GT Sport SVG request thread (Please read 1st post)

• Thread starter daan
  • 10,544 comments
I was wondering if I could get some help with converting a couple of images to decal form. The images in question are these HKS Super Fire Racing texts. I do have a full HKS Super Fire decal in game, but I only need the "Super Fire" and "Racing" parts of the text for a livery I'm making, and they don't seem to exist as decals on their own.

I've cropped and removed the backgrounds from each image the best I can, but lack the skills to go further, so any help is appreciated.

HKS - Racing.png

HKS - Super Fire.png

Also as a side note, I was wondering if it would be possible create an SVG of this HKS spark plug too. Bit of a cheeky request, as I respect that it's probably not an easy one to make, so it's not a necessity for me and it's no problem if its a no-go, just a little extra if possible :cheers:.

HKS spark plug2 TP.png

As ever thanks in advance to the decal wizards here :bowdown:.

I was wondering if I could get some help with converting a couple of images to decal form. The images in question are these HKS Super Fire Racing texts. I do have a full HKS Super Fire decal in game, but I only need the "Super Fire" and "Racing" parts of the text for a livery I'm making, and they don't seem to exist as decals on their own.

I've cropped and removed the backgrounds from each image the best I can, but lack the skills to go further, so any help is appreciated.

Also as a side note, I was wondering if it would be possible create an SVG of this HKS spark plug too. Bit of a cheeky request, as I respect that it's probably not an easy one to make, so it's not a necessity for me and it's no problem if its a no-go, just a little extra if possible :cheers:.

As ever thanks in advance to the decal wizards here :bowdown:.

Don't really need to crop out text, it actually lowers the sharpness of the edges.
Here are the text ones. Might get around to the plug at some stage.

Attachments

• hks racing.svg
    1 KB · Views: 14
  • hks SUPER FIRE.svg
    2.4 KB · Views: 14
Don't really need to crop out text, it actually lowers the sharpness of the edges.
Here are the text ones. Might get around to the plug at some stage.

Ah didn't know that my bad. Either way those two will do perfectly, and the spark plug is a bonus more than anything, so many thanks for that 👍.

Here is the bonus HKS plug.

That's superb, thanks very much indeed! I wasn't sure whether that spark plug would be a difficult one to make into an SVG or not (shows what I know!), so I'm very grateful :cheers:.

Also, I might end up sharing the livery I'm using these for, and would wish to share these neat decals if so, full credit to the creator of course.

Don't you just love it with teams alter car sponsors with not easy to find companies...
Would it be possible to separate all 3 as they should be inline on the car...

Thanks

FB_IMG_1596815609124.jpg

Having some weird issues with this SVG. It refuses to change color, well, after the upload.

You can change its colors on Inkscape, pass it through the OMGSVG thingy and it'll show correctly on the preview, before uploading. But it changes back to the original color as soon as it gets uploaded.

Attachments

• cointreau-corp-vector-logo.svg
    4.4 KB · Views: 11
Having some weird issues with this SVG. It refuses to change color, well, after the upload.

You can change its colors on Inkscape, pass it through the OMGSVG thingy and it'll show correctly on the preview, before uploading. But it changes back to the original color as soon as it gets uploaded.

how is it supposed to look?
When I open it in Affinity or when I upload it on GTS, it looks the same.
B85EC88A-E626-45F1-9910-DF00B0803A32.jpeg

Did you try to change colors? Here, if you change the letters to, let's say, a lighter orange (or even white), it goes back to the original color on the game.
Ok I didn't get it the first time.
So I've tried and it works but I don't use Inkscape so I don't know if it's related or not.

EDIT : That won't help with solving your Inkscape problem but if necessary, I can change the colors for you.

Ok I didn't get it the first time.
So I've tried and it works but I don't use Inkscape so I don't know if it's related or not.

EDIT : That won't help with solving your Inkscape problem but if necessary, I can change the colors for you.

That would solve it! But I'll remain intrigued by this LOL.

I need it with a lighter orange: 238 - 117 - 31 (RGB) and in white. The blue shadow is fine as it is.

Yep, specially when you are as clueless as I am about this :lol:.

Thanks a bunch for the SVGs, both uploaded without issues!
Seems like problems are at code level. Some colors maybe "borrowed" from unseen and unlisted object or group? Here are some work a rounds without learning code level.
Press "n" so that you are in node edit mode.
Hold shift key down and click on each orange letter so they are all highlighted.
Change color and may as well combine paths while you are at it. ( combining your original without color change they went undefined (black))
Another method highlight all problematic items. [edit] [cut] then [edit] [paste in place]. Forces a redraw with fresh color definitions. NB: this can also work sometimes with gradients that have changed shape or moved after adding gradient.

Not always necessary but with anything without a stroke it is best to have stroke set to no paint rather than undefined. When SVGOMG tweaks your file it can sometimes lead to unwanted stroke appearing in GTSPORT.

Seems like problems are at code level. Some colors maybe "borrowed" from unseen and unlisted object or group? Here are some work a rounds without learning code level.
Press "n" so that you are in node edit mode.
Hold shift key down and click on each orange letter so they are all highlighted.
Change color and may as well combine paths while you are at it. ( combining your original without color change they went undefined (black))
Another method highlight all problematic items. [edit] [cut] then [edit] [paste in place]. Forces a redraw with fresh color definitions. NB: this can also work sometimes with gradients that have changed shape or moved after adding gradient.

Not always necessary but with anything without a stroke it is best to have stroke set to no paint rather than undefined. When SVGOMG tweaks your file it can sometimes lead to unwanted stroke appearing in GTSPORT.

Yeah, went back to it and managed to fix it with what you said. There was a weird group structure on the original file. Ungrouping it all before editing did the trick.

That trick of pasting in place is pure gold! Again, thanks!

Sorry lads...had a go myself...didn't turn out well...

Any chance I can get these all separated thanks.
Luckily identified the font ( FairBanks ) using This site. The original picture, although large, has poor edge quality. Not sure if the white inside 23 is supposed to be visible or not. Did it both ways.

Attachments

• 23.svg
    8.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 23allclear.svg
    10.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 23collection.svg
    4.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 23the.svg
    1.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 2323.svg
    3.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 2323clear.svg
    5.3 KB · Views: 12
Hello everyone :)

Can someone help me convert this decal for my 2013 TRG Aston Martin replica please ?

Applied logo_PNG(1) (1) (1).png

Thank you very much :)

Luckily identified the font ( FairBanks ) using This site. The original picture, although large, has poor edge quality. Not sure if the white inside 23 is supposed to be visible or not. Did it both ways.
I tried with whatthefont and had no results (maybe because it's a free font?) and whatfontis is a nightmare to use with iPad (can't separate letters)

I tried with whatthefont and had no results (maybe because it's a free font?) and whatfontis is a nightmare to use with iPad (can't separate letters)
Yeah, it definitely needed the manual mouse strokes to split the letters. Surprised it worked actually. I hate trying to manually trace blurry lettering, it gives me eye aches. I also sometimes use Fontsquirrel. They all seem to have different success rates.

a kind request to provide decals for the below. Hope it is possible and thanks so much in advance.
I do not know if it possible but prefer the last three with no background?

upload_2020-8-10_17-6-25.png

upload_2020-8-10_17-7-8.png

upload_2020-8-10_17-9-37.png

upload_2020-8-10_17-10-46.png

Attachments

• chocomel 2.svg
    11.6 KB · Views: 11
  • chocomel2.svg
    11.3 KB · Views: 11
  • chocomel3.svg
    5.6 KB · Views: 10
Back