• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JohnBM01

20 years!
Premium
United States
Houston, Texas, USA
JMarine25
GTPlanet, this thread is a continuation of something I said in the thread about Dale Earnhardt Jr at Sonoma. While I stated my points, excessive talk about this has made me sick and forced me to come up with this thread. Imagine that you are an up and coming racer in some series, and you had an off weekend. You can practice in the series you're in, or you can get a deal to race in another series. But what ticks me off about the Dale Jr. incident is that he had an unfortunate accident. You can't tell me that when Adam Petty died at Loudon more than 3 years ago, that THAT was an unfortunate incident. I think someone in NASCAR Busch died in a night race back in 2001 or 2002, and that's an unfortunate incident. And what about that accident at the Lausitzring when Alessandro Zanardi (or Alex Zanardi) lost both of his legs in an accident? So what makes this one any different? Because Dale Jr. is highly loved by NASCAR fans and he "took a chance" and went into the ALMS. But after that crash, I'd like to apologize for Pratt & Miller and their lovely Corvette operation for this. Why so? This could have been Ron Fellows, Oliver Gavin, it could have been ANYBODY's Corvette. But as usual, the NASCAR guy gets the most talk.

So GTPlanet, with this poll, choose between (1) strongly agree, (2) agree, (3) neutral/undecided, (4) disagree, or (5) strongly disagree about this statement:

"Regardless of one's full-time race series, race car drivers should REMAIN in their series and not visit other racing series."

Make your poll vote about this topic. Polls close by the end of this month. Explanations are optional.

i think most series wouldnt mind if their drivers switch from series to series.......with the exception of champcars/IRL. as im sure most of you know, the relationship between the two series and their fans isnt good. I, myself, proclaim allegience to one of these series, see if you can guess which one?

i dont mind drivers from switching from one series to another. driving is their career, they need to make a living out of it. and if that means switching series then so be it.
but what really annoys me is when a driver publically proclaims allegience to one series then a few days later decides to jump ship to their arch rival series. did you read that ADRIAN FERNANDEZ?

Back