Team Shmo GT6 tuning - Light Car Company Rocket ’07 550pp

• Thread starter shmogt
  • 263 comments

Ford RS200 '84

What a hilarious/awesome looking car. I have never driven this car in GT6 before, but man was I ever missing out. It is so small and nimble that it can handle anything. The car is so light with a decent amount of hp that it flies around the track. It usually can’t reach super high speeds, but I got mine to 200mph. If you move the final gear to the left a bit more it could go ever faster. Again you’ll probably never be at a track where it’s possible to hit such high speeds tho. Normally you wouldn’t have Nos either, but if you do it can go to 100% shot which makes things much faster. I tuned it with sports soft tires where you have to watch it here and there, but racing tires will work even better.

The spoiler is my favorite part. It already has a huge wing that is much bigger than most after market wings. However it allows you to add a custom wing that goes right in front of the old one lol. It looks pretty funny, but after some debating I installed it on mine. Once painted the same color as the car it blends in pretty well. Tune is by Jonathan Glanville and Shmogt.
I've only found a few tunes for this car here on gtp and none of them disappoint. I'll be sure to try this one too. PD did a great job with this hidden gem. I'm sure it's a lot of fun to throw around. Thanks

I've only found a few tunes for this car here on gtp and none of them disappoint. I'll be sure to try this one too. PD did a great job with this hidden gem. I'm sure it's a lot of fun to throw around. Thanks
I agree it really shocked me too. I got another special tune coming for it soon as well.

Ford Shelby GT500

Already have an awesome drift version of this car, but it wouldn’t be right without a full on race tune. I’m going to tell you some numbers and you tell me if you think it’s going to be fast. Over 1000hp, almost 1000ft-lb of torque, and is a Shelby. If you couldn’t figure it out by now, it is very fast. The car does weigh a lot, but it has the power to back it up. Flies around the track and can reach over 200mph. It sometimes feels like it has some understeer, but after a few testing laps you’ll figure out where to brake, etc and won’t have any issues. Very fun to drive and makes a great track car as each lap you’ll get slightly better and better times. I found if you shift a tiny bit before the redline it allows for faster times as well. Tune is by Jonathan Glanville.

Chaparral 2J '70 Reverse Top Speed

Ever been 250mph in reverse? Well it’s time to start with this top speed reverse tune. Just like the wheelie tune this is just for pure hilarity. However if you check the video below it actually is able to drive the entire track very easily. You can use it online against people, but it’s never going to reach those 300mph+ speeds. Don’t try to beat any GTR’s or anything. The tune is basically a transmission change and tire change. Everything else you could leave alone if you really wanted, but I suggest you change everything to what I listed. It goes around 240mph if you hold the gas, but the key is to hold the gas down to about 3/4 the amount. Right when you are at the rev limiter going around 235mph that is when you reduce the gas pressure. It will go to about 245mph then and even take the corners at that speed. It’s possible to go faster with drafting, but roughly 250mph is the limit of reverse gear. Taking corners is also tricky, but easy. Again if you see the video I take them with no issues at all. The way to do that is barely turn the wheel. I turn it so little I sometimes don’t even realize I’m turning it at all. If you slam the wheel too far the car will start getting crazy. Just subtle changes is all you need. Tune is by MostWanted 2025.

Subaru IMPREZA Coupe 22B-STÌ Version ’98

I have already made a 22B tune for 500pp that is amazing, but what if you want a full power one? Today is your lucky day because we got one! Everyone loves the 22B because it is much lighter and faster than other WRX’s and just plain looks cool. Now with max power you can get a true sense of it’s speed. It flies around the track and makes it look easy. It is 4WD and has a touch of understeer here and there, but nothing to really be concerned about. Also, look at the picture and just how low the rims go into the wheel wells when it turns. On hard turns the wheels totally go inside and the body of the car is practically touching the road. It looks really cool in replays. Tune Ashleigh Graham and Shmogt.

Peugeot Vision GT

This might be my favorite looking VGT car of them all. There is something about it that makes it look futuristic while still looking old school. I could see it on the streets easily. It weighs nothing and has huge power, but unfortunately it can’t fully be tuned. They do not allow total tuning for unknown reasons, but there still is quite a bit. It drives excellent and is a lot of fun to drive. It’s also basically exactly 700p, but it’s classified as a race car and can’t be used in many races. Obviously real race cars will beat it, but it can still hold it’s own. Tune by Sam Matthews.

I also made a video when this car first came out. As you will see it looks awesome and sounds excellent.

Chaparral 2J ’70

This is a 650pp and 700pp tune for the Chaparral 2J ’70. Very popular car known for it’s speed and hilarious looks. It really does look like a washing machine with wheels. It’s awkward shape and weird gearing (only 3) make it super unique and somehow an excellent car to drive. It is very fast and handles well. A real killer at these pp levels. Anything written normally is for 650pp (or both) and anything written in bold is strictly for the 700pp tune. Due to it’s low amount of gears the acceleration is kind of slow, especially at 700pp. I suggest using it on medium to larger tracks for best results, however it can be used anywhere. I have my A set as 650pp, my B as 700pp, and my C as top speed. Tune is by MostWanted 2025.

I also have a super hilarious top speed tune for this car. What makes it hilarious is it is a reverse top speed tune capable at just under 300mph!

Subaru VIZIV GT Vision Gran Turismo

Awesome car to drive. Looks great, sounds great, handles well, what more can you ask for? Already drove pretty well, but needed a bit of a touch up to take it to the next level. One thing I find weird about it is as far as I know it’s a 4WD car, but you can only adjust the front LSD. I am not sure why that is?

I also made a video when this car first came out. As you will see it looks awesome and sounds excellent.

McLaren MP4-12C

Very fun car to drive as it is super fast. This car is setup for the Nurburgring, but could be used anywhere. When driving it literally makes you feel like you are in a race car. It’s just so fast and handles very well. I previously made a McLaren 12C drag tune that is one of the fastest drag tunes around, so it should be no surprise a race version is just as amazing. The car has a little bit of under and oversteer, but not in a bad way. It can make it around any corner with ease and then uses the understeer to straighten out at the end. Obviously at the Nurburgring it isn’t a track you can just cruise around on. Every second it will be trying to kill you and if you let it, it will. However, after a few turns you should get the hang of driving the 12C there and have a blast doing it. I went up to 260mph on the straight and the speed was still climbing, but I was forced to brake. The best part is it’s 650pp so you can use it for seasonal events. I tested it with racing hard tires, but sport softs or higher should work well too. Tune is by Stephen G Reffner

Marcos Mini Marcos GT 70

This car is basically a baby Lotus. It’s so small, light, with decent power. I had this car back in GT5 days in yellow and did it again this time around in GT6. It is much lighter than any Lotus, but it’s power is also lower. This makes it much slower, but similar to drive. It’s also FF which is a big difference from the MR Lotus Elise. I drove it at first and liked it, but the more laps I did made me like it even more. Each lap you find out exactly where it likes to brake and when to turn in to a corner. Just little things that take off little bits of time each lap. After a few laps you are many seconds ahead of your original time and had a blast driving it. Also, not only is this car one of the lightest in the game, but it also has the smallest amount of wheel choices I have seen yet. There are literally about 6 new rims to choose from and that’s it.

Audi R8 5.2 FSI quattro'09

The Audi R8 and Lamborghini Gallardo are literally the same car. Audi owns Lamborghini and took all the same technology and put it into both cars. The only real difference is the Gallardo uses a bit nicer materials and is tuned a tiny bit more to bring more performance, and of course you get the Lamborghini name. However, this does not mean the R8 is slow or less of a car. It still looks pretty cool (mine is black chrome) and performs well. This biggest difference between the two is this is not your average R8. This is a Team Shmo edition R8. It has been tuned to give performance numbers similar to most race cars. It is a track weapon that must be handled with care at all times. Just to give you an example of the type of speeds it puts down at a track, I average only about a half second slower than my Pagani Zonda R. That makes this one of the fastest production cars in the entire game. Fully tuned is blows the Gallardo away. If you are real crazy, install NOS.

I had the hardest time ever trying to tune this car. It would just go out of control every chance it got. Impossible to drive. However, I’d like to give a special thanks to PSN: GrmpyBostonian for telling me about “improve body rigidity” and how it improved one of his insane cars. I never use it on any tunes, but tried it and with a bit more tuning the R8 was now transformed into a drivable car. It’s still insane and I suggest you pick a nice smooth track to do some test laps on to get to know it because once you do, it is a beast!

Alfa Romeo MiTo 1.4 T Sport 09

I love this car! I was doing the FF Italian seasonal and didn’t have any acceptable cars to get into the event. I had this car in my garage and never used it before. It’s an Alfa, which means it looks great, but I didn’t know how awesome it could look once customized. Once you instal the bodykits and spoiler there are more options in the “other” area. This will change the parts around the lights and a few other small things. You have the option of getting chrome or matt black. I went for matt black and it just looks awesome. Matches the carbon hood and carbon spoiler perfectly. If you pick the carbon hood, carbon spoiler, black lights, black grill option, and paint the car black, there is nothing out there that will look as cool. Mine already has Alfa red paint installed and I just didn’t have it in me to change it, but trust me, all black is insane.

It’s 400pp and FF which is a pretty great combo. Not enough power to get into trouble, but just enough to have fun with. It’s hp is so low you can pretty much use any tires you want without issues. I had a blast driving it around the track in the seasonal event, easily beat them. Not sure how good it is compared to other FF cars at 400pp, but I don’t even care if it’s good or bad. It just looks so cool on the replays.

Honda FIT RS 10

This was actually the first car I ever drove and the first GT6 car I ever photographed (the one above) when GT6 came out. It was only used for small time races and I never thought much of the car. It was good, but the tune was basic and it’s just not very exciting of a car to put up on the site. However, it’s been years since I first drove it and realized the car is awesome. Even with the basic tune I made years ago, it always wins. Recently, there was a 450pp race that was around a go kart track. I had the hardest time winning with other cars, but the second I tried using this car, I won. The reason I won is because this car is crazy light with decent power, but more than anything, it can use any tires. Comfort hard tires I only use for drift cars, but this car can use them no problem. You never spin out since it’s an FF and the worst case scenario is the tires go red and start smoking. Once you move to something like sports soft, it feels like a guided missile. The wheel base is so short it can turn on a dime. Something very rare on FF cars. Overall it’s a pretty good little car to use for seasonal events. Hasn’t let me down yet.

Nissan SILVIA spec-R AERO (S15) '99

This car is usually used for drifting, but I recently found out it’s actually great for racing too. I selected it for a 550pp seasonal event thinking I had a race tune on it already, but I did not. I changed the tires to sports soft for the race and it drove great, but was a little crazy. I kept making small changes just to make it more stable. After working at it a little bit I finally made a tune which I could drive without worrying about spinning out. It’s super similar to the drift tune I made already and can be used on the ’02 version as well. I was pretty shocked at just how well it could turn into the corners, it has just the right amount of power too.

I prefer to use this for small to medium tracks as the transmission isn’t set for huge tracks. It is for 550pp races, but is a little short of that pp. However, it’s fully maxed out which gives it an advantage as most cars have to be downgraded or barely upgraded to hit that pp level. Also, this was the first tune I made 100% with a wheel. Normally, I make all my tunes with a controller. Like all the other tunes, it should still work with a wheel or controller perfectly fine.

Honda NSX Type S ’99

The NSX is one of the best cars in GT6 because it is light and fast. This race tune should work on any of them, but I specifically used it on the ’99 since it is the lightest and has a lot of power. This is a very fast car that corners very well, but can also kill you if you are not careful. I do not suggest putting lower grade tires on it if you aren’t an expert driver. Even at racing soft, it’s a beast. It reminds me of a large Lotus because it’s handling is just so good. Just make sure to never slam on the gas out of the corners or it will spin. It’s MR remember and that means it can get quite tail happy. The tune and picture is by Sam Matthews, but slightly edited by Shmogt. Sam also used the Honda NSX Type R and says it should work on any of them.

RUF CTR2 '96

Wow, wow, wow, what an insane beast! This car reminds me of a Bugatti Veyron that can turn. You step on the gas and within seconds you are at the next corner. The acceleration is unreal and the top speeds are just as insane. However, unlike the Veyron, it can turn too! You can set some smoking fast laps times in it and for how insane it is, it’s really not that difficult to drive. Once you get a handle on all the power, you will learn pretty quickly when and where to apply the brake. The brakes are the only trouble I have with it. I suggest you squeeze them about half way and more if you need to, but don’t slam them down or the wheels will lock. If this isn’t your style, lower the brake settings, but for me, these were perfect for all situations.

Normally, when I am given a GT6 tune, someone else made it and I thank them for it here in the description. However, this time around, Ashleigh Graham told me to try one of my own tunes on this car. This RUF tune is literally exactly the same as my insane Nissan R34 tune. It works great and may be even better on this car, what is the chance of that? I also have two different setups for you to try. One is with no turbo, and the one I suggest you try first, while the second is a full power, straight up rocket ship with a turbo. It’s not too different to drive, but the extra power is just insane. I added NOS to make it even crazier and have gotten it over 260mph down a straight with no chance of slowing down. The regular tune is written normally and anything that is in bold is just for the full power version. Best of all, the regular version can be power limited a little to fit into the 600pp class and the full power version is 640pp which can race in the 650pp class.

RUF CTR2 '96

Wow, wow, wow, what an insane beast! This car reminds me of a Bugatti Veyron that can turn. You step on the gas and within seconds you are at the next corner. The acceleration is unreal and the top speeds are just as insane. However, unlike the Veyron, it can turn too! You can set some smoking fast laps times in it and for how insane it is, it’s really not that difficult to drive. Once you get a handle on all the power, you will learn pretty quickly when and where to apply the brake. The brakes are the only trouble I have with it. I suggest you squeeze them about half way and more if you need to, but don’t slam them down or the wheels will lock. If this isn’t your style, lower the brake settings, but for me, these were perfect for all situations.

Normally, when I am given a GT6 tune, someone else made it and I thank them for it here in the description. However, this time around, Ashleigh Graham told me to try one of my own tunes on this car. This RUF tune is literally exactly the same as my insane Nissan R34 tune. It works great and may be even better on this car, what is the chance of that? I also have two different setups for you to try. One is with no turbo, and the one I suggest you try first, while the second is a full power, straight up rocket ship with a turbo. It’s not too different to drive, but the extra power is just insane. I added NOS to make it even crazier and have gotten it over 260mph down a straight with no chance of slowing down. The regular tune is written normally and anything that is in bold is just for the full power version. Best of all, the regular version can be power limited a little to fit into the 600pp class and the full power version is 640pp which can race in the 650pp class.

Dude, This tune is insanely beastly!!! :crazy: :eek: and scary too!!! :scared: if you don't watch it, you're in the wall. :lol:

I've tried other tunes for this car and even tried to tune it myself but none even come close, this is by far the best tune for this car Period!!! :bowdown: :bowdown:

I took it to Sierra and put on SS tires and got a lap time of 9:11 , just like the car it use to be (Porsche). How's that for a time!! then I put on RS tires and lap time was 8:40,

Like you said you have to gently apply the brakes on RS tires, but on SS tires it was a bit easier to control and it drove great on SS too.

Great Tune!!! 👍 👍

Cheers Smiley.gif

Dude, This tune is insanely beastly!!! :crazy: :eek: and scary too!!! :scared: if you don't watch it, you're in the wall. :lol:

I've tried other tunes for this car and even tried to tune it myself but none even come close, this is by far the best tune for this car Period!!! :bowdown: :bowdown:

I took it to Sierra and put on SS tires and got a lap time of 9:11 , just like the car it use to be (Porsche). How's that for a time!! then I put on RS tires and lap time was 8:40,

Like you said you have to gently apply the brakes on RS tires, but on SS tires it was a bit easier to control and it drove great on SS too.

Great Tune!!! 👍 👍

View attachment 478376
Thanks, I agree, it is insane, but also amazing. I also agree with the brakes and tires. With sports tires it's almost easier which is kind of weird, but indeed, slower lap times.

Renault Sport Clio V6 24V ’00

What an amazing little car. It feels exactly like it’s on rails. If you aim it in any direction it will go there. It’s an MR car which usually means the back can get out of control, but since it’s so small and has a short wheel base it never suffers from that problem. If you push it super hard you can feel it start to slide, but it always corrects itself. If things are really getting crazy, let off the gas a little bit and you’re fine. Very fun car to drive around and has the perfect amount of hp to be fun while not being too crazy. I also have a rally tune for this car. It’s awesome at rally too. Tune is by Myles Lowe.

Alfa Romeo MiTo 1.4 T Sport 09

I love this car! I was doing the FF Italian seasonal and didn’t have any acceptable cars to get into the event. I had this car in my garage and never used it before. It’s an Alfa, which means it looks great, but I didn’t know how awesome it could look once customized. Once you instal the bodykits and spoiler there are more options in the “other” area. This will change the parts around the lights and a few other small things. You have the option of getting chrome or matt black. I went for matt black and it just looks awesome. Matches the carbon hood and carbon spoiler perfectly. If you pick the carbon hood, carbon spoiler, black lights, black grill option, and paint the car black, there is nothing out there that will look as cool. Mine already has Alfa red paint installed and I just didn’t have it in me to change it, but trust me, all black is insane.

It’s 400pp and FF which is a pretty great combo. Not enough power to get into trouble, but just enough to have fun with. It’s hp is so low you can pretty much use any tires you want without issues. I had a blast driving it around the track in the seasonal event, easily beat them. Not sure how good it is compared to other FF cars at 400pp, but I don’t even care if it’s good or bad. It just looks so cool on the replays.
I have to agree with you about this look for the Mito. We have slight differences in that I have gold brake caliper paint and my rear spoiler is still Alfa Red.

Made a video showing off my super fast Pagani top speed tune. The tune is already linked in here and also in the video if you'd like to try.

RUF RGT '00

There are no Porsches in GT6, but at least we have RUF. Technically, they are even better than a normal Porsche anyways. I already did the epic RUF CTR2, which is just spectacular, and now it’s time to do another RUF. I really like the looks of the RGT as it is over 15yrs old, but still looks very modern. The bodykit that’s on it is very clean too. As for the tune, it is excellent, but not as good as the CTR2. The RGT has a couple problems the CTR2 doesn’t, mainly it’s not 4WD and the engine is mounted right in the back making it an RR. This makes it very difficult to control compared to any other car you are used to driving. The key is to brake early and ease on the gas going around the corner. You need that tiny bit of gas to keep it moving forward while also taking the corner. If you don’t there is a high probability the rear will spin around on you. I also tried it with racing soft and sports soft tires. I actually like driving it with sports soft tires better as it doesn’t spin out as much, which is weird. However, racing soft tires, especially with some test laps first, will always give you much faster laps.

Caterham Seven Fireblade 02

I’ve owned this car for ages and have never got around to giving it a proper tune, until I saw a comment on the Lotus Elise post. I dug this car out from the depths of my garage and messed around with the handling. I find this car very easy to drive quickly, with a little bit of traction control (on 1 or 2), this car drives like it’s on rails. Until you put one of the rear wheels on the grass, that is. Then the car likes to either spin or roll. Despite the high initial acceleration and torque values, this isn’t a car you have to be careful on the throttle with, provided it’s on grippy tyres. The low-ish power of this car means it’s ridiculously easy to throw around a track quickly, the race brakes coupled with the low weight means it stops on a dime, and it turns pretty sharp too. I decided to go for a fairly long-ratioed gearbox to enable the car to be competitive on some of the longer circuits, rather than have it run out of gears. I have got the car up to 200mph while drafting on Le mans, so it’s quick enough for most circuits

Ferrari FXX drag

Wow, what a crazy fast drag tune! I knew the the Ferrari FXX was fast after race tuning it, but it’s just as fast for drag racing. I beat many GTR’s in it and tied a Veyron once, however, he probably had a bad tune since my Veyron drag tune would smoke this. Either way, I was very impressed by its speed. I managed about 190mph by the end of the track and you are going so fast it’s hard to stop without hitting the wall. It can be used with or without NOS, but obviously with NOS is faster. Without NOS start in 2 and shift at about 90mph. With NOS start in 3 and shift at about 120mph, shift at the redline for all other gears for both. It starts a little slow as the tires are burning up the track, but after that first shift it is as if you hit the turbo boosters and take off like rocket. A lot of fun to drag and it looks pretty cool too.

RUF 3400S '00

This is probably my favourite of all the RUF’s. It’s the smallest and lightest with an MR engine placement. It based off the Porsche Boxer, which is basically the same as the Cayman. I made this one look like a Black Edition Cayman S. Even though the Boxer and Cayman are the smallest of the Porsche line-up, the MR engine is the perfect place for going around corners. I get the same or sometimes better lap times compared to the more powerful RGT, which is pretty impressive. It’s just so easy to drive too. I have driven it with a wheel or control and barely ever run in to trouble. Just tons of fun overall and pretty quick for the amount of HP it has.

RUF 3400S '00

This is probably my favourite of all the RUF’s. It’s the smallest and lightest with an MR engine placement. It based off the Porsche Boxer, which is basically the same as the Cayman. I made this one look like a Black Edition Cayman S. Even though the Boxer and Cayman are the smallest of the Porsche line-up, the MR engine is the perfect place for going around corners. I get the same or sometimes better lap times compared to the more powerful RGT, which is pretty impressive. It’s just so easy to drive too. I have driven it with a wheel or control and barely ever run in to trouble. Just tons of fun overall and pretty quick for the amount of HP it has.
I am going to be holding a FITT event in the next few days for nothing but RUF cars. I see that you like this car so if you want to join in, keep an eye out for this event. :)

I am going to be holding a FITT event in the next few days for nothing but RUF cars. I see that you like this car so if you want to join in, keep an eye out for this event. :)
I will definitely be on the lookout for it. How do they work in GT6? Before in GT5 you could share cars for people to test, but now you can't.

I will definitely be on the lookout for it. How do they work in GT6? Before in GT5 you could share cars for people to test, but now you can't.
You just post your tune and others buy the car, set it up and test it. :) The event is now live by the way so check it out and see if it interests you.

Back