Super GT to Stage a Gran Turismo Sport Special Event on June 21

They're not even using the SuperGT cars, just the Gr.3 "GT300" cars. Good grief...
+1

One major cause might be due to lack of 2020-spec Gr.2 cars (we have only the RC F instead of GR Supra).
it really shoulden't matter in my opinion. These cars represent whats unique with Super GT as we don't have any of the JAF GT300 cars at the moment (MC cars BRZ Prius etc) nor any of the GT300 spec GT3 models (from what i know they have a bit different aero etc). So the might as well name it FIA GT3 .

Oh noooooz, theyR naHt YOUsing deh RealZ SUPERGT Carzzzz!!!!

Who cares if they're using GT3 cars? It's good for the sport and the game.

Sure but don't call it Super GT then. Thats like doing a Coca Cola promotion event using Pepsi.

Please-tell-me-p4fxcq.jpg

It's "good for the sport and good for the game" to rubber stamp a branding deal on a race to make it look more important than it actually is?

Who said anything about it being important? Certainly wasn't me. I missed that part of the thread...who said it?

Exposure is good...there's no such thing as bad publicity.

It's "good for the sport and good for the game" to rubber stamp a branding deal on a race to make it look more important than it actually is?
+ 1 but that aside i can understand why its good for the game (although i don't see how branding an event
after a series and not using the top line of cars racing there when they are available is a positive) but how on earth is it "good for the sport" ?
Exposure is good...there's no such thing as bad publicity.
"Laughs in EA and Bethesda".

GT300 tends to be more action packed than GT500, we just don't see it because of the TV directors.
True, the tv directors tend to want to focus on the fastest class in multi-class racing super GT or otherwise. A slower class could be jam packed full of action, but the TV directors at times may stay focus on the top class for overall victory even during periods within the category where there is 'not much' racing going on. I find that Bathurst 12 hr is pretty much 85% GT3 racing on screen also, I end up wanting to witness more action from other classes. Though drivers in slower classes maybe not in position to gain the overall victory, their battles for position during the race are no less important.

Hopefully the next Gran Turismo employs multi-class racing...

The next GT title needs this so badly!

Off topic,

I'm grateful to FIA for their support in GTS, as PD have finally established a car class system and B.O.P. It just needs a tad bit more refining. Also maybe 1 extra class below GR.4 and 1 class between GR.4, GR.3 and GR.2. I'd like to think KY would be enthusiastic about this feature coming to GT, given his passion for VLN and N24H.
My only concern is bad performance from A.I. atm, and will effect the racing when participating in slower classes. For that reason, if multi-class racing does make it in the next title and becomes an exclusive online feature, I'd be disappointed but not upset.

If stage 6 mission challenge 8 in GTS was not a taste of things to come ,well......:irked:

Last edited by a moderator:
Also maybe 1 extra class below GR.4 and 1 class between GR.4, GR.3 and GR.2.
They could easily do this with the current cars that are in categories they don't necessarily fit into. Take the FF cars out of Gr.4 and give them their own TC category. Take the VGT cars out of every category, and either re-balance them all for one VGT category, or two separate categories.

I've always felt Gr.4 needs more of it's own identity rather than just supplementing Gr.3 just for the sake of the Manufacturer's Cup. Racing a Veyron against a Scirocco is just silly. As is having Group C, modern LMP1 Hybrid, and VGT cars all in the same category.

Why :confused:

i agree about GR.1 but why GR.3?.

It may seem silly but the silly part is the Veyron being in GR.4 not the Scirocco.

I don't know of any real GT4 cars that aren't RWD (obviously I could be wrong), and it would be nice to have a separate category closer to BTCC. And I just think it would be cool if VGT had it's own separate category. They have enough cars to do it, and reworking them for one category wouldn't be an issue because they're not real. It's just weird for me seeing them race against real modern cars, but it would be really cool to have races of just VGT cars.

Random thought, but shouldnt this thread be in the GT Sport section rather than here, as they are using GT Sport for these races...? @Famine

Random thought, but shouldnt this thread be in the GT Sport section rather than here, as they are using GT Sport for these races...? @Famine
We've put all the pro-driver esport events in here, regardless of platform, because the esports category points here.

ake the FF cars out of Gr.4

Them and the 4WD cars.

Take the VGT cars out of every category

I personally hate the Golf roadster and the Peugeot VGT GR.3's.

On the other hand cars like the Citroen GT, FT-1, and more recently Mazda RX vision GT (I know the Mazda is not of the VGT project). I find them modest for vision cars and seem to have been carefully constructed in respect to real physics. Much like the Glickenhaus SCG, they look wild next to official GT3 cars but for the right reasons. Perhaps that is because the 3 cars aforementioned were all based on real full scaled road versions.
The restrictions for PD's VGT project are relaxed, besides maybe a mandatory 4 wheels rule? That freedom is what is great about it, however the manufacturers that take the VGT approach with the idea of their design hopeful making it in the real world, that's the method I respect the most and think the end products are nearly always delightful to look at.

Subjective as hell, I know. Allowing a few VGT cars in one category just because their dimensions appear to agree with real life regulations in said class does not warrant the exclusion of other VGT cars from that class Hot Wheels inspired or not.

Them and the 4WD cars.

I personally hate the Golf roadster and the Peugeot VGT GR.3's.

On the other hand cars like the Citroen GT, FT-1, and more recently Mazda RX vision GT (I know the Mazda is not of the VGT project). I find them modest for vision cars and seem to have been carefully constructed in respect to real physics. Much like the Glickenhaus SCG, they look wild next to official GT3 cars but for the right reasons. Perhaps that is because the 3 cars aforementioned were all based on real full scaled road versions.
The restrictions for PD's VGT project are relaxed, besides maybe a mandatory 4 wheels rule? That freedom is what is great about it, however the manufacturers that take the VGT approach with the idea of their design hopeful making it in the real world, that's the method I respect the most and think the end products are nearly always delightful to look at.

Subjective as hell, I know. Allowing a few VGT cars in one category just because their dimensions appear to agree with real life regulations in said class does not warrant the exclusion of other VGT cars from that class Hot Wheels inspired or not.
I don't disagree but dosen't PD work with FIA to insure these fictional cars are acceptable?.

I don't disagree but dosen't PD work with FIA to insure these fictional cars are acceptable?.

I don't know, they probably are. PD being a video game company I suppose the sky is the limit. To the extent of what FIA deems acceptable, I have no clue. Though given some of the entrants I can only assume they are being unusually flexible for virtual reality sake if that is the case.

True, the tv directors tend to want to focus on the fastest class in multi-class racing super GT or otherwise. A slower class could be jam packed full of action, but the TV directors at times may stay focus on the top class for overall victory even during periods within the category where there is 'not much' racing going on. I find that Bathurst 12 hr is pretty much 85% GT3 racing on screen also, I end up wanting to witness more action from other classes. Though drivers in slower classes maybe not in position to gain the overall victory, their battles for position during the race are no less important.

The next GT title needs this so badly!

Off topic,

I'm grateful to FIA for their support in GTS, as PD have finally established a car class system and B.O.P. It just needs a tad bit more refining. Also maybe 1 extra class below GR.4 and 1 class between GR.4, GR.3 and GR.2. I'd like to think KY would be enthusiastic about this feature coming to GT, given his passion for VLN and N24H.
My only concern is bad performance from A.I. atm, and will effect the racing when participating in slower classes. For that reason, if multi-class racing does make it in the next title and becomes an exclusive online feature, I'd be disappointed but not upset.

If stage 6 mission challenge 8 in GTS was not a taste of things to come ,well......:irked:
I wouldn't mind a class below Gr4, something like a Gr5 .

Back