Super Aguri Honda Racing is Virtually GO!!!!

• Thread starter Yuichi
  • 59 comments
I was really disappointed by Sato this year, because he had some brilliant (and some overeager) drives last year, and he was convincing enough to be rated 5th midseason by F1 Racing - I think he has the speed but his main problem is his overtaking abilities. I'd like to see him again in F1.

Super Aguri could get the green light for 2006. I’ve read various stories and no-one seems to be against them joining the grid for 2006. Anyway, maybe we will get an announcement in a few days.

Link.

from BBC Sport

F1 gives Super Aguri green light

Ex-F1 racer Aguri Suzuki
Super Aguri to re-apply for 2006
Japanese outfit Super Aguri are set to become the 11th team in Formula One after securing the unanimous agreement of the 10 existing teams on Wednesday.

The Honda-backed outfit will now seek formal acceptance from the FIA (the International Automobile Federation).

"I am very happy that all 10 F1 teams have approved our late entry to the Formula One world championship," said Super Aguri team founder Aguri Suzuki.

The team are expected to sign former BAR driver Takuma Sato.

Super Aguri, for whom Honda would supply engines, had their initial application rejected last month by the FIA, motorsport's governing body, after they failed to hand over a mandatory $48 million bond.

McLaren chief Martin Whitmarsh said recently his team supported the Aguri venture, but that others such as Midland were resisting.

Williams were also seeking reassurances that the new team would be "viable, have funding and are not going to appear and disappear".

They’re in.
F1Racing.net
The 2006 season will have eleven teams competing on track. Super Aguri received a positive reply on its entry in Formula One. Aguri was able to pay the deposit of $ 48 million and thus we will see 22 cars at the grid in Bahrain for the first time since Arrows went backrupt in 2002.

A FIA statement on Thursday said: Following receipt of the necessary financial guarantee and with the unanimous support of the competing teams, the FIA has accepted the late entry of the Super Aguri F1 team to the 2006 FIA Formula One world championship.

Team founder Aguri Suzuki was over the moon with the news. "I am thankful for the support we received from all of the other F1 teams and we look forward to seeing them soon," he said. "Our team members are doing their best to make sure that we are on the grid in Bahrain -- and I am confident that we will make it."

Blake
Welcome to GTPlanet VNAF Ace. Enjoy your stay. :cheers:
Actually, I'm y2kgamer...

I wanted to change my sn, and the only way to do that was to get a new one. :lol:

But I'll drink to that... :cheers:

its going to be cool seeing some fights at the bottom of league , midland Redbull Jr. team and Super Aguri :D

VNAF Ace
Actually, I'm y2kgamer...

I wanted to change my sn, and the only way to do that was to get a new one. :lol:

But I'll drink to that... :cheers:
Oh, ok. Could have gotten premium. :lol:

BMW318ciC – I don’t think Super Aguri will be that competetive. Especially not initially…

Blake
I don’t think Super Aguri will be that competetive. Especially not initially…

Yeah, arn't they using Arrows chassis from back in '02 or something?

I think that will be the only time "Sato" and "1" will ever be in the same sentance...

Hahaha! Oh my god! A 2002 Arrows chassies?! Sato needs all the handling he could get, not a car that handled poor even back then! :lol:

So who wants to tak ebets on how far they will be off the pace? The honda engines will help, but even a new chassis won't help this team much.

They’ll have a 2002 chassis, that is modified to current aero regulations, as well as modified to withstand the latest crash test figures. The latter part means it will be quite heavy, so I’m not sure if they’ll have much, if any, ballast to play around with…

I don’t think the new chassis will be competitive either, tbh. They seem to be rushing things too much… :indiff:

Well, the first part of the season will be a struggle, but when they get their new car going they should be able to battle with STR and maybe midland every now and then.

How much lighter were the cars back then?

I good idea for them would be to do what mitsubishi did in the WRC. Go with the new aero regs for 08 so they get a major jump on the teams. They will already be very uncompetitive so why not get a ton of testing over the other teams?

The cars weren’t any lighter. But increasing the rigidity of an old chassis to cope with the new crash test figures will increase the weight quite a lot. A new chassis wouldn’t have that problem because they can design new solutions from the outset, rather than patching the chassis up to cope.

Uh oh...

(Taken from sniffpetrol.com)

STUPID AGURI IN STUPID ENGINE ERROR

There was hilarity in Formula 1 this week with news that back markers elect and comedy 11th man team Stupid Aguri haven't got any engines. The foolish making-up-the-numbers last row sitters' embarrassing error came to light when one of the team's engineers was spotted ahead of the forthcoming season skulking around a branch of HMV trying to buy an F1 car sound effects CD. "Yes it is true, we have no engines," admitted a shamefaced insider. "Instead our drivers will propel the car with their legs in the manner of Fred Flintstone whilst a lightweight in-car stereo system plays the appropriate noises from some speakers mounted in the side pods. Since we're going to get lapped a lot anyway we thought no one would notice".
However, the rubbish recording-based plan is only the tip of the pointless entry iceberg. "We are delighted to have signed Takuma Sato," said another nameless team source. "Thanks to a sophisticated in-helmet microphone Takuma will be able to add his own audio embellishments such as popping on the over-run and the distinctive noise of him twatting into something. For a second driver we are hoping to recruit the man who played the amusing Sgt. Larvell Jones in Police Academy".
Nonetheless, some F1 observers have been puzzled at Aguri's inexplicable motor loss situation since they were widely understood to have signed an engine deal with Honda. "Ah yes, I can explain that one," said a Stupid Aguri spokesman. "You see, we were meant to pick up the engines from our local Honda dealer, but we forgot. Just like we almost forgot to sign up with the FIA but then we simply promised that we would hand over the $30 and it was all sorted out… $30 million? Oh God, I have to ring the bank…"

:lol: Just a bit of comedy for you guys. :D

Bee
Uh oh...

(Taken from sniffpetrol.com)

STUPID AGURI IN STUPID ENGINE ERROR

There was hilarity in Formula 1 this week with news that back markers elect and comedy 11th man team Stupid Aguri haven't got any engines. The foolish making-up-the-numbers last row sitters' embarrassing error came to light when one of the team's engineers was spotted ahead of the forthcoming season skulking around a branch of HMV trying to buy an F1 car sound effects CD. "Yes it is true, we have no engines," admitted a shamefaced insider. "Instead our drivers will propel the car with their legs in the manner of Fred Flintstone whilst a lightweight in-car stereo system plays the appropriate noises from some speakers mounted in the side pods. Since we're going to get lapped a lot anyway we thought no one would notice".
However, the rubbish recording-based plan is only the tip of the pointless entry iceberg. "We are delighted to have signed Takuma Sato," said another nameless team source. "Thanks to a sophisticated in-helmet microphone Takuma will be able to add his own audio embellishments such as popping on the over-run and the distinctive noise of him twatting into something. For a second driver we are hoping to recruit the man who played the amusing Sgt. Larvell Jones in Police Academy".
Nonetheless, some F1 observers have been puzzled at Aguri's inexplicable motor loss situation since they were widely understood to have signed an engine deal with Honda. "Ah yes, I can explain that one," said a Stupid Aguri spokesman. "You see, we were meant to pick up the engines from our local Honda dealer, but we forgot. Just like we almost forgot to sign up with the FIA but then we simply promised that we would hand over the $30 and it was all sorted out… $30 million? Oh God, I have to ring the bank…"

:lol: Just a bit of comedy for you guys. :D

The sad part is that this could be true. :lol:

Knowing the relationship between Honda and Aguri Suzuki the development of the car and team will gel better in the 2007 F1 Season with a whole new car.

Back