TCS in Manufacturer Championship... WHY???

• Thread starter Lessthan13
  • 8 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lessthan13

(Banned)
United States
United States
So I just raced in my first Manufacturer Championship race and the traction control is set to 3 by default.... WHY IN GODS NAME...?? If your software isn't even close to working correctly for traction control why would you force people to use it? It completely destroys the racing.. try breaking into a hairpin turn that demands you go into first gear with tire wear on 15x.. the traction control system will sense the rear tires breaking loose under heavy braking and will initiate traction control which works like an e-brake and prohibits you from getting back into the accelerator "which would correct this".. so you're basically obligated to just deal with it until your car fixes itself and then it allows you to get back into the accelerator.. in my race every manufacturer finished right next to each other in finishing order.. this should be a tall tale sign of an absolute garbage software for traction control.. if I wanted to enlist into a rookie series I would have. Why in the hell is Gran Turismo forcing players that are competing to use a non-functioning traction control? Thanks for the automatic e-brake mid-turn Gran Turismo I really appreciate it.. not to mention the handling of the cars in warm-up and qualifying isn't even in the same ballpark and I am on fiber optic internet so don't try and tell me it's my connection. This Gran Turismo is by far the worst Gran Turismo ever made. I am not even going to go into the limited options menu, cars, tracks, settings, tuning, and navigation.. this game is absolutely horrendous standing next to any Gran Turismo ever made before and I am a lifelong dedicated Gran Turismo lover. Get your **** together.

First of all, great first post. (not)

Second, this is the wrong section.

And third, TCS is not forced on in the FIA races. I'm pretty sure it is allowed, but you can go into the car settings and turn it off.

This Gran Turismo is by far the worst Gran Turismo ever made. I am not even going to go into the limited options menu, cars, tracks, settings, tuning, and navigation.. this game is absolutely horrendous standing next to any Gran Turismo ever made before and I am a lifelong dedicated Gran Turismo lover.
It's not a normal GT game. It is a standalone release that is geared towards competitive sim racing. If it's not for you, take it out of the system and wait for GT7.

First of all, great first post. (not)

Second, this is the wrong section.

And third, TCS is not forced on in the FIA races. I'm pretty sure it is allowed, but you can go into the car settings and turn it off.

It's not a normal GT game. It is a standalone release that is geared towards competitive sim racing. If it's not for you, take it out of the system and wait for GT7.

How would I know I would find someone who has no idea what they are talking about on a forum.. shocker.. no you cannot change or turn off traction control in the manufacturer series that would be why it is grayed out and doesn't allow you to change it whether it is warm up qualifying or the race itself. Try competing in one and gathering some experience yourself rather than blabbing useless comments because you are butt hurt my post is in the wrong section. I didn't make the post to get a response from idiots on forums I made the post so that hopefully some developer would come across it. Thank you for dedicating your useless time. Next time compete in a race, in a series, I'm speaking of before offering your wisdom. Thank you wrong place police. Nobody cares.

Try competing in one and gathering some experience yourself rather than blabbing useless comments because you are butt hurt my post is in the wrong section.
I've done many FIA races. I stopped because I don't have the time for them anymore. I have never had TCS forced on for me.

I didn't make the post to get a response from idiots on forums
Well it has been reported so we'll see what the mods think. But with an attitude like that you won't stick around long so I would suggest chilling out a bit.

Nobody cares.
Likewise.

The TCS is set to 3 by default on every single car in the game, and when you sign with a manufacturer you receive two new cars to race with even if you have those cars already. So they count as new cars same as if you had bought them, which is why TCS is on 3 for them.

It's absolutely not locked and can be changed in three places:

In the car on track by flipping the MFD over to that screen and adjusting it up or down.

In the "driving options" quick settings on the lobby waiting screen where you can also change tyres (change the front tyres first).

In the car setup/tuning screen also available in the lobby and from the home/garage menu in the main menu.

Handling is different between sessions due to tyre wear and fuel use. In sessions with fuel use turned off (like qualifying) it removes the fuel weight entirely from the car which is a major impact on handling.

So I just raced in my first Manufacturer Championship race and the traction control is set to 3 by default.... WHY IN GODS NAME...?? If your software isn't even close to working correctly for traction control why would you force people to use it? It completely destroys the racing.. try breaking into a hairpin turn that demands you go into first gear with tire wear on 15x.. the traction control system will sense the rear tires breaking loose under heavy braking and will initiate traction control which works like an e-brake and prohibits you from getting back into the accelerator "which would correct this".. so you're basically obligated to just deal with it until your car fixes itself and then it allows you to get back into the accelerator.. in my race every manufacturer finished right next to each other in finishing order.. this should be a tall tale sign of an absolute garbage software for traction control.. if I wanted to enlist into a rookie series I would have. Why in the hell is Gran Turismo forcing players that are competing to use a non-functioning traction control? Thanks for the automatic e-brake mid-turn Gran Turismo I really appreciate it.. not to mention the handling of the cars in warm-up and qualifying isn't even in the same ballpark and I am on fiber optic internet so don't try and tell me it's my connection. This Gran Turismo is by far the worst Gran Turismo ever made. I am not even going to go into the limited options menu, cars, tracks, settings, tuning, and navigation.. this game is absolutely horrendous standing next to any Gran Turismo ever made before and I am a lifelong dedicated Gran Turismo lover. Get your **** together.

And don't comment because you are butthurt about where I am posting or what I am posting. I don't care for a response from anyone that spends time on a forum. Especially if you are completely wrong I don't give a damn if you are ranking is number one GT racer in the world... if you tried to tell me that traction control can be turned off in an online manufacturer series race you are completely wrong so don't even comment. I didn't make this post for you to comment on anyways or anyone else go ahead and express how butt hurt you are about what it is I'm saying and how I'm wrong I don't care because you cannot turn off the trash and control during a manufacture series online race been doing this a few years now I know how to work the game and the settings for traction control are blacked out in the online manufacturer series race as if I had to say this again online manufacturer series race online manufacturer series race online manufacturer series race. does anybody not understand it's an online manufactured series race and that you cannot turn off the traction control no matter how many times you tell me you can... friggin child idiots..

Is this forum full of the same people that can't race in the game? Yes.. indeed lol.. I didn't come here for a community of idiots I came here to reach a software developer that may hopefully see this post I could care less what you think about it. Just don't follow up with false information that you can turn it off because you cannot turn off the traction control during a manufacturer online race manufacturer online raised manufacturer online race manufacturer online raaaace... YEEZUS.

If you have a dildo in your ass go ahead and respond to this post thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back