Super Formula SF23 Confirmed for Gran Turismo 7’s April Update

• Thread starter Famine
  • 149 comments
I vividly remember piloting the Ferarri F2007 and F10 in GT5 as the finest prestige the game had to offer. May we have them back in GT7 pretty please? I'll gladly pay 50M cr for ea.
Blimey yes I remember them now you mention it. They were quality! Loved the darker Ferrari red colour choice too.

Super Formula is not a very interesting racing vehicle, it would be better for PD to think about the latest GT500 cars from Super GT. We skipped silhouette prototypes like the Lexus LC500 which dominated the series more than anyone else, now we skip the front-engined NSX, Nissan Z, Supra which are significantly different from the 2016 cars in terms of aerodynamics and engine. It's a shame that the current fastest closed-wheel cars in the world aren't in GT7, given the Super GT and Gran Turismo connection.
You lost me at "Super Formula is not interesting" . . .
Open Wheel cars in VR are the best bits in GT7

Would of course like more up to date cars, but licensing isn't cheap

Last edited:
I vividly remember piloting the Ferarri F2007 and F10 in GT5 as the finest prestige the game had to offer. May we have them back in GT7 pretty please? I'll gladly pay 50M cr for ea.
Take it up with Maranello. Only problem is their inclusion will usually come with lots of stipulations due to the nature of their licensing terms. The F2007 and F10 were famously not allowed to be used in A Spec or B Spec, and could only be used in one-make seasonal events. It’s part of the reason most games settle for older F1 models such as the MP4/4 or RA272.

Last edited:
If they add Motegi, Sugo and Okayama (i simply love that track) it will be great addition with Super Formula. Maybe in May Update we can have some TCR Japan cars, who knows ? The TCR Japan is a support championship on Super Formula weekends.

All i want from PD is a track editor (like in GT5 and GT6). If they add that in the near future, the GT7 fulfills its role.
Fingers crossed :)🤞🙏

This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Super Formula SF23 Confirmed for Gran Turismo 7’s April Update

After last week’s limited premature announcement, Polyphony Digital and Japan Race Promotion have confirmed that the Dallara SF23, as used in Super Formula, will be coming to Gran Turismo 7 in an update later this month...

Last edited:
Motegi would nice for the Honda engined car to be well represented. A bit weird photographing the car at a Toyota location.
1680523964942.jpeg

Good to see the SF23 is indeed coming to the game but I shall definetly have to change the liveries on the car, not really a huge fan of those stock liveries in the photot's.

I am sure there will be plenty of F1 liveries on them very soon after the update though.

I am going to bite the bullet and buy 20 of these so 10 Honda and 10 Toyota to make my own Super Formula Genshin Racing world championship season, I presume they will lbe the same price as the SF19 so I shouldn't have to grind too much...

Wait, ~130kg heavier and less downforce? How is this better than what we have? We're not saving the environment within GT.

edit

NVM google gave me results for the Ferrari F1 car despite typing "super formula 2023". Teaches me not to be lazy on 3 hours of sleep and no food for almost a day.

Last edited:
Motegi would nice for the Honda engined car to be well represented. A bit weird photographing the car at a Toyota location.
View attachment 1245019
Toyota logo on the front wing and side of the nose too, lol.

After some googling, both cars have all the Honda and Toyota logos in real life as well, so I guess it's slightly less weird for them to only be on a Toyota track.

I think the red one might actually be the Toyota engine anyway? I find it's a bit hard to find information about SF online in English.

2-1-e1670950957427.png

Last edited:
Not what the game needs the most when you look at all the holes in the car list.
Holes in the car list like the fact we only have one modern open wheeler?
Ok mate!

I don't understand why you still lurk around here if all you do is whinge about the content that gets added. You're certainly allowed, but is there really nothing better for you to do?

Last edited:
I don't understand why you still lurk around here if all you do is whinge about the content that gets added. You're certainly allowed, but is there really nothing better for you to do?
All I do? You must think I’m someone else. And thanks for allowing me to express my personal opinion. That means a lot coming from someone who didn’t write the forum rules. Talk about better things to do… :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Super Formula isn't my cup of tea exactly, but I'm happy for the people that enjoy it getting something they wanted. Just hope the dlc comes with a new track. It can be Twin Ring Motegi or perhaps...Red Rock Valley? Eh, we probably won't get a new track considering the rate of track additions last year.

Though then again, we were only getting 3 cars per month last year and now it seems they upped it to 5 per month, so maybe they changed things.

snc
Isnt this track terrible to overtake as its very narrow ?
We have a reference here:

The track is not as wide as modern F1 and original PD circuits, but it is on par with Monza, Brands and other classics. The advantage of Sugo is that it is a circuit with a lot of personality, endowed with its own characteristics. It would work great with Gr.3 and Gr.4.

Last edited:
Back