Supercar-Championship, Help please!!

• Thread starter .Nick.
  • 28 comments
Hi, im Nick and the supercar championship is the last tournament i have to win before i can to the GTWC and go to the extreme events. I am quite a good driver (have a gold Ia and the ones under it) but i can't seem to win at it.

I am using a ford gt 05, Stock and no-matter how much i try i can not catch up with the first ai car which is also a ford gt 05.

Can anyone give me soem advice e.g what car to se and wat car you used for the race please?

Supercar Festival or Gran Turismo World Championship?

I used a Ford GT w/ oilchange, racing suspension, full custom limited slip using DUCK's settings in the Supercar Festival and didn't have any problems winning the series.

.Nick.
I am using a ford gt 05, Stock and no-matter how much i try i can not catch up with the first ai car which is also a ford gt 05.
Can anyone give me soem advice e.g what car to se and wat car you used for the race please?
i used the ruf ctr2, looked up a setup from gtvault (tibbs and fumes are always great), upgraded it but not too much and won the supercar thing quite easily.

A stock Ford GT should be good enough to win all of the races in the series, just watch out for the Cadillac Cien in a couple of races.

I used a GT and beezed through this championship. The trick to diving the GT is to bake earlier than usual cuz its got no brakes what so ever and try driving without ASM it helps you go a little faster through the turns with it off.

I used a Viper SRT10 with NA tune 1, usual brake, suspension and drivetrain and engine upgrades. NOS will help on some races. Most races netted 60-70 A Spec points and were perfectly winnable.

I´ve done this with several (stock) cars, Ford GT, Viper GTS and SRT 10, Vette Z06 (slightly tuned), all the roadgoing Zondas, Audi LeMans Quattro. Thats what springs to mind right now, but I´m sure there are more. Just beware of the Caddy Cien!

...I cheated and used the M3 GTR Racecar with street tires... Or was that a different race series? I cant remember...

I use a Nissan R390 GT1 Road car.I got it over 500HP and then put it
back to stock HP(slightly tuned) and i got over 100 A-Spec points.

Team666
I´ve done this with several (stock) cars, Ford GT, Viper GTS and SRT 10, Vette Z06 (slightly tuned), all the roadgoing Zondas, Audi LeMans Quattro. Thats what springs to mind right now, but I´m sure there are more. Just beware of the Caddy Cien!

Buuuuut, you can't use the Le Mans Quattro. Production cars only.

As aforementioned, a Mercedes SLR McLaren usually goes down well in this series with no or very little tuning required. Can't remember, but you may be allowed to use racing tyres in this series (But i feel you can't...), which would help a lot with the Ford GT's braking ability.

FormulaGT

i'm pretty sure it's standard or sport tires only.

did this with first the skyline GT-R Vspec '97 fully tuned, and then used the Ford GT.

You can mod all you want, by production, they mean cars that were made for the general populace, so no fancy paintjobs or nismo special tunes. Not sure about concepts, some may be able to go, haven't tried.

-Ford GT 05 with oil change and racingbrakes
-Brake early!!
-Driving aids off (asm/tcs)
-Win

Thats all there is to it. And you dont need to be a great driver, an average one (just like me) suits just fine.

Doggie
-Ford GT 05 with oil change and racingbrakes
-Brake early!!
-Driving aids off (asm/tcs)
-Win

haha :dopey: yes, definitely need to get on the brakes early! These machines are crying for racing slicks, and without them they can get real sloppy real fast. more than once I found myself dropping a gear lower than what my idiot light recommended, and often much sooner, but that was fine by me, much better than braking where you normally would with racing tires, and nosing a wall or getting lost in a quarter-mile of sand.

However i've read several threads concerning the racing brakes and tests (some quite extensive) thereof, and then did a few tests of my own that pretty much confirmed what everone else said. They don't really do anything at all. Or if there was a difference, it was so miniscule that it hardly warrants the 4700 credits. (or however much they cost depending on the class of vehicle you ae driving.)

But as for the driving aids, I never really messed with them one way or the other.

When I took my '97 Skyline through, I did fiddle with the suspension, lowering the overall ride height 4cm both front and rear, and stiffened the springs a tad, and bought it a shiny new rear wing. Being a heavy car on sport tires it handled like a greased bowling ball, but it was a fun series all the same. 👍

edit: was using original suspension & turbo from HKS shop btw ;)

Fonce Diablo
Buuuuut, you can't use the Le Mans Quattro. Production cars only.
Ah, yes, I wasn´t sure about that car, but I knew I had used it for some race, either series or endurance, so I just put it in the list in case...:indiff: was four months since I did this...

GT4's Supercar Festival... it was a way for GT gamers to get their love of supercars and high-hp exotics and share it against others. Yes, this was a championship for you all to use supercars in high-stakes action. Sure, the supercars weren't the ones all the speedy types wanted, but at least you used these automobiles in safe, sane racing environments. So if you're used to this in the PGR series, you'll just need to adjust your driving style a bit for GT4.

Something I've kind of taught myself was to try not to modify the horsepower. When I got stuff like horsepower add-ons, it only upset the balance of the cars. Even considering that you MUST use Standard or Sports tires, it just makes things worse. Racing tires help make the balance of a more powerful car better. Since you can't use Racing tires of any kind, you must go with Standard or Sports Tires. Don't forget that your car must have 493hp or more to compete.

People talk about the Ford GT being bad to race with. I think I used a Ford GT at one point. I've also used a Callaway C12, a car I wanted to use as my little race car. I've won and lost races, but I figure that adding horsepower only means extra tuning. So I kept things simple after thinking about it. So if your car has more than 493hp and you have enough finances for tuning, just drop the weight and look for modifications which don't add horsepower. The only exceptions to this are maybe the mufflers and anything besides the NA, Turbo, or Supercharging options. I haven't played the game in a while, so I haven't tested this myself.

If you want a supercar with more than enough horsepower and can be a contender, the Ford GT can be quite a "bargain" at 160K Cr. The Saleen S7 isn't a bad choice either, but much more expensive at about 420K Cr. The 2003 Dodge Viper is torque-happy, but carries some wicked horsepower. My final recommendation is the only non-American one- the Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren. It has the horsepower, it has the performance, but it's the most expensive at maybe 100K less than most rally cars in GT4. After all, this is the SUPERCAR Festival. Supercars mean supercar money. So if you don't have the paper, don't hit the series until you get the money flowing, you dig me? Alright... make it happen!

How can you use the prize car to win it when you can't win the car in the first place? :odd:
How can you not win the car??? I don't know what your getting at, but you can win it with the prize car by winning the series, then you get in the car you won, and re-do the series.

I think he thought you were talking about INITALLY winning the series with the Cizeta, which would be all kinds of impossible.

I guess he's become roadkill a few times too many. XD

Back