Switch, mongo, fakie and nollie.

• Thread starter zoxxy
  • 255 comments

zoxxy

(Banned)
This is teh new skateboarding thread!

Post everything skateboard related here, including music, decks, and setups etc.

Enjoy!

Alrighty Mr Adam sir, I have a World Industries set up but I changed the bearings on the weekend to have China Bones bearings.

I'm not much of a skater really, I can't do much at all. I can ollie and do bits and pieces at the parks but nothing worth noting. I credit this mainly to the lead ass I seem to have that keeps me well and truly on the gound and when I do jump, its not very high so the board has no time to spin.

Well, about my skateboarding career...

I've been skateboarding for around 7-8 years now.
In that time I have entered 3 competitions, won 2.
I like to skate basically anything covered in tarmac or concrete, or even wood and metal.
Favorite tricks: Frontside 180 earlygrab mute to tail stall, Air Walk and most of all Melon grabs!

My set up
Deck: Element
Trucks: Tensor
Wheels: Powell Mini Logo
Bearings: World Industries

WOO HOO, I love skating! I have an element deck, GK flame trucks, black bones bearings, and ricta wheels. Some day i'll upload a vid of me doing a heelflip down a little four stair gap. :drool:

Goofy is having your right to the front as you go forward, pushing with your front foot is mongo, thats what I do... Unfortunatly.

Yep, Im a goofy mongo skater.

Word of advice, never call Mike V that, he may or may not trash your car like on Tony Hawk 4 or Underground.

BMW318_DRIFTER

Word of advice, never call Mike V that, he may or may not trash your car like on Tony Hawk 4 or Underground.
Haha, that owned!

Btw, I'm a regular,"mongo-when-switch"-skater.
My setup:
Zero "Thomas Peace" 7.625 deck.
product_1107458023_products_image_medium-thomas-big.jpg

Loose Ventures.
Warp bearings... *cough*CRAP*cough*, and some wheels of unknown bran,d altough they're pretty good. 👍

BMW318_DRIFTER

Lmao! that was hilarious. I saw Mike Vallely in real life, so beat that. :sly:

My setup is a Baker deck 7.75", grind king trucks, pink bullet wheels and about 4 different types of bearings.

I don't skate much anymore and my board is about dead so I need a new one, but once I get some money again I'll get one and start seeing if I can still do tricks.

and skating regular is too cool, better than mongo that's for sure.

Mr. McShake
but once I get some money again I'll get one and start seeing if I can still do tricks.
Meh, decks in USA are cheap as hell compared to here in Sweden. It's like $42 for a top-notch Element deck. If you convert it into USD, my deck cost about $100. :indiff: It's unfair...

You met Mike V? I met Bucky Lasek, Brain Patch and Chad Bartie on the BillaBong tour and a few guys from an Element tour.

ive been skating for a couple of years on and off can kickflip and ollie and the other basic tricks, been to playstation skatepark in london quite a few times if you guys in the U.S. have heard of it? ive got an element deck with royal trucks and some blind wheels, i got some abec 7 things i think there pirahna's not that it much 2 much difference and some silly riser thingy's lol.

A7X
ive been skating for a couple of years on and off can kickflip and ollie and the other basic tricks, been to playstation skatepark in london quite a few times if you guys in the U.S. have heard of it? ive got an element deck with royal trucks and some blind wheels, i got some abec 7 things i think there pirahna's not that it much 2 much difference and some silly riser thingy's lol.
Woah, abec 7. That's core :D I got myself a cop of abec 5's but they roll like crap... 👎

Btw, anyone have any tips on what wheels to buy?

Mr. McShake
I'm a fan of Ricta Wheels myself, but they're expensive. Once you get new wheels you should freeze them though, I hear it makes them last longer.
uh, like you put it in your freezer, until you mount them? :odd:

Anyone here familiar with Libtech decks? They have a few layers of fiberglass in them and last for a long time usually. My friend was on a six foot vert, went off the side and saved himself but landed dead center of the board with both feet. The board held up.

Some of their thinner boards have massive pop too and make for good street decks. Just curious if it's a local brand or something.

My stuff:
Deck: Libtech
Trucks: Phantom 2 w/risers
Wheels: Spitfire
Bearins: rusty Speed Demons

RedWolfRacer
Anyone here familiar with Libtech decks? They have a few layers of fiberglass in them and last for a long time usually. My friend was on a six foot vert, went off the side and saved himself but landed dead center of the board with both feet. The board held up.

Some of their thinner boards have massive pop too and make for good street decks. Just curious if it's a local brand or something.
Never heard of 'em but they look cool at the site. 👍

Btw, I'm planning on buying some 55mm Reverse-wheels. Anyone ever heard of them, and if so are they any good?

Do any of you guys actually skate on halfpipes and crap?

Back