Super Unofficial DiRT 4 Thread (PS4/XB1/PC)

I know there isn`t a photomode:(:(:(:(:( these pics ive seen, do you think we could get pics like this from the replays...look great these..
dirt-8.jpg
44323.jpg

The shots are from a development build. I think the motionblur effects aren't there on PS4 when pausing. You should have the same "limited" options like in Dirt Rally. YourStage could provide some variation in taking captures and also the weather effects. There will be no photomode but a freecam could bé one of the extras being implemented.

I enjoyed this behind the scenes video and what goes on at codies and getting the game ready (It has now gone Gold) and on its way.

I didn't spot the EVOlution guys..Are they working in this building? :D

I enjoyed this behind the scenes video and what goes on at codies and getting the game ready (It has now gone Gold) and on its way.

I didn't spot the EVOlution guys..Are they working in this building? :D

I think those guys are in another studio up north. Liked the video a lot. That part where the guy is working on the car impressed me the most. With this amazing detail it is really a shame there isn't even a freecam to take some close-ups from their fantastic work :( (patch maybe?!?!). You spotted that "unknown" location as well?

Hope to see a couple of the driveclub gang dropping by in the D4 capture thread :cheers:

Is anyone else not too keen on every rally stage being generated...does that mean youd only ever go on a specific stage just the one time?

I kind of like it when you remember certain 'areas' of a stage,you may have crashed there before,but you want to nail it next time...

Is anyone else not too keen on every rally stage being generated...does that mean youd only ever go on a specific stage just the one time?

I kind of like it when you remember certain 'areas' of a stage,you may have crashed there before,but you want to nail it next time...
I'm not totally sold on it myself, feel like I'll have to see how the game actually integrates it before commenting.

I'm not totally sold on it myself, feel like I'll have to see how the game actually integrates it before commenting.
Apparently career mode is made up of generated stages that will be the same for everyone. Quite how user-generated stages fit into this remains to be seen, but I imagine that you can create a catalogue of stages that can be rotated into career mode and/or used in custom events.

The stages in the career will unlock once driven and you can race them as often as you want. If you create a stage with YourStage you will have to option to not only rate but also save the stage to your profile so that you can race it any time. You have up to 30 slots for stages to save and it may expand in the future.

Gather that the stages in career mode are pre-generated and shared across all platforms (for leaderboard purposes).

- - - - -

Anyway the soundtrack album has appeared...

Zv8UDDG.png

Oh yeah Bastille and Jake Bugg that's a throwback I always wanted:tup:👍

Anyway,im really looking forward to the game,will be pre-ordering for next friday..even though £55 is very steep imo.

Espeically looking forward to a more in-depth Rally Cross championship mode..will be spending most of my time in that i think..

Apparently career mode is made up of generated stages that will be the same for everyone. Quite how user-generated stages fit into this remains to be seen, but I imagine that you can create a catalogue of stages that can be rotated into career mode and/or used in custom events.

The stages in the career will unlock once driven and you can race them as often as you want. If you create a stage with YourStage you will have to option to not only rate but also save the stage to your profile so that you can race it any time. You have up to 30 slots for stages to save and it may expand in the future.

I suppose I should be a bit clearer - I understand how the career mode will use the feature, which sounds pretty good since it's not really different to a game with conventional tracks.

What I mean is, weeks down the line will I be able to instantly recognize certain sections of the track and encounter areas which just don't flow. The worry is, when you increase track complexity, does it start to feel artificial? The best driving roads in the real world have a natural ebb and flow because they are just that...real.

I'm confident Codies has a good system in place but I won't be hyped until I see it in action.

That's a pretty good soundtrack, especially with the inclusion of The Chemical Brothers' Go, Bastille's Pompei, The Hive's Tick Tick Boom & Queen's of the Stone Age's No One Knows (Throwback to Race Driver GRID). Hopefully we'll be able to listen to the soundtrack while racing this time.

What I mean is, weeks down the line will I be able to instantly recognize certain sections of the track and encounter areas which just don't flow. The worry is, when you increase track complexity, does it start to feel artificial? The best driving roads in the real world have a natural ebb and flow because they are just that...real.

Could be possible Brend. It has been a tech they have been working on for 3 years and it is the first game that is equiped with this. I seems to have a solid base and I am willing to forgive them the issues that can occure with this system in their first installment. Not something we have had on this scale before in a rallygame and I am very eager to try it out :)

I doubt large sections of stages will be recycled. In all likelihood, some assets will reappear, but given the way every corner feeds into another, it's probably going to be noticeably different each time.

Just a heads up, you can pre-order day one edition PS4 for $40 and xbox1 for $43 for Amazon Prime members! :cheers:

Thanks for that - was considering going digital but I'd missed that Amazon + Prime discount is a full £12 cheaper. Plus I might actually be able to play it on day 1, instead of taking a week to download 30-40GB :lol:

The problem is that it's only five circuits - the three from Dirt Rally, plus two more.
And that's why I won't be buying this game, not until its below 20 quid anyway. If you're gonna put Rally Cross or Land rush as a feature then support it properly. Rally cross in DR online was great but got boring very quickly, could have been an amazing online game.

I don't mind the recycled content, especially as I couldn't really get into DiRT Rally so I didn't spend much time on it. Compared to DiRT 2 & 3, the atmosphere felt too serious and quite boring imo.

Still confused about the release date. See alot of places the 9th worldwide but my Xbox market place says 6th - as well with GameStop

Regardless I'm itching to get my paws on it

I think the 6th is the US release date, and the 9th is for everywhere else.

Edit tree'd ^

Back