Team SUBSTANCE | Touge/Wangan/Drift | Now Hiring-er.. recruiting!

So i spoke with MONSTAR and we have agreed to have the battle NEXT weekend.
Oct. 15-16.

This gives us time to find our ideal cars to run with, learn the tracks, and get our cars set up. Looking forward to the battle!

So i spoke with MONSTAR and we have agreed to have the battle NEXT weekend.
Oct. 15-16.

This gives us time to find our ideal cars to run with, learn the tracks, and get our cars set up. Looking forward to the battle!

I know this is your call, because there are other team members who run touge but can I be one of the three that races?
and what is the track?

Snake and I will decide on a tine that's suits both teams, as we are AUssies and you guys are all Americans I assume. Snake and I are regularly online at the same time so hopefully there should be no issues about the time of the event.

You guys can decide on the track. I named 3 tracks and gave TEam Substance the choice to choose 1 of them.

Um still trying to woo the 3rd guy for our team. Hopefully he signs up but he has never raced on the touge before.

I hope we do this cause it should start the whole touge team battles. More teams will start to appear. Perhaps even the drift teams will have touge teams too. Well midnight R are members from Southern SLiders drift team. That should make rouge huge if that happens. Let's make it happen!!

I know this is your call, because there are other team members who run touge but can I be one of the three that races?
and what is the track?

Well, we can sort this out in the coming days before the battle. Since there is one other driver wanting to be the third wheel-man, we can have you two duke it out on the Touge in the coming days to see who will represent us in our bout against Midnight R

I hope we do this cause it should start the whole touge team battles. More teams will start to appear. Perhaps even the drift teams will have touge teams too. Well midnight R are members from Southern SLiders drift team. That should make rouge huge if that happens. Let's make it happen!!

Heck yes!! That's part of the reason i founded the team, to spread the word about touge and how awesome it is

so what track is it so i can get some track time in, i really only know Akina and Ginkyou Line. also this should be hosted in a lounge so non members don't jump in and everyone can post up a track to keep it fresh if we want to run a my turf vs your turf touge bout fo each of the two reps battling

also i think we should run a 3 vs 3 super showdown for the first run or the final run.

Last edited:
so what track is it so i can get some track time in, i really only know Akina and Ginkyou Line. also this should be hosted in a lounge so non members don't jump in and everyone can post up a track to keep it fresh if we want to run a my turf vs your turf touge bout fo each of the two reps battling

also i think we should run a 3 vs 3 super showdown for the first run or the final run.

Well, for the third track i suggest we run Snake Canyon. I'm currently sharing the track and it was one of my first Toscana touge courses (i created it before Akina). Though it hasn't really gained popularity among the LotS racers I would like it to get some exposure

Well, for the third track i suggest we run Snake Canyon. I'm currently sharing the track and it was one of my first Toscana touge courses (i created it before Akina). Though it hasn't really gained popularity among the LotS racers I would like it to get some exposure

i'll download it and practice hard on it, you said it flows like akina? if so my second lap of akina was our battle and i was on your bumper .2 seconds behind.

Well, things have been slow for the team... our battle with Midnight R has been postponed because of roster issues with them. Not to worry though, we'll soon set up a time and date for this.

As we all know, touge isn't as BIG yet on GT5 as we would expect. The drifting scene is quite large, as everyone is onto it. And our team's thead IS on the drifting forum because there is no sole place for Touge on GTP. But fear not, my friends... the original plan for this team was to put Touge on the map on GTP and that's just what we'll do, no matter what!!

Last edited:
Well, things have been slow for the team... our battle with Midnight R has been postponed because of roster issues with them. Not to worry though, we'll soon set up a time and date for this.

As we all know, touge isn't as BIG yet on GT5 as we would expect. The drifting scene is quite large, as everyone is onto it. And our team's thead IS on the drifting forum because there is no sole place for Touge on GTP. But fear not, my friends... the original plan for this team was to put Touge on the map on GTP and that's just what we'll do, no matter what!!

You dudeguy and I should have a group practice on various courses for the challenge, my roster of tracks now includes ushimine, snake canyon, akina, ginkyou line and irohazaka. i have others but can battle on the 5 i stated no problem.

no problem i'll post on share, its a tricky track with some off camber banks and transfers.

Snake, i have a matte green if you want?

Damn right i want it!! lol
any color you want in exchange? I have plenty of color-shift and other mattes. and many other beautiful paints in the other categories

Damn right i want it!! lol
any color you want in exchange? I have plenty of color-shift and other mattes. and many other beautiful paints in the other categories

if it starts with maizoria you cant go wrong, and i use mettalic gold/bronze on wheels alot.

Plus as much as i'm anti tuned by others, i'm sending you a 66 shelby gt350r to turn into cerberus, 500pp sh and painted flat black if you have it. It needs touge tuned i'm gonna run the side challenge with it and drift it.

Last edited:
if it starts with maizoria you cant go wrong, and i use mettalic gold/bronze on wheels alot.

Plus as much as i'm anti tuned by others, i'm sending you a 66 shelby gt350r to turn into cerberus, 500pp sh and painted flat black if you have it. It needs touge tuned i'm gonna run the side challenge with it and drift it.

That is the most tail-happy car in the world and I don't think any tune can tame it. Good luck.

That is the most tail-happy car in the world and I don't think any tune can tame it. Good luck.

I came to that conclusion too, so its a 71' mach 1 instead for lotS.

The reason is tire profiles the shelby runs skinny 195 series bias ply tires so the physics simulates that, ie no grip. It drifts beautiful but drives sidways on the touge.

I came to that conclusion too, so its a 71' mach 1 instead for lotS.

The reason is tire profiles the shelby runs skinny 195 series bias ply tires so the physics simulates that, ie no grip. It drifts beautiful but drives sidways on the touge.

I take back what i said about the shelby because i just tried to tune the '89 300zx and it went everywhere sideways and backwards. Even when my foot was nowhere near the peddles.

Yo, imma be on all day. hit me up to if y'all wanna set up a touge lobby or watev.
Also @Chevelle. I'm typing up a TDC thread on MSW, i'll PM you it before anything for you to tell me what you think.

PS: i've gone with PP over HP 👍

Yo, imma be on all day. hit me up to if y'all wanna set up a touge lobby or watev.
Also @Chevelle. I'm typing up a TDC thread on MSW, i'll PM you it before anything for you to tell me what you think.

PS: i've gone with PP over HP 👍

I like pp I don't see why other people prefer hp. Cars can have the same power but if they are lighter and tuned better they will be faster.

Back