Team Shmo Drifting - Mazda MX-5 Miata V-Special Type II (NA, J) ’93

• Thread starter shmogt
  • 117 comments

Renault Sport Clio V6 24V (rally)

Finally have another rally tune. Rally in GT6 is extremely fun yet very few people actually try it. If you know how to drift you already know how to rally. Rally is a combination of drifting and racing into one. If you can drift well you should have no problem being able to rally well too. Drifting is basically the car wants to go straight and you are trying to get it sideways while rally is the car is trying to go sideways and you are trying to make it go straight. All about feathering the gas pedal and hitting the brakes at the right time etc. Usually 4WD is the way to go, but FR or even FF can be used. This car is an MR car which makes things a bit harder, but after a couple laps you should start to get the hang of it real quick. What will probably through you off the most is you won't already know the track since you never rally. This car is for dirt, but can be used for snow tracks too.

BMW Z8

I am going on record saying BMW makes the BEST cars for drift. Every single BMW I have ever tried drifts super amazing. Literally the M3, M4, M5, or whatever else is unstoppable. This drift tune is a normal BMW Z8 drift tune, but the amount of control you have over it allows you to do anything you want. As you saw from the video I did spins pretty much everywhere whenever I felt like it and never crashed into the wall or skidded off the track once. Truly amazing precision. This tune is almost stock settings for a lot of it as well. It doesn't even have any changes to the customize transmission. It's very stiff which usually makes car a bit too crazy for me, but this one just works. I tried making it softer, but it was basically the same and a little less fun. It lands huge drifts on every track and you can see smoke for miles.

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Convertible (C3) 69

Already have a hardtop Chevrolet Corvette Coupe (C2) '63 drift car so why not get a convertible 69 corvette stingray as well? Similar looks and drift style, but a convertible. It can drift a little crazy from time to time, but shouldn't be too hard to control. Just enough power to get you around any turn yet not enough to scare you too much. One thing I hate about this car and a few other older Corvette's is when you add the racing exhaust it paints it bright white. It's right on the side and just stands out so much. If you want to have a dark stealth looking car the bright exhaust ruins it. This time I decided to try and make it part of the overall design so I painted the car matte white to match the white exhaust. Looks even more customized now.

Hi, I like your tunes 👍 Thanks, I'm a little new to drifting in GT6 and your tunes make it a little easier, like your Samba Bus :) That has to be the weirdest thing to see a VW Bus drifting! :odd: I even bought one and put your tune on it, I'm laughing :lol: watching it drift around corners and thinking it shouldn't be doing this. :dunce: :odd: Happy Drifting :cheers:

Last edited:

Toyota SUPRA RZ 97

I was thinking what to get you guys for Christmas and suddenly it hit me. The gift of drift! The gift that keeps giving all year. What better car to do it with than a Toyota Supra? When it comes to drift cars the Supra is a real monster. This is my second highest points scorer and always lands huge drifts. It can get a little crazy but for a car with over 900hp it's actually pretty smooth. I like many other people love the looks of the car and once you see a replay of it drifting around a track just makes everything seem so much cooler. Merry Christmas everyone!

Subaru IMPREZA WRX STI spec C '09 (rally)

Finally a Subaru rally car! This tune was actually posted in the comments section of the Range Rover rally tune, but I just happened to check/test it out now. It's a Subaru so of course it's going to be good at rally, but this tune really makes the car shine at it. Tons of control over any type of turn with very stable suspension at high speeds. I didn't even find myself drifting very much as it always kept pretty straight. Others have tested this on the Subaru 22b if you wanted to use that car and said it works, but the transmission can't be set the same. I haven't tested it on that car so can not comment, but I would assume it would still work pretty well.

Subaru IMPREZA Rally Car '99

I needed a 550pp rally car for seasonal events and decided to go with this one. I love the old school Impreza's a lot and the rally version of them is the true blood of Subaru. It is no wonder Subaru dominated rally for so many years. This car/tune is pretty amazing at rally. Most rally cars feel like rally cars as if they are driving on ground that just isn't stable however this car feels like you are driving on a normal tar track. I drove the latest seasonal event and got gold like it was nothing. I'm sure with some practise anyone can easily be really good at rally with this car. At this lower pp level it is the perfect blend of power to weight. Should work great for all other rally seasonal events and of course lot's of fun for just general rally racing.

Pontiac Firebird Trans Am '78

Very cool looking car with lots of power. Basically a text book drift car. I have a race tune for the Firebirdalready and a drift tune was a perfect addition to add to it. Drifts great and looks awesome doing it. Don’t see too many people on GT6 online drifting in this car, but they are missing out. My favorite thing about this car is the color choices and spoiler options etc. I have mine in black with gold AKA the standard “smokey and the bandit” colors, but for drift you can get a lot crazier with the paint. The suspension may be a little stiff for you, but if it is just raise the ride height by about 10 and go down about one or two in extension and compression. Possibly lower the anti roll bars down to about 3 also. Just test it out for yourself and see. You will know if it’s too stiff when you start sliding off the track everywhere when you think you would of made it. The transmission in this car is totally different from what I would normally do, but I think it works great. Long gears which work perfect for a muscle car since they usually push all the power down at once. Posted by Rasheed Korayem.

BMW M3 GTR 03

The BMW M3 GTR is one hell of a car. I made a drift tune for the normal BMW M3, but the GTR is a whole new level. It is basically a race version of the standard M3. More horsepower, lighter, and more aggressive looking give it everything it needs to be a drift machine. I have never seen the GTR version of the M3 in real life or even heard of it before Gran Turismo. I knew they made actual BMW M3 GTR race car, but not that they had a car “anyone” could just buy. There is also the BMW CSL which I think this tune would work well on too. Posted by Matt Spurlock and pics by Tor-kristian Larsen

Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 Evolution 2

I originally bought this car for drag racing, but ended up making a rally tune. I have already made the crazy fast Peugeot 205 drag tune and thought to myself if that car was so quick just imagine how fast a race car version of it would be at drag? Well it would of been super fast, but you can’t instal NOS and that was really the secret to the normal 205 success. It’s still a pretty great rally car and Peugeot has lots of history in being a top rally team. It took a lot longer than I thought it was going to, but in the end I managed to make a tune that it loads of fun and pretty quick. I like the short wheel base of this car and huge spoiler that sticks out. Makes it look really different compared to most other rally cars. Going up the mountains is just too much fun and coming down is quite scary. It can be used for snow or dirt tracks with just changing the tires. If the transmission hits the rev limiter on any super large tracks just move the final gear to the left until it doesn’t anymore.

Nissan 200SX (S14) '96

Very popular in the drift community the Nissan 200sx S14. A lot of the popular cars I usually aren’t a huge fan of the looks, but this one looks really cool. As you can see I painted mine crazy bright green with even brighter orange wheels. As you can believe it really stands out online. The only problem with this car is it is cursed. I originally got this tune to test months ago and wasn’t super feeling it, but knew with some small changes it could be a really nice drift tune. Not longer after my PS3 crashed so obviously I couldn’t test it. After a month or so I got everything working again and came back to test it. Everything I did just didn’t make it any better and I started to get quite frustrated. I decided to totally start over for most of it and try again. Finally I got a tune I was happy with that landed big drifts and wasn’t too crazy to drive. Now I go to upload the tune so all of you can use it and my internet dies. It has been out the entire day totally screwing me over. I had to share my phone internet with my computer in order to post this tune. It was working fine until it randomly disconnected and would not come back. I reset it and tried again. It said everything was connected and working fine, but no real internet was getting through. No idea how to fix that. Worst of all the internet to my phone itself was no longer working. The level of frustration at this point was insane. After waiting it out a bit my phone internet came back and I was able to post this tune. In the end finally I was able to get this drift tune out to all of you to use. It’s a cool car that drifts pretty well.

Ford Shelby GT500

The Shelby GT500 Mustang has always been a serious car on the streets, but what if it was a drift car? Well I’m here to tell you it’s still an animal! First tune back since the transmission bug and it’s a good one. It was a funny story with this tune. I got the tune from Brandon W. Henry and started to test it out. It drove pretty well, but he told me use comfort hard tires? That seemed so strange to me since a car like this has huge power and would need a minimum of sports soft to get it all down to the road. Once I switched to sports soft it drove much better and only after I told Brandon my findings did I realize he sent a DRIFT tune and not a race tune. He even said drift tune and I have no idea why I thought otherwise. However it was a good and bad experience because with only a tire switch I found out it actually works pretty well for racing or drifting. It’s very smooth and drifts easily. All parts are added, but the power has been heavily reduced and extra weight has been added. Usually I wouldn’t ever do this to a drift car, but it works very well for this one. There are no power drops as the Shelby has massive torque. The extra weight also helps weight distribution allowing the Mustang to drift rather than spin out.

Lancia DELTA HF Integrale Evoluzione

I have been testing the tune Rasheed Korayem originally sent me for a while now, but now it’s time to release it to the world. It is a ton of fun. Seriously rally is just so much fun once you get the hang of it. I included a video of me racing around on Toscano just having a blast and even from the replay it looks awesome. The Lancia Delta has always been a pure rally car from the start and it was only right to make it into a full on rally race car. It’s small, light, and 4WD. The perfect combo to be great at rally. The key to being great at rally is to try and drift the corners, but also keep the car straight. The more in a straight line you are the faster you will be, but if you slow down too much for the turns your lap will be slow. That is where drifting comes in. I had huge fun with this tune and I hope you do too.

Nissan GRAN TURISMO GT-R (Pacecar)

The GTR Pacecar drifting around a track at night look awesome. The lights flashing is cool every time. It reminds me of the BMW Pace car that I made a tune for. I received this tune a super long time ago and the day I tested it I was off my game. I planned on testing it again, but my PS3 died. I was backed up with tunes and when I thought I would have time to test it again GT6 killed tuning. Just so many unseen problems I never got a chance to really try it out. Finally I have been able to try it and let me tell you, it’s pretty fun. It drifts around the track really easily and has more than enough power to drift any turn. The only problems I have had with it is sometimes the 4WD system you can tell is on. At the last second you might find it catch grip. Nothing you can do as this is a problem all 4WD drift cars have, but it’s not something that is going to really affect your drifting. One other little problem which may just be this car or a fluke for my game was traction control turned on every time I started a race offline. It has nothing to do with the tune and might of just been a fluke, but something to always be aware of with this car or any car. If traction control is on your car is going no where. Made by Scott White.

Holden Monaro CV8

I have always thought this car looked like something the American’s would build. It is just like a modern day muscle car. Huge power with just ok suspension. However that makes the perfect drift car. It really is an awesome drift car too. Slides around any corner with ease and the transmission almost slows you down or speeds you up when you need it. I like the looks too. This might be one of the most slammed cars in GT6. You can’t even se the top of the tires most of the time. It has very basic looks so I went with a crazy orange color to really make things pop. Also 540pp which should be good for fitting into any lower pp drift seasonal events. Made by Hi Boa friend (lol).

Toyota CELICA GT-FOUR Rally Car (ST205) '95

The reason I made this drift tune is because there was a 4WD race car drift event a little while ago and I had no cars that could enter. I looked at some of the cars I had, but most where just way too extreme to ever be a drift car. Then I came across this one. It looks pretty cool, fits the 4WD race car limits, and best part has an interior view since it’s premium. Many rally cars do not have the interior views unfortunately so having one with one is a big plus. I have tried it at a few other tracks so it can be used anywhere and is not just for that one seasonal event. It drifts easily and you can really hammer the gas which I really like. I do feel it could be better, but at the same time I got the highest score out of all my PSN friends. Most are top drifters also. I think everyone should add this one to their garage as you never know when another 4WD race car only drift event will be.

Suzuki V6 ESCUDO Pikes Peak Special "98

My whole life I planned on making an ESCUDO rally tune specifically for Pikes Peak. Unfortunately Gran Turismo has not added that track in the last few games and Kaz, the creator said it for sure will not be added to GT6. This is disappointing for me, but I have to cut my losses. If I can’t do a Pikes Peak tune I can still make a killer rally tune. This is by far the most insane rally car out there. It has over 1000hp and weighs as much as a 2yr old child. I’m surprised it doesn’t fly away the second it hits a bump. I assume the designers at Suzuki thought the same thing and knew they needed a ton of downforce to keep it planted on the track. As if the extreme light weight, and extreme horsepower wasn’t crazy enough they added the most extreme wing to match. It’s almost half the car. Just monstrous. It provides huge downforce and I rarely have any trouble keeping the car on the track. Even when I hit bumps it’s very stable. It has destroyed all my other rally car tunes in terms of time around a track. It’s funny seeing myWRX’s time and then seeing this car do the same track so much faster.

I have raced it at dirt and snow tracks, but at the huge snow Chamonix track I reached over 180 mph! This is on the snow and ice. I’m sitting on my couch driving and was actually scared of a huge crash. You feel it shaking the entire time and any mistake will send you into the wall. The key to driving it is pulse the gas pedal. Never just slam it and expect to go around turns like a normal road car. Rally is all about the little touches needed to make the car go where you want. Pulsing the gas and break are the best way to do this most of the time. If you do not rally often or are used to this much power give this at least 5 laps before calling your decision on it. It took me a little while to get the hang of it, but once you do it is well worth it.

Also I added stage 2 turbo instead of the more powerful stage 3. The power band (graph) is all the way at the end already and stage 3 made it much worse. You can change it to stage 3, but I’m telling you now you will be slower. It just doesn’t deliver the power at all unless you are in the very last of the RPM and then it’s all at once. With stage 2 it rams the power the entire time making it easy to make any turn and still have enough power for the straights.

Buick Special

Old school Team Shmo followers remember the epic GT5 Buick Special that I made back in that game well now it’s time to make it for GT6. The Buick Special drifted amazing before and it does not disappoint now. GT6 made drifting a little weird compared to how it was in GT5, but I still find this car pretty fun. It is just as insane and crazy as ever only you definitely have to watch it a bit more. The best way to drift is to pulse the gas only adding more gas when you need it. Don’t slam it down or you will spin out due to all the power. I added a spoiler to mine for looks and matched the color to the top of the car. I added custom rims and matched their color to the side of the car. If you look close there is a orange or red pin stripe going down the side of the car which I painted the brakes to match. I am liking the looks a lot now, but the stance is what makes it epic. Such a huge slope towards the back and it looks awesome on the replays.

Toyota Tacoma X-Runner

It is big and bold, and heavy. Very interesting choice for a drift car. However since this is Team Shmo strange car choices are exactly what we want. As you will see below the tune is even more strange, but trust me it drifts great. It is super heavy and a tiny bit of extra gas will cause you to slide off the track. As long as you pulse the gas and hold it when you need it you shouldn’t have any problems. It is different to drive compared to a normal car since the weight and higher centre of gravity, but after a couple laps you will get used to it. It looks pretty great in the replays. The rear seems so slammed when you are drifting it just looks cool.

As I mentioned at the start it has a strange tune because all parts are added, but the power is extremely reduced. I assumed it would create a horrible tune, but it actually works pretty well. The power is slow to be delivered, but this makes it easier as it doesn’t over rev. It allows you to have more control over the car and plan shift points easier. Another benefit is you can add a bit more power if it’s too slow for you. The tune is by Tyler Perry.

Dodge SRT Viper SRT10 Coupe 06

The Dodge Viper is one of the most insane cars ever and it’s even more insane as a drift car. Everything about it is crazy, from the side exhaust to the 1000+hp engine. If you have been following Team Shmo for a long time you will know I had a green Dodge SRT Viper SRT10 Coupe ’06 back in the GT5 days and figured it was time to make it again in GT6. Just like before it is a beast! It’s pretty easy to drift as long as you aren’t slamming on the gas every second. The power will destroy you if you try that. I prefer to be in a little bit higher of a gear than what I normally would do just to control the power better and allow for smoother drifting.

Autobacs ARTA Garaiya 08

Do not have too many drift race cars. Needed this one for a seasonal event and figured I’d share it with all of you. I really like the looks of this car and it drifts pretty well too. I usually hate drifting race cars, but this one isn’t too bad, although, I still prefer to drift normal cars. If you are like me and usually drift normal cars it may take a couple of laps to get the hang of drifting this, but really, it’s exactly the same only the gears I find you have to pay more attention too. I usually stick to 2 or 3 gear for small corners and don’t usually go above 5. Obviously, if you need to shift higher, do it.

TVR Tuscan Speed 6 '00

In my opinion, this is one of the best looking cars of all time. I love how the entire body of the car just flows together. Even the lights are not pieces, but instead cut out of the actual bodywork. Plus the hood that literally just flows like a wave. Just a really nice looking car overall. However, due to it’s insane looks I had to get crazy with it. A drift tune is the only way to go. Added a blueish yellow color shifting paint with tan interior and matching tanish gold wheels. Looks amazing drifting around the track. It doesn’t have a huge amount of power, but it has no trouble holding a drift.

I actually had this tune given to me a super long time ago, but my PS3 broke and I couldn’t test it. It was on hold for a long time and when I finally got the chance to test it, it needed some work. I have finally edited a few things here and there and have a tune I am happy with. Tune by Shmogt and Cole Gebhardt.

Ferrari F40 '97

This Ferrari I bought because of the classic look of the car, it’s always been a dream of mine to own. I thought I’d make a drift tune for the F40 because, well, how many Ferraris do you see drifting around? Hardly any. So put this car in a wacky colour or keep it standard, because you’re sure to stand out. Be careful when drifting this car though, as its MR drivetrain makes it want to swap ends rather easily, so don’t use full throttle all the time. This tune takes some getting used to, but once you’re there, it’s an absolute beast for what it is. Also, I’d like to say, hi guys, new author here!

Also, check out what a smoke machine this baby is!

Ram 1500 LARAMIE Hemi Quad Cab '04
(rally)

The Dodge Ram is one of the biggest and most aggressive looking trucks on the road. It’s also 4WD and can go basically anywhere. That is why I picked it as a snow rally car for Santa! Merry Christmas everyone reading this on December 25th. Those reading this later, the tune is still good, don’t worry. However, I started off thinking of cars for Santa to drive and the Dodge Ram seems perfect. As I mentioned, it is 4WD, can go anywhere, big and bold, and has a truck bed to carry presents, doesn’t get much better. After I picked the car, snow rally was the obvious choice as well, although, it should work in the dirt too. The tune really started off more as a joke for Christmas, but it came out really good, like shockingly good. It doesn’t weigh as much as I would of thought and the rear doesn’t swing around as much as I thought it would either. Plus, the 4WD really helps keep things stable. I had a lot of fun driving it around all the rally tracks and I hope all of you do too.

Back