Team Shmo GT6 tuning - Light Car Company Rocket ’07 550pp

• Thread starter shmogt
  • 263 comments

Honda ARTA NSX '06

The NSX is a classic car that everyone around the world knows and loves. The street car version doesn’t have a ton of power, but it does handle like a dream. Taking a NSX, adding more power, and making it into a race car is guaranteed fun and excitement. When I first started tuning this car I had a lot of problems with it, but could tell it was going to be really awesome once it was finished. The back would slide out like crazy and it would oversteer a lot. After some changes it had stopped oversteering, but started understeering now. I had to rethink my approach. I managed to adjust everything I could until it was where I wanted it. The longer part was adjusting the LSD, which I couldn’t get just right. Finally, after a lot of attempts I got the tune I wanted. It handles great, is pretty quick, and can still scare the hell out of you. Just watch out for small sharper turns as the back can still get away from you. However, with more time practising throttle control you should get the hang of it quite quickly.

Jaguar XKR-S '11

Already have a Jaguar XKR-S drift tune, so why not have a race tune too! I really like the looks of this car, and it looks so much more aggressive with the aftermarket wing and bodykit. However, all of those added pieces not only look cool, but add to the performance. With over 800hp this is quite the track beast. What is crazy is it never feels like you are going that fast. Even if you slam the power the car doesn’t really get away from you. No matter what you do the car always feels very tame and makes driving it very relaxing. It does weigh a lot, which I think is its real problem when it comes to fast times, however. If it lost around 300kg this would be a seriously hard car to beat. Tune by CaptainAJ and Shmogt.

Toyota SUPRA RZ ’97 race 02

How did I not have a Supra race tune yet? One of the most insane cars in the game and in real life, and yet it has taken me forever to make a tune for it. I have a drift, drag, top speed, and now finally a race version. Out of all the versions this was by far the hardest to make. I didn’t think it would be so difficult, but it took a lot longer than expected. It had a lot of understeer and a touch of oversteer here and there, which was weird. After a long time of testing I finally figured out the right settings to have a pretty good tune. It is very fast and handles well, but watch how hard you slam the gas or the breaks. The key is to only use only as much as you need for the quickest times. Also, if you use stage 2 turbo it has more power, however, I used stage 3 and suggest you do to because it is a lot easier to control.

Eagle Talon Esi '97

This car has a lot a power for an FF car and also a lot of understeer when I first started tuning it. I worked as hard as I could to remove all of it, but the fact that it is FF makes that basically impossible. However, the majority is gone and as long as you don’t slam the gas around a turn you shouldn’t notice it too much. I am also using sports soft tires, which provide decent grip, but do spin-up and turn red if you are really hammering the gas. Another reason not to punch the gas too hard around a corner. I decided to stick with sports soft tires as my main testing tire because most people will be using this car for 500pp events (lower power to hit 500pp), and its low power doesn’t really need racing tires. However, if you do decide to use racing soft tires is when the Eagle Talon becomes a totally different car. It feels like a planted rocket guided along a laser beam around the track. I could not believe how much better it felt. Any little understeer problems, or over-tire-spin were completely eliminated. It became a lot more fun, and a pretty serious racer.

The Eagle Talon is a very unique car. It is very similar to the Mitsubishi Eclipse with basically the same power, weight, and drivetrain. Although I have not tried this myself, I would assume that this tune would work fairly well on that car as well.

Toyota MR2 G-Limited '97 (450pp)

The Toyota MR2 has always been a pretty cool looking car, and you can’t really get a better MR car for the price. This particular model looks a lot smoother than some of the other models, too. I was always a fan, especially it’s huge spoiler. When it comes to driving, the MR engine is a pro and a con. It can drift corners easily if you let it, but is very balanced if you use just the right amount of gas. I have driven it a lot and do not find it too hard to drive. It is only for 450pp and doesn’t have a ton of power to get into trouble with anyways. Just make sure to gently press the gas when exiting a tight corner. I used sports hard tires to tune it, but anything better will definitely make it drive even better.

Pescarolo C60 Hybride - Judd 05 (700pp)

Don’t have too many 700pp tunes, but the ones I do have are pretty awesome. This car is no exception. The power to weight ratio is insane, it can hit 250mph without even trying. You will blow past most other race cars without even trying. It is also super aerodynamic and can take the turns very fast, too. I am really liking this car and I can see why so many people use it for 700pp seasonal events online. The only problems are at low speeds if you slam the gas. The wheels will spin up causing you to lose traction. Of course, you should never be slamming the gas out of the turn anyway, and definitely should be doing it in a race car no matter what.

There are also a few other versions of this car that are basically the same. I haven’t tried, but I would guess this tune would work well for any other version as well. This way if you already bought a different version you can apply the tune to it and not have to spend the money on this one. Also, I have had this tune on my car for at least a year now and am only now getting around to posting it. Usually when this happens it is because someone gave me it to try and work on. For this reason I am not 100% sure this tune was made by me or someone else. Not trying to steal anyones tune, so had to put this disclaimer just in case.

Honda HSV-010 GT Base Model

There are many different models of this car. There is the Weider, 15th Anniversary Edition, KEIHIN, RAYBRIG, and the base model. I went with the base model because you can pick your own numbers and colour of paint. However, the tune should work fine with any of the other versions because they are basically the same car. Also, there is no wonder why so many teams use this car because it is an excellent race car. It sounds crazy, looks crazy, and is super fast. Even with racing hard tires it can shoot around the track without any major issues. If you really slam the gas out of a turn you may have some oversteer, but I rarely have any problems driving it. Out of all the race cars in the game this one is one of the easiest to drive and get use to. Also, this one is maxed out, but you can also lower the power limiter to hit 650pp. This makes it a really awesome to use for seasonal events.

Ferrari F40 '92

The Ferrari F40 is said to be one of the greatest cars ever made, and I set out to test how true that is. It definitely looks great, but with all the added power it becomes quite difficult to drive. I had a very hard time just getting the F40 to make a turn without spinning out of control. It took a lot of trial and error before I was able to get a decent lap with it. I kept trying and trying and after a very long time I have finally made a tune worthy of sharing with all of you. It is a ton of fun to drive and quite quick, but there is still a lot of kick in it. Especially on bumpy tracks. I would watch the throttle when taking a corner really fast because if you really step on it the car is liable to spin. However, once you master all of its characteristics, the Ferrari F40 is a really awesome car to drive that looks great on the replays.

Last edited:

Ferrari F40 '92[/URL]

The Ferrari F40 is said to be one of the greatest cars ever made, and I set out to test how true that is. It definitely looks great, but with all the added power it becomes quite difficult to drive. I had a very hard time just getting the F40 to make a turn without spinning out of control. It took a lot of trial and error before I was able to get a decent lap with it. I kept trying and trying and after a very long time I have finally made a tune worthy of sharing with all of you. It is a ton of fun to drive and quite quick, but there is still a lot of kick in it. Especially on bumpy tracks. I would watch the throttle when taking a corner really fast because if you really step on it the car is liable to spin. However, once you master all of its characteristics, the Ferrari F40 is a really awesome car to drive that looks great on the replays.
Your link under the pic of the F40 needs editing 👍

Audi Le Mans quattro '03 (drag)

Over the years, I have seen many people use the Audi Le Mans quattro ’03 for drag racing, but I have, honestly, never tried it myself. I knew it would be fast, but wasn’t sure just how fast it would be. Turns out, super fast! It doesn’t feel that fast, but because of the 4WD system it just gets traction a lot quicker than other cars and starts to fly sooner. It also has close to 1000hp and doesn’t weigh all that much. This makes it a really quick car. I am not sure how well it will compare to other big name drag cars, but it can definitely hold its own against all the big boy cars like the GT-R, Huayra, and 12c. It can also be used with or without NOS. To use without NOS start in 1st and shift at around 60mph. If you use NOS start in 2nd and shift at roughly 80mph. With either option shift at the redline for all other gears.

Citroën GT by Citroën Road Car (Top Speed)

I was told to make this car as it is supposed to be really fast at top speed runs. After making it I will say it is definitely fast (over 300mph), but there are a few faster cars out there. However, I am a huge fan of the looks of this car. I really wish this was a real car that was gonna be sold this year. It looks very similar to the Bugatti Chiron only more insane. All the vents, scoops, and just crazy looks make driving this car really fun. The interior view is even more insane and even if you don’t use the tune you should check it out. Very space-aged, but not overly crazy.

In terms of top speed runs, this car is very fast averaging around 285mph normally and about 310mph with NOS at max speed. If you draft it can go much fast, but I am not sure its top range. The biggest problem with this car is the turns on Route X. If you want to go full speed you will need to make sure you are perfectly centred right under the middle yellow line, basically. It is super hard to do this and any other area will probably cause you to spin out. Best way to make the turns is to let off the gas or hit the brakes a little before going into a turn. You will slow down, but it can take the turn in the 260mph range, but not over 270mph. The choice is up to you, but it is a lot safer to slightly slow down and make up the speed again by drafting on the straights instead of risking crashing on the turns.

Audi R8 5.2 FSI quattro Chrome Line

I already made a race tune for the regular Audi R8, but have never actually driven the Chrome Line before. I assumed they were the same car, but they are not. There isn’t a huge difference between them, so if you want to try this tune on a regular Audi R8 it should work fine, too. I maxed out both to see the differences between them, and while I would of assumed that the Chrome Line would of been the better version it actually weighs more. Either way, this tune is for 650pp with sports tires and the regular version I did is basically full out race car.

I was worried with sports soft tires this car would be out of control, but it actually performs great. It has a touch of oversteer and understeer, but after a couple of practise laps you should easily be able to tell how to drive it to avoid any issues. The regular R8 was insane to tune and very difficult to drive fast, but this one, even on sports tires, was a lot easier. I am a huge fan of driving it and the added chrome pieces make it look a little more special as well.

Chevrolet Camaro Z28 '69

I have always liked these old school Camaro’s, but figured they wouldn’t be the best at racing. However, once tuning was applied it is a lot of fun to drive. It isn’t as crazy as you would have thought it would be. I assumed it would spin the tail out at every chance it could, and just be way too much power to be able to put down on the track, but no. Actually, it is quite civilized to drive. However, it has a touch of oversteer if you are really pushing it, but it is easy to control and I have never felt it was enough to send me into the wall. Of course, a car that looks great and is easy to drive is a real plus in my books.

Also, it doesn’t feel that fast when driving, but your times will be fairly quick. It doesn’t weigh that much, which was another shocker to me, but I do wish it had a 6-speed transmission. One more gear would of allowed it to shift a tiny bit quicker making it an even better car. Overall, I really enjoyed driving this car and tested it on various tracks, and it performed well everywhere.

Mitsubishi ECLIPSE Spyder GTS '03

Everyone knows the Mitsubishi ECLIPSE ’95 from Fast and the Furious, it is one of my favourite cars after seeing that movie, but less like the ’03 version. Technically, this exact Mitsubishi ECLIPSE Spyder GTS ’03 was used in 2 Fast 2 Furious, but something about it doesn’t make it look as iconic as the original. However, looks and movie rolls aren’t everything. How does it drive? I expected it to be pretty boring, honestly, and when driving I noticed the steering is very exact. I didn’t even tune it at first and it still took the turns really well. Once it was tuned is when it became even more “on rails” around the turns. The LSD was the hardest part of tuning it as it is front wheel drive and this would cause a touch of understeer. After some trial and error tuning it became much less. I drove this car at multiple tracks for a lot longer than I should of, but it was that fun. I didn’t think it was that quick, but it only has 343hp. It would be better with more power, but feels damn fast for not even 350hp! The most shocking is just how good it takes turns being an FF. Also, I used sports tires and had this much fun, but racing tires would take things to a new level.

Audi TT Coupe 3.2 quattro '03

This older Audi TT was always one of my fav cars back in the day. I always wanted to buy one once I was older. However, now it is kind of old and doesn’t have as much power as a newer car, like the Audi TT RS, but I still think about getting one just for fun. Either way, all of those problems are fixed in the GT6 version because I have tuned it to the max and made it into a straight up missile. It still doesn’t have a ridiculous amount of power, but the fun factor is definitely there. The car is so small and doesn’t weigh that much, but has just enough power to make it around any track without issues. It is tuned more for small to medium tracks, and super large tracks you may need to move the final gear to the left a little more to stretch all the gears out.

It really does feel like a laser when driving it. Once you master the race line of the track it is very easy to take the corners perfectly every time. The 4WD system doesn’t really add any understeer, but does add a lot of control. I had to stop myself from driving it to post the tune for all of you to try. Also, I tuned mine to look like a race car. Full carbon hood, front splitter, wing, the works. Looks a lot more aggressive now and the black is a nice contrast with the yellow paint.

Chevrolet Camaro SS '10

I had this car in the garage for quite a while now and figured I mine as well share it with all of you guys. It looks pretty aggressive, and I love how it has the exhaust out of the side once you put a bodykit on it. Although it has a lot of power it isn’t crazy fast. This is due to the fact that it is a very heavy car. Even after all the weight reduction is still weighs more than many cars do stock. However, this also means that it isn’t very difficult to control. I can easily drive this as hard as possible without any major issues. I don’t even use racing tires as sports soft work fine. They allow for enough grip with a little more fun while driving. It is a rear wheel drive car and the back can step out if you push it too hard, so watch for that. Overall, I really like this car as it is just fun in every way.

Volkswagen GTI Supersport Vision Gran Turismo

I tend not to use the Vision Gran Turismo cars very much as you usually can’t change them. What you see is what you get. However, sometimes there is a VGT car that you can change just enough to make it extra great. This is one of those cars. I really like the looks of this car as it looks like a normal GTI, but clearly heavily modified. The styling is similar to a VW Golf Cup Car with its large wing and extensive aero parts.

Although I really like it, what I like more is how it drives. It feels exactly like a go kart. I have driven many cars that feel fast, but this one feels really fast, which is funny because it only has 578hp, and can’t really go that fast. Many cars can go over 200mph on long straights with ease, but this one is usually around 180mph. Of course, where it really shines is in the turns. I don’t care how wide, or tight a corner is this car will fly around it like it wasn’t even there. Also, you can really hammer the gas and brakes without much trouble, too. I beat many lap times with cars that have well over 200hp more than this car. It is just very impressive and a ton of fun to drive. It is 4WD and still has a touch of understeer out of some corners, so make sure you are aware of your brake points. Tune by Hugo Collard and Shmogt.

Last edited:

Mazda Mazda6 Touring Car

This tune can be used at any track, but was specifically made for the Nurburgring. There is also another car that looks exactly like this called the Mazda Atenza Touring Car, which has virtually the same specs and should be able to benefit from this tune too. I personally find the Atenza Touring Car to be a better car to drive, but was always quicker with this one. They are very similar, however.

Fans of Gran Turismo will remember these cars from past versions of the game. I have never driven one in recent years, but remembered it was a lot of fun. Driving a race car at the Nurburgring is always fun, but this car does not have a ton of power making it ideal for people wanting to get better at that track. I find this tune works very well there, but if you just straight out suck at driving at “The Ring” you are still gonna suck. Best advice is take this car/tune and drive the track for many laps. Learn where to brake and when to let off the gas to be a really good driver. The track is all about brake points and less about top speed. Everything is very long and your speed will be high, but if you don’t know how to turn that energy down to allow you to build it back up on the other side of the turn you won’t be a very good driver. However, as mentioned, this car should work well for everyone. It has low power and can not get up to insane speeds making it a lot easier to stay out of trouble.

TVR Tamora '02

I love all the TVR cars because they just look insane and beautiful at the same time. All the lights are built into the bodywork, they have crazy splitters or defusers, and they always have awesome paint. Usually they are just decent cars, however, this one is a little different. This car is so light! Just look at the weight vs HP, it is insane. Most cars with that much HP weigh at least double. If you have a long enough straight I am sure you can hit 200mph in this car. Pretty crazy for something so small with only a little over 500hp. Also, it drives really well, and I mean really well. It feels better than rails. More like riding on a laser beam. It can step out on your if you aren’t paying attention, but after a couple laps you’ll master it and be amazed.

I used sports soft tires for a little more fun to let the back wiggly, but used racing soft for that serious precision. Try it out and you’ll see what I mean right away.

Cadillac CIEN '02

What an insane car! The power is so much more than I expected and the weighted isn’t very much. That combo makes this one crazy machine. It has so much power it will blow your mind. When you are driving down a straight it will feel like 60, but actually be 200. Just insane. The tail can also kick out if you push it too hard, or send you into the wall at will. Only the truly skilled will get super fast times. However, it is still a blast to drive. Even smaller tracks is fun because of the light speed acceleration. Larger tracks is definitely where it is most at home, though. Large tracks gives this car a place to really stretch its legs out. It reminds me of what I assume a Koenigsegg One:1 would be like to drive. Just blows your mind everywhere and always has more power ready to go.

Mazda 787B '91

One of the most legendary and epic race cars ever! Even if you have never driven it I am sure you have seen it a million times before. I just had to make a tune for it. The power to weight ratio alone is just insane. It has 100+hp more than its weighs! Just crazy. It is a very fast car, of course, but it was a lot more difficult to tune than I was expecting. It had a lot of understeer and oversteer. Adjusting for one only made the other one worse. On top of that, it needed a lot of transmission and LSD testing as the wheels just would not stop spinning. However, after lots of trial and error I finally have a tune I am proud of.

It is much easier to control than it once was, and the laps times are much quicker, too. Best of both worlds. I even got a quicker lap time with this at Monza than I did with my Chaparral 2j, which is not easy to beat. It is a race car, so do a few laps to really get the hang of it. It is also a fan of larger tracks due to all the power, but does well at smaller ones too.

Aston Martin One-77 '11

With over 1000hp you already know this car is gonna be fast. The race version is super quick, and this drag version is just as quick. However, with all that power comes a lot of torque and a lot of wheel spin off the line. It was tricky to get it to launch without just spinning the tires forever. After some testing it can now actually get the power down and land a fast time. It will still spin the tires for a while, but as long as you are straight while launch it shouldn’t get tail happy. Start in gear 3 with NOS and don’t shift until 100mph. The rest of the gears shift at the redline. Due to all the power and extra NOS it takes a bit of practice to really learn where to shift. It just wants to rev forever and ever. I landed just under 8 sec for a 1/4 mile time, which makes it fast, but the top cars out there will still beat it. I raced many cars from Supras to GTRs and beat some while lost to others.

Light Car Company Rocket '07 (550pp)

I have used this car before, but not for any real racing. It is a super tiny car that weights nothing and is a ton of fun. I decided to play a seasonal event that just happen to feature one of these cars. The requirements were that it had to be from the UK, weigh less than 1200kg, and be a max of 550pp. At first, I used a different car that did well, but I noticed that the AI driving this car destroyed everyone. I quickly got this car and decided to tune it, so I could beat the event. Originally, I had a basic tune already on it, but didn’t come close to winning on my first try. I tuned a little more, but still could not win. The best I came was 2nd, and over a full second behind. It seemed just too difficult to beat this little Rocket since I was so far back in the pack. It started near the front and had a much easier time holding the lead. However, I tried to tune it more until I could finally at least see it while in second place. I gave it a few more laps, but just couldn’t pass it. Although I was getting closer it always felt that this car just lacked the power needed to pass. Finally, I decided to change my LSD settings to hopefully make it accelerate quicker, while maintaining a proper ratio for speed. After many laps I am happy to say I beat the AI Rocket only this time beating him by a full second. It was a very hard race, but this is my exact tune I used to win. It is a pretty good 550pp car for other events as well.

Back