Supra

• Thread starter Ketis
  • 53 comments
is there a place where i can win or buy the Newer bodystyle supra because i cannot find it i the dealers and i have won alot of races

Ketis
is there a place where i can win or buy the Newer bodystyle supra because i cannot find it i the dealers and i have won alot of races

You're talking, like, 96 or 97 right? Used Car Dealership #2 I think. Check the used car dealerships every "week" of gameplay (every 7 game days), it gets updated once a week for 100 weeks, and then the cycle resets.

burnout060
You're talking, like, 96 or 97 right? Used Car Dealership #2 I think. Check the used car dealerships every "week" of gameplay (every 7 game days), it gets updated once a week for 100 weeks, and then the cycle resets.

yep what he said. jus keep checking your Dealership 2. it should pop up eventually, but the RZ take some time. its a 97, just a little heads up for you.

Drifter5
yep what he said. jus keep checking your Dealership 2. it should pop up eventually, but the RZ take some time. its a 97, just a little heads up for you.

He's right the RZ is rare in GT4. I found mine in Dealership 2, Just keep checking there.

Drifter5

Thank you for the clarification.

So there ya go, used car showroom #2.

The two body styles available are the RZ '97 and the SZ-R '97. Correct me if i'm wrong, but I don't think there are any other supras in the game (aside from the older models and the JGTCs)

Drifter5
only the RZ is worth buying, RZ-280hp vs SZ-220hp...

and i believe its 330 HP after an oil change. I had one but sold it. they cant be as rare as say, a 240RS

i wouldnt say the rz and szr are two body styles. more like trim levels. not including jgtc cars there are only 3 supras in the game: mkiii (88 7mgte), mkiii(91? 1jzgte), mkiv (97 2jzgte/2jzge)

so really there are only 2 actual different body styles. mkiii and mkiv

Truck Engined Supra... :lol: I personally don't like Supras as drift cars. Too much torque plus the weight. But anyway, RZ models are found in Late 90's dealership.

Torque would be to your advantge...plus I've never heard of any truck using a Supra motor, unless you want to count Celica-Supra's 22R(E).

Just bought the RZ, hmm now I need some RZ settings, this will also be my 1st time drifting =)..... could someone give me RZ drift settings? thanks.

btw. the day I bought it was APR 17.

194GVan
and i believe its 330 HP after an oil change. I had one but sold it. they cant be as rare as say, a 240RS

your right, just got an old change and 330hp

Source
I saw one in there like 13th day. You have to wait until the cycle resets.

its shows up way more than once in a cycle

I'm on day 530-ish, and have bought two, and passed up far more than that. (I have a tendency to collect the 'rarer' cars and never drive them. I cant quite explain it, I just get excited that they're there and... ...it just happens)

oh, and S2000Lover, I bought the blue RZ on Oct 1 of year two. I believe it comes up earlier in the cycle than that however. I'm sure I've seen it before and passed on it due to a lack of credits at that time.

Droptop_Chick there are people puttin the 7m, 1jz and 2jz engines in trucks. (supracharged.com)

I wish they would have put the SC400 and GS400 in GT4 just my .2 cent

I just bought a 97' Toyota Supra in Red, with something like 40,000KM's on it for a reasonably $36,000. I added Stage 4, and I'm at around 700HP, but I think it need's softer tires, I've got zero grip.

.star.
i wouldnt say the rz and szr are two body styles. more like trim levels. not including jgtc cars there are only 3 supras in the game: mkiii (88 7mgte), mkiii(91? 1jzgte), mkiv (97 2jzgte/2jzge)

so really there are only 2 actual different body styles. mkiii and mkiv
The '81 Celica XX is a MkII Supra, that makes 3 body styles.

Droptop_Chick
Torque would be to your advantge...plus I've never heard of any truck using a Supra motor, unless you want to count Celica-Supra's 22R(E).
The MkII Celica Supra most often came with a 5M-GE. In Japan, Australia, and New Zealand they sometimes came with 1G-GEs or 5M-Es. All are Inline 6s and none are truck motors.
The MkIII Celica used the 22R-E.

CarTec Drift
I wish they would have put the SC400 and GS400 in GT4 just my .2 cent

ummm incase anyone doesnt know, sc400 and the gs400 came in v-8 engine and the SC300 and GS300 are supra engine(2jz) but non turboed

TankSpanker
(I have a tendency to collect the 'rarer' cars and never drive them. I cant quite explain it, I just get excited that they're there and... ...it just happens)
I had that problem too, I ended up selling 2/3 of my cars because I never used them, and I figured if i was in the mood to set up a new car, I could just buy one when it is available, instead of spending all my money on cars I dont even drive.

Ok, back on topic...

I know there is an issue with drifting the RZ supra, some say its just plain overpowered and will spin the tires in most gears. Maybe the SZ-R is better suited for drifting, even if it is a little underpowered in stock form? What do you guys think?

Back