Is it worth it?

• Hell yeah

Votes: 165 81.7%
  • No way

Votes: 19 9.4%
  • No comment

Votes: 19 9.4%

• Total voters
Alright, a lot of people think that this car is worth it, and a lot don't. So I've made this thread as a survey, so to speak, to see if most people think it is worth it or not.

I reckon, it is worth the money. 900+hp, 4WD (so it's not a high-speed, spin-addict like the Speed 12) and you can enter quite a few races with it (not just Pikes Peak like most people seem to think)

Okay, the Escudo is either God's own creation, or it's the most evil cheat-machine ever created for a video game. It's a dirty word, or it's heaven on earth. No matter what, when the word "Escudo" gets mentioned, someone has an opinion.

No, it's not the best handling car. But it's still easy to steer, except for sharp turns at about 200mph, which tends to get a little out of control.

Power. Hah! Of course it's powerful. Nobody can touch you, short of a hybrid. No car in the game will beat it's acceleration, but some cars are better in top speed by a hair or two. In any case, 270mph is too fast.

Credits. Yes, it's expensive. but it really should be more like 10million credits, or your first-born child, or even a prize for completing the game.

I'm sure everyone here has raced the Escudo in the GT500 series (and nearly fell asleep by the time the Rome round began). thus, it's so boring to race. It's fun to duel your friends in it, but it's absolutely no challenge to race no matter what. Even beating the AI's Escudo at Pikes Peak was rather easy.

Setting lap records with the Escudo makes GT2 life a little unreasonable. Who wants to challenge an Escudo lap record with a Supra GT? It's just not possible.

Thus, it's nice to have, but the fun wears off after 2 races.

For 2 million credits, I'd suggest trying to get the best out of the Venturi Atlantique LM600 or the Renault Espace F1 before trying the Escudo. you won't learn anything new with the Suzuki Coat-of-Arms.

as a race car...no its crap. it will win races but is isnt a race car.

as a speed machine...yes its good. anything with 900hp and a top speed over 400kmh is good.

overall...**** THAT FOR A JOKE!

i hate it.

Originally posted by pupik
Okay, the Escudo is either God's own creation, or it's the most evil cheat-machine ever created for a video game. It's a dirty word, or it's heaven on earth. No matter what, when the word "Escudo" gets mentioned, someone has an opinion.

No, it's not the best handling car. But it's still easy to steer, except for sharp turns at about 200mph, which tends to get a little out of control.

Power. Hah! Of course it's powerful. Nobody can touch you, short of a hybrid. No car in the game will beat it's acceleration, but some cars are better in top speed by a hair or two. In any case, 270mph is too fast.

Credits. Yes, it's expensive. but it really should be more like 10million credits, or your first-born child, or even a prize for completing the game.

I'm sure everyone here has raced the Escudo in the GT500 series (and nearly fell asleep by the time the Rome round began). thus, it's so boring to race. It's fun to duel your friends in it, but it's absolutely no challenge to race no matter what. Even beating the AI's Escudo at Pikes Peak was rather easy.

Setting lap records with the Escudo makes GT2 life a little unreasonable. Who wants to challenge an Escudo lap record with a Supra GT? It's just not possible.

For 2 million credits, I'd suggest trying to get the best out of the Venturi Atlantique LM600 or the Renault Espace F1 before trying the Escudo. you won't learn anything new with the Suzuki Coat-of-Arms.

Well said :)

If you want to win: sure go ahead.

If you want a challenge: forget it!

I mean what are you proving killing a bug with a nuke?!
Its no fun to lap some of the fastest cars in exsitence over and over again.

personaly i like taking a stock car and seeing how much HP i can get out of and building my own race car and not using thiers.

It's a novelty car. What next? Rocket powered cars?

I drove it one night and never made it past a 2 lap test run on Laguna. I beat my best time... but who cares? It was the Escudo so it doesn't count.

Originally posted by sliderulz
Easy to fatten the bank balance by entering it in Gran Turismo All Stars and winning the speed 12.

you can easily smoke that race with a Skyline, Supra, or many other cars

i can personally say that the only onroad use of the escudo that i have ever dun was been a couple of 1/4mile times, that is all... i use the escudo for what it was designed to do, and according to me, it does the job very nicely.

Originally posted by chronix13

you can easily smoke that race with a Skyline, Supra, or many other cars

Or the Europa for that matter.

The Escudo is an interesting curiousity. Like most others, I bought it, played with it a bit, and that was the end of it. The most fun I had with it was doing the wheelie tricks, but that was 2 years ago now.

as soon as I had enuf $$, i bought the escudo, and won every rally race, within an hour. Challenge? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA!!! *wheez*

With a bit a tweaking I've managed to drive it around the Red Rock Valley race on a regular basis and still have fun. Yes, it's easy, but it wins the money spent on it back in half an hour

Oddly I found the biggest challenge is making it go through a Pike's Peak harpin without hitting a wall

It's hands-down the fastest car in the game, but IMO you'll need it for only two races (the Pikes Peak showdowns against Cultus and Escudo). For normal races, any JGTC GT-R is already an overkill

This rant is funny. Pupik way back in the early days of this site saying it like it is! I voted "No Way" is it worth it. Like someone else was saying, you really only need it for 2 of GT2's races (both Pike's Peak events) anything else is blatant cheating. Therefore, I spent all these credits just to finish up a couple races.

I always liked the Cultus more. It is quite a bit slower, but it has a much more usable powerband, it handles better and in certain races the AI can actually put up quite a decent fight against it.

The Escudo is a must have just because it's the benchmark car but if you want a challenging GT500 championship or interesting GT all stars races you should use a.... ?

I always used to use the Escudo and GT-one road car when I was younger and never get bored... now I need a challenge but don't what cars to use.

Escudo is amazing and funny for 5yo. child. Pro driver don't need an Escudo or GT-One to win all career races.

Sorry for the grammar nazi-ism.

For the Escudo, I won all the rally events in about an hour and said screw it. It wasn't fun, it honestly is an imitation of a great car. It tries to allure you with its 900+ hp but then you become spoiled rotten and you get in the Prius and arrghhh!....sorry.

Sorry for the grammar nazi-ism.

For the Escudo, I won all the rally events in about an hour and said screw it. It wasn't fun, it honestly is an imitation of a great car. It tries to allure you with its 900+ hp but then you become spoiled rotten and you get in the Prius and arrghhh!....sorry.

Why drive the Prius anyway? I still haven't driven it after ten years and don't intend to either!

Back