and last raced in F1 in 1995, admitted in Tokyo: "There is a huge amount of work left."

Takuma Sato is all but guaranteed a seat, but Anthony Davidson, Adam Carroll and 'Super Aguri' IRL driver Kosuke Matsuura - Japanese like Sato - are all linked with the other car."It could be two Japanese drivers or one Japanese driver," Suzuki said. "It could even be two foreign drivers."

A more pressing hurdle, however, is clearance from the governing body to allow the use of a 'customer' 2006 BAR-Honda chassis, a practice that is - in theory - currently prohibited. The FIA will not formalise Super Aguri's 2006 application until early December.

Once the entry is confirmed, we might see Taku smashing some more......

thats all you can say? hes young. theres no telling what he can do in the future. massa used to be a crasher and look at him now.

i'm happy about this. i will have two teams to root fot next year.

takuma is young? What he can do in the future?

Takuma is 28 and unemployed (as of now)

massa is 24 and hes already goin to ferrari.

Maybe next year he’ll be racking up his first couple of wins. You never know, you’ve never seen him race in a competitive car. What you do know is that he out-qualified once world champion JV 13 – 6, and out raced him 15 – 4 in the same car.

Blake

jv is past is experation date and imo has always been over rated. massa is an average driver. he might do good things in the ferrari but i think they will be few and far between and he will be looking for a new ride in 2007.

pSI civic
Massa....i think they will be few and far between and he will be looking for a new ride in 2007.

I don't think so. Ferrari like him alot and depending on what happens in 2007 I could see him still in a #2 race seat...if not that he will the 3rd driver and test mule for the team....

Bubble Bunny
takuma is young? What he can do in the future?

Takuma is 28 and unemployed (as of now)

He also started rather late for an F1 driver.

Anyway I like having an insane pilot in F1. :)

I feel he is more suited as a lower class driver anyhow. Though he should be banned from watching historical documentaries about the Pacific in world war two.

they dont show the history channel in japan. we show it here because we won the war. over there they make it look better for their side.

probably if you dont correct me.

if that car was real, they had better get karthekayen to drive for them... then it would be an all indian team!

Everything will be a chop unless it has the split wings.

Kensei...how could you expect anything less but ignorance from a honda fanboy? ;)

i'm still waiting for my ****ing explaination on the subject. so you're saying they have the history channel in japan and they tell everyone that america beat their ass?

maybe it will say FEAR THIS and have little toyotas printed on it with them X'ed out...

it might as well is sato is gonna drive...

Latest Posts

Back