Team Shmo GT6 tuning - Light Car Company Rocket ’07 550pp

• Thread starter shmogt
  • 263 comments

Lamborghini NOMAD Diablo GT-1

The Diablo is an insane car. This is the race car version of it. I assumed it was going to be like literally driving hell on wheels. However, I was pretty shocked at how tame and refined it was. The tune is for 600pp and doesn’t have a ton of added parts, which is probably why it doesn’t feel too insane. At 600pp it weights only 50kg more than my 600pp Honda NSX GT500 Base Model ’08, but has substantially more HP. The downforce is also really high and you can take corners quite fast. I tried it in the latest seasonal event at Circuito de la Sierra, which took about 30min and poured with rain the entire time. I only got 8th place, which isn’t too good, but only after did I realize I was using racing hard tires when I could of used racing soft… My fault, but quite competitive place for horrible tires and not switching to rain tires either, plus a million crashes. Overall, I think it looks really cool and is a great car to have. I only wish it was premium because right now it just looks horribly rendered. All the edges are choppy, which is a shame since it would of looked pretty nice otherwise.

Aston Martin One-77 550pp

Something in my mind told me to make an Aston Martin One-77 tune at 550pp. I am not sure what it was, but I had it written down for months now and finally decided to make it. Ironically, there is currently a 550pp normal cars only seasonal event going on and I managed to test it out there. The track is the Nurburgring, so this tune will work anywhere at this PP, but is also very good at the Nurburgring or on bumpy tracks. It can also use sports hard tires or better.

I originally did a full out race car tune for this car, and it almost pained me to downgrade it so much to hit 550pp. However, at this PP level it is quite competitive. I only got silver on the Nurburgring seasonal, but was only 4 seconds short of gold. Also, I am not the best racing driver and made many little mistakes. If you are a great driver you will have no problem getting gold. The main reason, however, as to why I made this tune is pure coolness. Who else is racing a One-77 (mine is in rose gold) at 550pp? It’s just a weird and awesome choice, plus is has 600hp, which is a lot faster than most other cars at this PP level. Only downside is it does weigh a lot more than others. I managed to shave off as many pounds as I could, but this is the lightest it is going to get while maintaining almost perfect balance and sticking with 600hp. I’m happy on the way it turned out and hopefully you will be too.

Nissan STAGEA 25t RS FOUR S '98 (drag)

There are two of these types of wagons. I was asked to make the other version, but figured I’d make whatever was faster. This one had a lower weight starting off, but both had the same HP. After I fully upgraded both, this version ended up with more HP and a lower weight. Obviously, this was the wagon to pick. I really like this wagon, but at the end of the day it’s a wagon. No one is expecting it to be that quick. Those people, however, will have realized they made a horrible mistake by judging you because you’ll be down the track before they knew what hit them. It is very fast. Not as fast as my hilarious SUV sleeper, but still quick. Does around 8.3 down the track, which again, is fast for a wagon. I smoked many people in similar pp ranges with no effort, but you are gonna get destroyed if you go up against something like a GTR. The only downside is this tune can only be used with NOS. Technically it doesn’t have to, but you’ll have no acceleration if you don’t use it when starting. Start in gear 1 with NOS held down and shift at the redline for all the other gears.

Renault Sport Clio R.S.'11 (450pp)

These tiny little cars are so much fun to drive. Especially at this low of a pp level it makes racing them a blast. You can really slam on the gas and slam the wheel around turns without too much worry about going into the wall. It does have a touch of understeer, but barely noticeable if you break in the right spots. I used this car for the latest 450pp seasonal event with sports hard tires and destroyed everyone else. It does not weigh that much and has a decent amount of power for such a small car. It looks normal, but kind of sporty too. Makes it even funnier when you destroy people. Just a really fun little car overall.

Dodge SRT Viper GTS &'13

This tune started off as the Viper ACR tune, so visually it’s similar to that (Wing Type C/Flat Floors/Aero kit type C/Mirrors (Other)). I wanted to experiment with a full-power tune, however, and I found that the ACR tune couldn’t cope. This motivated me to mess around with the tune, and ended up with this. My colour choice for this car was inspired by this TopGear article, which made me want to buy the car in the first place. It’s a tune that I’ve had nearly perfect for ages, but have stayed away from for a while, due to having other tunes to work on. When I finally came back to it recently, I spent more time than I should have messing with it, but here it is; a full-power, usable Viper tune. It handles like a dream with insanely fast lap times. Due to the huge power, larger tracks is where it really shines. However, make sure to watch your throttle on exiting tight turns as you can spin the tires very easily if you are not careful. Enjoy!

Honda S2000 '01

Everyone loves the S2000. It’s small, light, and pretty quick. The only problem with it in GT6 is there are many cars with a lot more power that can destroy it. This is why I limited this one to 500pp. It does pretty well there and feels like a guided missile. I have a ton of fun driving it and really like watching the replays as I have cool paint on mine. You should be able to use this on any of the S2000 models, but this one is one of the lightest for the pp. Just make sure you get the exact parts to hit 500pp. If you don’t care and just want a fully maxed out version this tune should still work well too. Add all parts and leave the rest of the tune alone. I haven’t tried it that way, but I would imagine the final gear in the transmission may have to be moved a little to the left to compensate for all the extra power, however.

Nissan Fairlady Z 300ZX Version R TwinTurbo 2by2 (Z32) '98 (top speed)

One of my favorite cars of all time the 300ZX. This particular car always makes me laugh because its name goes on forever. Seriously, look at how long it is. However, this tune is a top speed tune for either Route X or Special Stage Route 7. There are minor changes made for each track (just final gear), which will be listed below. The top speed of this car is actually extremely fast. There are faster cars, but this one can still reach over 300mph. On Route X I managed to hit 310mph with NOS, only a little slower than theSupra, but still way faster than most cars. Normal driving top speed is roughly 290mph. On SS7 it can reach 264mph by itself, but right at that 300mph mark with draft or NOS. It can also make the turns, but obviously be careful as any mistakes at these speeds will send you into the wall.

Mazda MX-5 Miata V-Special Type II (NA, J) '93

I have wanted to do a Miata tune forever, but never got around to it for some reason. I had this one in my garage for a while, but it was never that great. I played around with it a bit more and it has become pretty good. I use it with sports tires as it doesn’t have much power, but be careful as the back can still swing out fairly easily on you. I also am guessing this tune will work on any of the billion variations of the Miata, so pick which ever one you want. I like this one because this one, like a few others, has different stripes that are only shown once you paint it a custom color. It is fun to buy these cars and paint them just to see which type of stripes they will have. I painted mine rose gold to match the light brown top and think it looks pretty cool. Also, it has 508pp, but can be power limited easily to 500pp for seasonal events or online races.

Land Rover Range Stormer' 04

This car is super heavy and looks pretty cool. Normally I wouldn’t use it for any races, but the latest seasonal event is at Brands Hatch, 550pp, and UK only cars. I didn’t have any cars that made the cut, but I did have this one that comes in at 549pp with almost all parts installed. It is super heavy and has a ton of understeer, but is a lot of fun to drive. It took many laps of practising before I finally got gold, but it was worth it. Beating seasonal events is not that fun when you easily smoke them. Cars like this make the events much more fun because you need a lot more skill in order to win. I came so close, but always so far until one lap I beat it easily. My advice for winning is to make sure you brake sooner than later, coaster around the corner apex and onto the gas once you are straight on the exit. This takes practise, but one you nail it the car is quick for its size. It could be used at other tracks too, but Brands Hatch is its ideal setup. The transmission final gear may need to be raised if you want to take it to larger tracks.

Audi TTS Coupe '09

The Audi TT is probably the most underrated car of all time. It is small, light, decent power, and looks great. What else is there to want? This particular one is the S version which makes it even better, and this exact one is a Team Shmo tuned version taking it to all new levels of extreme. It has medium power, which doesn’t make it the fastest car ever, but it does handle and accelerate very well and look pretty cool doing it. I had a ton of fun driving this car around the track as each lap I found I was always a little bit faster. The new 2017 TTS is also only a fraction of a second slower than the Audi R8 from 0-60mph, which is insane. If I had the money I would honestly seriously consider buying it. That is how much I like this car. I also used sport soft tires due to the lower power, and it is all you need, but racing tires will obviously make it even quicker.

Shelby Cobra 427 '66

The Shelby Cobra is one of those iconic cars that everyone loves. It is classic American muscle with huge power, but what makes it different is its light weight. Most muscle cars are extremely heavy with a huge engine, while this one is light with a huge engine. I don’t have to tell any of you that light weight with huge power makes for a killer car. The only problem is the suspension is not very good and it needs really sticky tires to keep traction. I am using this car for a 530pp seasonal event where the tires are very poor and it was hard to get traction. After some time I finally have it balanced enough to be a good race car, but still maintain a bit of fun. You shouldn’t have a ton of problems with it, but be careful in the first couple gears. Do not just slam on the gas because the tires will light up the track in a bad way. At this pp level I don’t see too many other cars beating it. I destroyed the seasonal event without issues even when the tune was really bad and it became a lot easier to beat with the current tune. The picture was taken by Aeolus426.

Mercedes-Benz A 160 Avantgarde 400pp

I love tuning these little tiny cars because they fly around the track and you can absolutely hammer them. My foot is slammed on the gas the entire time driving it and I have no problem controlling it. It is an FF and will have a little bit of understeer every once and a while, but you are never going fast enough to the point where you can’t slow down in time to cause a lot of it. It is perfect at 400pp as it has a very low weight, and a perfect 50/50 weight distribution. I would love to say that this Mercedes is the best 400pp tune out there, but I really don’t know. With these little cars pretty much any changes made to the tune will improve them a lot and it is hard to notice a huge difference because they are so low on power. However, one of the latest seasonal events is 400pp and I easily beat all the other cars in the race. I even flipped (lol) and still managed to catch back up and win easily.

Volkswagen Scirocco R '10

I don’t do enough drag tunes and definitely not enough FF tunes. I was given this tune by Franco Damico to try and was quite pleased with it. I also really like this VW in general. Everyone always gives the Golf GTi all the attention, but the Scirocco I think looks a little cooler and still performs pretty well. Drag tunes are pretty straight forward, start at the line and hold the gas, but this one is slightly trickier to get fast times. Start in 2 and quickly shift the second you hit the redline to 3, all the other gears shift at the redline. If using NOS I found it best to still start in 2 and quick shift to 3, but the second you shift to 4 hit the NOS until the end. Since this is a FF car the tires will spin a lot at the start and any extra power from the NOS won’t help it go any faster. Once you are in 4th, however, you should have the traction to really put the power down. Not the fastest FF car around, but I did beat an SRT4 and a few other FF cars online when testing it.

Mercedes-Benz A 160 Avantgarde 400pp

I love tuning these little tiny cars because they fly around the track and you can absolutely hammer them. My foot is slammed on the gas the entire time driving it and I have no problem controlling it. It is an FF and will have a little bit of understeer every once and a while, but you are never going fast enough to the point where you can’t slow down in time to cause a lot of it. It is perfect at 400pp as it has a very low weight, and a perfect 50/50 weight distribution. I would love to say that this Mercedes is the best 400pp tune out there, but I really don’t know. With these little cars pretty much any changes made to the tune will improve them a lot and it is hard to notice a huge difference because they are so low on power. However, one of the latest seasonal events is 400pp and I easily beat all the other cars in the race. I even flipped (lol) and still managed to catch back up and win easily.

What is the color you painted it, it's a really cool purple

That's the colour lol. I wanted it for my Diablo a long time ago and someone suggested it to me. I figured since I already had the car I mine as well make a tune with the car.

Yea, I realized that when buying the car that it was one of the colors, so I ordered it and put your tune on it and headed to the 400PP race where it won! 👍

I really like small cars with a good tunes on them, @TurnLeft turned me on to them. They just can carve a corner like nothing else and you get the gearing just right too and look out!! you got a little speedster!!

Speedy Gonzales.png
Arriba,Arriba!! Andale, Andale!! :lol: :D

HPA Motorsports Stage II R32 600pp

Happy Canada Day! Yes, technically Canada was on July 1st, but things came up and I couldn’t get this VW tune out. Another question you might be asking yourself is why would I even mention a VW Golf and Canada Day in the same sentence? Well, I planned on doing a special car for Canada Day, since I am Canadian, but Canada doesn’t manufacture any cars. However, HPA Motorsports is a Canadian tuning company, which is the closest it’s gonna get. Also, the HPA VW Golf is probably the most badass Golf there is and is my personal favourite year for looks.

Now that all that is out of the way onto the car. This VW Golf is already a pretty good car, and is already tuned by HPA making it really good. Now I am tuning a good tuned car, of course it is gonna be awesome! I prefer it on medium or larger tracks as it does have some understeer and oversteer here and there. I originally tested it on Grand Valley Speedway (I test all tunes there), but didn’t find it super quick there. It definitely wasn’t slow, but cars like the Nissan Skyline R33 would get much better times. Then I took it to Mount Panorama and had a ton of fun. That is also where I put 125 miles on the car. Most other testing cars I do are around 20 miles. This Golf has over 700hp and a track like that you can really squeeze out every bit of it. Its small size and huge power allows it to carve out a path effortlessly. It can have a bit more power, but I reduced mine so it would fit under the 600pp limits. Finally, I prefer it with racing soft tires for maximum speeds and handling, but it can also be used with sports tires, but watch you gas and brake points a lot more if using them.

Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) '09

Stop what you are doing and drive this car now! It is sooooo much better than I would of guessed. I figured it was a Corvette and will be fast, but will suffer from excessive wheel spin and lots of oversteer. However, none of that is true. Everything about it is amazing and its laps times prove that. I usually test all tunes at Gran Valley Speedway, and I actually managed to use this car to beat my Pagani Zonda R‘s time, which is insane. It handles perfectly, the brakes are great, and the top speed is crazy good. It can go over 250mph and stop on a dime. It even can take tight corners with ease. I am very impressed by it. It has over 1000hp and will have a tiny bit of wheel spin out of the corners when in a lower gear, but nothing to ever be a problem. The biggest downside I have is I never feel I am good enough of a driver for it. Each lap time is always better and better, but I can just tell that a truly skilled driver would get a spectacular lap time. Also, I added NOS to mine to make it even quicker. It obviously doesn’t need it, but the added NOS makes it just that much better. If you are into drag racing I have also made a pretty quick Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) ’09 drag tune too you can try.

Ford Focus RS '02

All the rage in the automotive world is about the new Ford Focus RS. Yes, the 2016 Ford Focus RS is a nice car and has lots of features, but it costs a crazy amount of money. For example, I literally just went to a Ford dealer here in Canada last week to ask about it and the salesman told me they only got one in and it sold the same day to someone in the province next to mine, but the guy paid $61,000! I don’t care how good it may be that is a crazy high price for a Ford Focus. However, this isn’t the first RS model and no one ever talks about just how good the older RS models are. Not only did the 2002 model look good, but it is also an amazing car. I actually didn’t realize just how amazing it was until I started tuning it. I tuned it to the max to be used with sports soft tires, but I highly suggest using racing soft tires for max performance. The reason for that suggestion is that the car has a lot of power for an FF. It will burn your tires doing anything with sports tires and really needs racing tires to handle it. With racing soft tires this car is a monster. It weighs nothing and has so much power making it one of the best FF cars easily. It is probably my favourite FF car in the entire game as it feels like a rocket and handles like a laser guided missile. Truly a special car, and I actually like it a little more than my newer model Ford Focus ST. In terms of track times for cars in its class it is quick, but at the end of the day it is still an FF Ford Focus. Don’t expect to be beating any Ferrari times, but it will be right up there with cars like the Lotus Elise.

Ferrari 599 GTO replica

Technically this is a Ferrari 599 ’06, but I have turned it into a Ferrari 599 GTO ’10 replica tune. It can’t be literally exactly the same in every way, but it is as close as I can get it according to Ferrari. The Ferrari 599 base model already has around 650hp that comes from a huge V12 engine. The GTO variant takes things to a new level by bumping it to 670hp and reducing the weight. This makes the Ferrari 599 GTO quite quick, but also not overly crazy.

While tuning I expected it to have tons of oversteer due to its huge engine in the front, high HP, and rear wheel drive, but I actually found the opposite to be true. After tuning it had more understeer. I ended up going back and adding a little more fun to the tune to kick the back out from time to time. Also, I found it easy to drive around the track, but takes a few laps to really figure out before you can start getting some quick times. The car has a lot of HP and handles really well, but my favorite part about it is its looks. I was always unsure about the 599 design, but with the right spec it looks amazing. I have mine with Crystal Laurit Silver paint (not sure where I got it), black rims, red interior, and matching red brakes. It looks stunning on the replays.

BMW Z4 GT3 '11 (630pp)

This tune is specifically for Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit, but can be used at other courses as well. It is also more specifically for the 630pp range for the current GT3 seasonal event there. I have never driven this car before, but it makes a great 630pp race car. It balances power, weight, and handling perfectly to give you some pretty quick lap times. For example, the current seasonal event needs a 2:08 time to get gold. After only a couple of practise laps I achieved a lap time of low 2:02s, and I am not the greatest driver. I was also using a control for this time. I am positive if you are a great driver, and using a wheel, you could get a crazy fast time. Even if you aren’t, you definitely should get gold after a few practise laps. The prize is an almost $2 million McLaren F1 GTR, so it is definitely worth doing for everyone.

This BMW Z4 race car isn’t too hard to drive for quick times, but to get really fast times you must pay attention to some key areas. Number one is obviously the track itself. If you are not familiar with this track, dive it a few times going slow to get a feel for it, and then try to set an actual gold time. I personally love the track, but it is quite difficult as there are many straights, very tight turns, and this is all mixed with many elevation changes in-between. If you slam the gas anywhere or miss the proper brake point you will go off into the grass, or touch the wall and fail the event. Even the smallest touch of the wall on one of the many tight corners will cause you to fail. Also, I am using a stage one turbo which gives almost a reverse turbo lag. All the power is right at the start, and very little at the end. Low gears like 1st or 2nd will spin the tires a lot more than other gears. You must remember to slowly squeeze the gas when exiting a turn and shift to 3rd before slamming it down. Finally, brake points are very critical here. If you wait too long, you will hit the wall. The entire track and car are all about the finesse of working together in order to get a quick lap time.

Ferrari SP1 ’08

The Ferrari SP1 ’08 is a extremely rare car. It was made in 2008 and is originally based on the F430. What makes it so rare is the fact that it is a 1 of 1 meaning there is only one in the world. I have never driven it in a Gran Turismo game before as I had assumed it was basically a F430 with a bodykit. I, however, was horribly wrong. Once I added even more performance parts and even more carbon fibre it has now become an insane monster. It is just a few seconds slower than my Ferrari FXX, which is completely insane. It will never catch the FXX in a race, but still impressive to be somewhat in the same realm. For that reason I would call this the Ferrari SP1 XX because it is no longer a simple road car, but has been turned into a track beast. Just look at the RPM, it revs to 10,000! Spider man’s uncle, Ben Parker, said it best, “with great power comes great responsibility”. Nothing is truer said for this car. It can be the greatest track weapon or your worst nightmare. You really have to focus to land insane times, but when you do, it is well worth it.

Lexus GS 300 Vertex Edition (J) '00 (drag)

I did not expect this car to be fast, but man was I wrong. Once you add a bunch of power parts it has over 800hp! That is pretty insane for a 4-door saloon car. Although it is quite fast it isn’t going to be beating anyGT-Rs, but it can definitely hold its own against most others. I also like the looks of it a lot. Late 90’s Japanese cars seem to always look good and this one is no exception. It can be used with or without NOS, obviously with NOS is faster. If using it without NOS start in 1st and shift at 60mph then shift at the redline for all other gears. If using NOS start in 2nd and shift at 90mph and redline all other gears. With NOS it does a high 8 second.

Aston Martin One-77

If you have been using Team Shmo for the last few years you will clearly notice our brand new site! The only car I can think of to introduce the new site is the Aston Martin one-77. It is crazy rare with only 77 made, hence the name and it looks gorgeous. I personally have never seen one in real life, auto shows, even videos of it on the streets are hard to come by. With a car this nice I couldn’t just put any regular paint on it either. I had to go with the rose gold. It’s one of the most expensive paint options in GT6 and even more in real life. I only know of 3-5 cars in the entire world with it (in real life it’s a rose gold wrap). Aston Martin always makes beautiful cars, but this one is truly special and now has a tune to back it up. Very fast car that handles great. It’s pretty surprising to drive as you expect all the power to really shock you but it’s rather gentle the way the power hits the wheels. Don’t let it fool you tho it still has over 1200hp making it one of the highest hp cars in the entire game.

Was using this tune for the Ring. The car is really heavy, so what I did is apply all body weight reduction and reduce power so as to get 550pp again.

The tune is very stable but is still vulnerable to the very understeery nature of Aston Martin. It just refuses to rotate in a number of corners even when I use up all the rumble strip for apexing. Front body roll was also rather pronounced and not helping the understeer.

With the above, I did the following:

1) increase rear spring stiffness slightly
2) lower rear height
3) add a wing to increase downforce, helps a lot with a few high speed corners
4) increase front ARB by 2
5) increase front camber by 0.5

After all this, I was able to lap the Nordschleife comfortably at 6 50.

Does that make sense to you, shmogt?

Was using this tune for the Ring. The car is really heavy, so what I did is apply all body weight reduction and reduce power so as to get 550pp again.

The tune is very stable but is still vulnerable to the very understeery nature of Aston Martin. It just refuses to rotate in a number of corners even when I use up all the rumble strip for apexing. Front body roll was also rather pronounced and not helping the understeer.

With the above, I did the following:

1) increase rear spring stiffness slightly
2) lower rear height
3) add a wing to increase downforce, helps a lot with a few high speed corners
4) increase front ARB by 2
5) increase front camber by 0.5

After all this, I was able to lap the Nordschleife comfortably at 6 50.

Does that make sense to you, shmogt?
Yes, I get it. However, usually lowering the front ride height a little more than the back creates more oversteer, which seems to be what you were looking for.

Lexus IS F '07

The Lexus IS F is a pretty nice looking car, but can it’s exterior match what’s under the hood? I intended to find out by turning it into a race monster! However, I soon discovered that due to its heavy weight it can perform quite well on only sports tires. I made the entire tune with sports soft tires and had no trouble racing it around numerous tracks. Of course, if you decide on using racing tires it will only perform better and you will get even quicker times. Overall, I am quite happy with how it turned out. It was a difficult car to drive at first, but I kept tuning it until it was right where I want it. Doesn’t have a ton of under or oversteer and is quite balanced. Really like driving this one, and if you really want to fly check out the actual race car version of it.

BMW 2002 Turbo '73

The BMW 2002 is a classic BMW with very distinct looks. It also has a decent amount of power and very low weight. This makes it a pretty good car overall. However, it also makes a great rally car. It is perfect for people who want to get into rally racing as it is all about tiny changes while driving in order to give you the perfect lap. It is very easy to slide too far and go into the wall due to its low weight, and also sometimes difficult to recover from a mistake because of the low power. Once you get everything perfect it becomes a really awesome car to rally race with. I had a blast driving it all around. I specifically drove it on Chamonix (snow track) because the white paint is also named Chamonix. Hopefully you enjoy the car as much as I do.

Back