Team Shmo Drifting - Mazda MX-5 Miata V-Special Type II (NA, J) ’93

• Thread starter shmogt
  • 117 comments
shmogt
tOoEitM.jpg

Some of you may have seen me around from GT5 and now I'm back at it again with GT6! For those of you who are new this is where my drift tunes are held and I have another garage where all my race tunes are.

For any questions regarding how I personally drive or set tunes up please read the TEAM SHMO FAQ

Please comment! I really like reading it and give feedback good or bad. Thanks. Also incase anyone is wondering all the tunes posted here are TOTALLY NEW and made specifically for GT6. You can try older GT5 tunes however I can not confirm they will work for sure.

Website!
www.teamshmo.com For a more detailed look at my garage with sections for race, drift, drag, rally, and track please visit. A lot easier to find tunes as well as better search features.

T-Shirts and other items!

Team Shmo Apparel. Got lots of different car/racing game shirts and other items you can buy. Not just Team Shmo items

Follow me on
Facebook: Keep up to date with the latest tunes the second I release them as well as many free giveaway contest
Tumblr: Shows my favorite GT5 photos from around the web
Twitter: Basically same as facebook which ever you prefer lol
Youtube: Videos of me and others driving or drifting my cars around

Android App!
If you have a Android phone or tablet you got to check out this new GT6 Tunes and Tips (GT6 Home) (free version, but also a better paid one too). Lot's of useful tips, tricks, and tunes as well as being able to store tunes and much more!

Requesting rules:
None at this time

1. You must review a car doesn't matter how detailed.
2. You can ask for anything you want, but I'm only going to do it if someone else doesn't already have a spectacular tune out already.
3. Only exceptions to rule 2 is if you want a track specific tune or a certain pp or tire choice, etc.

Dodge Charger 440 RT 70

BMW Vision Gran Turismo

Nissan 240sx 96

Honda ODYSSEY 03

Chevrolet Silverado SST

Mazda SAVANNA RX-7 INFINI III (FC) 90

Subaru IMPREZA WRX STI spec C 09

Toyota 86 GT 12

Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) 02

Chevrolet Camaro SS 69

KTM X-BOW Street '12

Volkswagen Sambabus Typ 2 (T1) '62

Chevrolet Corvette Coupe C2 63

Volvo 240 GLT Estate

HKS CT230R 08

RUF BTR

Mazda Cosmo Sport (L10B)

Renault Sport Clio V6 24V '00 (rally)

BMW Z8

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Convertible (C3) 69

Toyota SUPRA RZ '97

Subaru IMPREZA WRX STI spec C '09
(rally)

Subaru IMPREZA Rally Car '99

Pontiac Firebird Trans Am '78

BMW M3 GTR 03

Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 Evolution 2 ’86 (rally)

Nissan 200SX (S14) '96

Ford Shelby GT500 13

Lancia DELTA HF Integrale Evoluzione ’91 (rally)

Nissan GRAN TURISMO GT-R (Pacecar) ’01

Holden Monaro CV8 ’04

Toyota CELICA GT-FOUR Rally Car (ST205) ’95

Suzuki V6 ESCUDO Pikes Peak Special '98 (rally)

Buick Special

Toyota Tacoma X-Runner ’04

Dodge SRT Viper SRT10 Coupe ’06

Autobacs ARTA Garaiya ’08

TVR Tuscan Speed 6 ’00

Ferrari F40 ' 92

Dodge Ram (rally)

Pozzi Motorsports Camaro RS

BMW M4 Coupé

Audi RS 6 Avant '08

Viper GTS ’13

Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG ’08

Lexus SC 300 '97

Aston Martin DB9 Coupe '06

Subaru IMPREZA Sedan WRX STi (Type-Il) '02

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV GSR '96

Jaguar XKR-S '11

Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C6) '06

Nissan SKYLINE GTS-t Type M (R32) ’91

Subaru IMPREZA Coupe 22B-STÌ Version ’98 (rally)

Nissan Fairlady Z 280Z-L 2seater (S130) ’78

Chevrolet Corvette StingRay Racer Concept ’59

NISMO 270R ’94

Nissan OPTION Stream Z '04

BMW M5 '08

Amuse Carbon R (R34) '04

Chevrolet SSR ’03

Amuse NISMO 380RS Super Leggera

Lexus IS F '07

Infiniti G35 Coupe '06

Ford Mustang Mach 1 ’71

Jaguar S-TYPE R ’02

Pagani Zonda C12S 7.3

Nissan SKYLINE GT-R (R33) ’97

Mazda MX-5 Miata V-Special Type II (NA, J) ’93

Last edited:

BMW M3 '04

Woooo GT6 is here and we are starting it off big. I was an idiot and bought this BMW for some races assuming I would just smoke all of them and make tons of cash quick. I added all the parts and blew over 200k on it just to realize I could only use it for the FR races and nothing else at the time... However for you guys all that means is my only option was to convert it into a crazy drifter for all skill levels. I made one for GT5 and it was really good and trust me this one doesn't disappoint either. GT6 drifting is pretty different from GT5's in terms of how they count points and the overall feel, but it's not so different where you will have to relearn anything.

Nissan SILVIA K's (S13) '91

Since Gran Turismo 6 has not been out long it is the perfect time for a cheap drift tune. This S13 is a classic drifter that many people in real life use because it is cheap and drifts great. I left mine stock white paint and crazy orange wheels (even tho it's hard to tell from the picture) and it looks awesome. I am not the biggest fan of drifting in GT6 when compared to GT5 however I am working hard to try and get the tunes to give you the same driving experience as before. This tune drifts great for medium power and is good for all skill types.

One of the keys I have found is be very light on the gas. Before you could hammer it, but now everything is more sensitive. Most of the time you are feather it around the turns.

Last edited:
Nice to see your drift tunes in GT6 too! :)👍
I am going to try the S13 tune today (if I have some time).
I would love to see a drift tune for the Yellowbird or BTR.

Nice to see your drift tunes in GT6 too! :)👍
I am going to try the S13 tune today (if I have some time).
I would love to see a drift tune for the Yellowbird or BTR.
Thanks. I think someone asked for a BTR already so will probably do one of the RUF's sooner than later

Land Rover Range Rover Evoque Coupe Dynamic '13

What a perfect car for rally. It looks great, has just enough power, and isn't super heavy. If you are new or an expert at rally this Range Rover is an excellent car to have. It gripes the track very nicely and the rear slides just that perfect amount when you need it to. I am really thrilled on how it turned out. If you need any help with rally I wrote a rally guide you can check out. I strongly encourage you to read and try the car out as rally is a under looked aspect in GT6 that is extremely fun.

Just took the 07 and boss 302 mustangs around tsukaba and with all power upgrades the stock settings work wonderfully. The boss needs trans work tho, it bogs out going from 2nd to 3rd

Just took the 07 and boss 302 mustangs around tsukaba and with all power upgrades the stock settings work wonderfully. The boss needs trans work tho, it bogs out going from 2nd to 3rd
Someone asked for a Boss tune so I will do one. Money is tight right now so can't go crazy lol

sorry team shumo but i have try anything and my both..lap top and pc can not open your site :(
Google "proxy" and click on one of the first links and put my site into there. Sometimes this will happen if you live out of North America

Nissan 350Z (Z33, US) '03

Another really good drift car for any level. I actually really liked the stock drifting of this car so I didn't go crazy with it. Only small edits to just take good to great. It's not very difficult to drift and easy to control. Overall just a great car to add to your collection. There is the Europe version and US version that are priced and have the same specs so either one is fine. Only thing I hate about this car is you can only add a spoiler and rims. I have no idea why you can't add skirts or even nicer spoilers, but whatever still looks cool.

Google "proxy" and click on one of the first links and put my site into there. Sometimes this will happen if you live out of North America

i try this but a take this "
The requested resource could not be loaded. libcurl returned the error:
connect() timed out! "

Subaru IMPREZA Sedan WRX STi Version V '98

Old school Subaru's are awesome to drift. This one is more of a realistic tune as only certain parts have been upgraded. It drifts really well for the minor changes that have been made to it. Definitely good for anyone who doesn't wanna spend much on a drift car or people new to drift. Again, it does drift well so any level will also like it.

SHMO! Let me start first of all by saying I'm a fan of your drift tunes, not only because they make these cars easier to maneuver, but because it makes them fun and a joy to drift.

Now to my question, haha.
I was wondering if you could do a drift tune for the Honda NSX Type S or Type R.

I've tryed to tune it myself and it seems to have the tendency to straighten out around the turns rather then getting angle and just spins out. I've messed with the suspension numerous times, but I can't seem to get right.

If you have the time to make one, I would gladly appreciate it. You don't see many NSX's drifting online.

Thank you for your time and cheers!
- ErieFLOW

Nissan SKYLINE 2000GT-R (KPGC110) '73

Wow what a car this is. Looks exactly like a muscle car with Japanese flare. Old school Skyline's like this are debatably even cooler than the modern day ones. It does not have much power, but also not much weight making it a pretty good drift car. I was drifting around with this tune all day and had tons of fun. So far it is one of my favorite drift cars.

SHMO! Let me start first of all by saying I'm a fan of your drift tunes, not only because they make these cars easier to maneuver, but because it makes them fun and a joy to drift.

Now to my question, haha.
I was wondering if you could do a drift tune for the Honda NSX Type S or Type R.

I've tryed to tune it myself and it seems to have the tendency to straighten out around the turns rather then getting angle and just spins out. I've messed with the suspension numerous times, but I can't seem to get right.

If you have the time to make one, I would gladly appreciate it. You don't see many NSX's drifting online.

Thank you for your time and cheers!
- ErieFLOW

Thanks that is the whole point of me making tunes. If you can make something more fun you mine as well. Also I have a NSX drift tune coming next week.

Nissan SILVIA spec-R AERO (S15) '02

You have tried the GT6 Nissan SILVIA K's (S13) '91 drift tune and now it's time to step up to the S15. Similar car with updated looks. There is the Nissan SILVIA spec-R AERO (S15) '02 (this one) and the Nissan SILVIA spec-R AERO (S15) '99 that are basically exactly the same car so this tune should work well for either one. I went with the 2002 model just because it had one more pp point for unknown reasons.

This car reminds me of a Ferrari Enzo. Not for the power or the speed, but because it has under and over steer. Sometimes you will be drifting literally perfectly and it will randomly not turn at all and send you into the wall. Other times same situation and it will turn way too much and cause you to spin. No idea why it can be so tricky, but if you get into a situation that is looking like it won't end well let off the gas completely. This will allow you to regain control and go back to normal drifting. It drifts great, but like I said just be careful and pay attention. Takes a couple laps to understand exactly how to drive it.

I just wanted to drop a little Thankyou.

For not using 'locked' diffs with your drift tunes, as a matter of course.

I havnt tried any of your tunes, but your S15 and Ae86 look very similar to what im running, so I can only imagine they would work just as I like them.

Keep up the good work mate.

I just wanted to drop a little Thankyou.

For not using 'locked' diffs with your drift tunes, as a matter of course.

I havnt tried any of your tunes, but your S15 and Ae86 look very similar to what im running, so I can only imagine they would work just as I like them.

Keep up the good work mate.
Thank you. Don't usually get complements just based on the look of tunes without trying them, but I'll take it lol.

Acura NSX '91

Everyone has this car already in GT6 since you win it. Putting a couple dollars into it to make it into a drift beast seems like a logical thing to do. It is MR so it was pretty tricky to whip the weight around, but this tune figured it out pretty well. Not very difficult to drift, but of course still got to watch it.

HKS GENKI HYPER SILVIA RS2 '04

Had a GT5 version of this car and finally a GT6 version now! The car looks insane with it's graphics and different colored wheels. It drifts very well too, probably one of the best drift cars in GT6 that I have tried so far. It actually hates being in a straight line lol. It's pretty easy to drift, but works much better when you pulse the gas rather than slam on it the entire time. I wish this car was premium because the real car looks even more insane.

Nissan Fairlady Z (Z34) '08

Yeah, uh huh, you know what it is black and yellow, black and yellow black and yellow, black and yellow. Oh man this 370z is awesome! It's like Nissan made this car for drifting. Just enough power once fully tuned to be a serious drift car, but still low enough to where it's not too out of control. A lot of customize options for it too which is always welcome. As you can see I went with a yellow and black carbon fibre look that looks pretty sweet.

First Ferrari tune I make and it's a drift tune lol. Seems almost unethical, but screw it. Time to step up to high end drift cars. This is the Scuderia too which is meant to be as close to a full out race car as possible. It makes an excellent drift car too ironically. Currently this is my highest scoring drift car and definitely in my top 3 favorite drift cars made so far. Best part about this car is you win it in one of the events so the cost is only parts to try it out.

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X GSR Premium Package

When this car first came out I wasn't really liking it's looks. The back just seemed so flat to me and the car in general was just very large compared to previous versions. However once customized it can look pretty sweet. I am using a special GTgunmetal-007 (pretty sure that is the name) that I won on a seasonal event. It's kind of a very dark green with a yellow hue and just looks great with the bold design of this car. Carbon hood and custom spoiler put the looks over the top. The car for drifting is not too bad. It is 4WD so a little different than what you are used to with FR cars. With a little practise it's a pretty good drift car and makes drifting trickier tracks a bit easier due to the added power on the front tires.

P.S. you can see a couple more cool pics of the car on the Team Shmo Tumblr

GT6 Photography Top 10 Tips

Gran Turismo 6 as well as previous version of the Gran Turismo games have had a photo mode. This mode allows you to get a car and take a picture of it. It doesn't sound useful towards the game, but the mode goes into so much detail about photography that it becomes really fun. All the pictures on this site (except main Team Shmo banner) are from in game photo mode. As I am sure you have noticed the pictures look amazing and a tiny bit of computer editing really puts them over the top. There is no reason why you can't take beautiful pictures too.

Here is my Top 10 Tips for getting the best shots that will impress even the most skilled photographers. Very easy to do and will instantly improve your photos. Before we start there is an actual photo mode in the main menu way over on the right hand side or after you do a race, watch the replay, press start and press the green camera button.

Back