Teammates Wanted (Apex-R)

• Thread starter NSX-R
  • 49 comments
We decided to make this thread here, because our mainly platform is EPR, and we are familiar with the people here.

GarouGT and I have organized a team, which is dedicated to EPR and GT4. With our goal mainly concentreated on mountain passes racing, we have attracted some members to join.

Currently, we have 3 memebers: me, GarouGT, and Adam West. However, we are wishing to aquire more elite members to enpower our team :).

With our respect, we invite Mr.Deap, Wolfe2x7, and Hun200km/h to join. Because our your superior skills, and overwhelming knowlege or racing, we give you the invitation to join us, fight and progress together.

For other racers who wish to join, we have time trials that you can take to be qualified. We will not judge you in anyway by your time, but give you our deepest respect for perticipating.

Here it is: Evo 8 on Dragon Range forward(uphill), maximum 3'25"500
or AE86 on Dragon Range reverse(downhilll), maximum 3'50"000

Thank you for your time scanning through this thread! Everyone's welcome!

NSX-R
With our respect, we invite Mr.Deap, Wolfe2x7, and Hun200km/h to join. Because our your superior skills, and overwhelming knowlege or racing, we give you the invitation to join us, fight and progress together.

I am honored by your invitation. :embarrassed: However, I usually fly solo, if not accompanied by my best friend, who doesn't visit this forum. We even have a racing "team" of our own, but since he doesn't visit here, I don't represent it.

I thank you for the compliment in referring to my skills as "superior," but in reality I have a hard time keeping up with you guys (I'm referring to Tsukuba and the Dragon Range) :crazy:

We truly understand, we just wanted to know if you guys are interested to join. Though we may not share the glory of being on the same team, we can still exchange our knowledge, and compete with each other!

Well, I'm also honoured by your invitation, wich I gladly accept, but I'm not sure about what it means ... could you explain a litle more about what being part of a team means?

Here is our team thread:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=70318
Also, PM me your information, not anything private, but the things we listed in the thread.

We are basically a race team, which does most of the actual "speed racing", and "speed drifting" in EPR, and maybe GT4. We are a democratic team, which means there is no leader, we make decisions based on voting and disscussing. Mountain passes are our specialty, like Dragon Range in EPR and Cote di Almafi in GT4. We now compete by submitting times on this site, however if EPR or GT series develop online, we will definitely orgainize some online racing as well.

It seems interesting. I'm rusted to death in racing with all the stuff that I have to do!

I'll be driving mostly FR any tracks!

Wonderful!!! Finally our team is taking off!
Mr.deap, if you wish,, you can PM me about the your info that you want to add in the “team thread” posted above! Welcome!

I must say that you guys probably made a casting error inviting me for your team. I'm not a "drifter", my driving style has always been (since the 80's .. Indy 500 and Accolade's GPEGA were the games to play back then) to aim for clean laps with clean race lines. And to be consistent in laptimes (that's why I'm an endurance races fan).

Nevertheless, and if you don't mind that my driving style is probably different from yours, here's what I'll do: this weekend I'll do the time trials suggested in this thread and, if I find them easy to be achieved I'll consider myself worthy of this "drifters" team. If that's the case I'll pick a car to compete.

lol I did it just to see if I could. So, lap 5 DR downhill with the BONE STOCK AE86 3:48.769. I drifted all of the 2nd gear turns too.

Now if I only had a capture card.

PS. You meant maximum time of 3:50.000 because minimum would imply that you would have to go slower than that. :lol: It's all good though, I caught your drift. :lol:

rsmithdrift
lol I did it just to see if I could. So, lap 5 DR downhill with the BONE STOCK AE86 3:48.769. I drifted all of the 2nd gear turns too.

I managed a 3'45" while seeing if I could compete with the others in the "Official Dragon Range Stock-car Time-attack Rankings" thread...I can't... :(

Hun200kmh
I must say that you guys probably made a casting error inviting me for your team. I'm not a "drifter", my driving style has always been (since the 80's .. Indy 500 and Accolade's GPEGA were the games to play back then) to aim for clean laps with clean race lines. And to be consistent in laptimes (that's why I'm an endurance races fan).

Nevertheless, and if you don't mind that my driving style is probably different from yours, here's what I'll do: this weekend I'll do the time trials suggested in this thread and, if I find them easy to be achieved I'll consider myself worthy of this "drifters" team. If that's the case I'll pick a car to compete.

Time trial is one of our most important event of all, you will fit perfectly in the team! Don't worry, there will aways me to be on the bottom... :)

rsmithdrift

Now if I only had a capture card.

PS. You meant maximum time of 3:50.000 because minimum would imply that you would have to go slower than that. :lol: It's all good though, I caught your drift. :lol:

Yeah, that's what I meant... 💡 If you want, you will be wecomed to the team. We all know you are well skilled, why didn't I remeber to invite you... :ill:

Wolfe2x7
I managed a 3'45" while seeing if I could compete with the others in the "Official Dragon Range Stock-car Time-attack Rankings" thread...I can't... :(

I don't have a life, so I sit in front of tv all day...

Wolfe2x7

I only drive the 86, but i still can't beat the other guys' time attacks. so yeah, i suck. but in terms of how to control the 86, and how it behaves, im kinda good at that. I just can't push it more to its limit like the others coz my skills are still low.:(

Hey while you are degrading yourself, you are dragging me with you :( :dopey:

Btw, team members, if you guys want, put "Apex-R" in your signature.

Word, I'm the guy Wolfe2x7 was reffering to earlier.
We've made our own two peice team, and now that I've become a forum whore, I'll probably be spending more time here.

Freewheeling.jpg

It's called freewheeling, and though we obviously won't be joinging Apex-R, we'd be more than happy to be "allies", exchanging info, data, and what have you, and helping to back you guys up. (if that ever is possible/becomes neccessary)

rotary_freq
Word, I'm the guy Wolfe2x7 was reffering to earlier.
We've made our own two peice team, and now that I've become a forum whore, I'll probably be spending more time here.

Freewheeling.jpg

It's called freewheeling, and though we obviously won't be joinging Apex-R, we'd be more than happy to be "allies", exchanging info, data, and what have you, and helping to back you guys up. (if that ever is possible/becomes neccessary)

Coolio. I've now added a reference to our team-ness in my sig, ala initial-d.com.

As promised, here I am to report my weekend's results. It wasn't an easy weekend, so I didn't have much time to spend on EPR. I concentrated my efforts in learning the Dragon Range Downhill (my "Dragon Range" experience was only from the few races I did there in EL, so that track was, and still is, not very familiar to me).

So, I picked the AE86 and did a few tries Saturday, with horrible results (always above 3'53"000) and even these were always blackflagged.

Sunday I managed to make a few more tries, and now, starting to get some knowledge of the track, I lowered my record to 3'51"---). Not enough.

Last night, finally, I got, without black flags, this:

Car: AE86 Trueno
Horsepower/Touqe: 129hp/110 lb. -ft.@5200 rpm
uphill/downhill: downhill
Controller: DF
Time: 3'49"882
Black Flag:no

I still have to try the EVO 8 uphill. But, reading the Dragon Range Official thread, I see that you guys are far, far better than me. I can't believe that I'm losing 10 seconds to the best time there. :ill:

PS - you guys do this with the cars at tuning level 1, isn't it? I guess that's what "Stock" means, so that's the way I did it.

Hun200kmh
As promised, here I am to report my weekend's results. It wasn't an easy weekend, so I didn't have much time to spend on EPR. I concentrated my efforts in learning the Dragon Range Downhill (my "Dragon Range" experience was only from the few races I did there in EL, so that track was, and still is, not very familiar to me).

So, I picked the AE86 and did a few tries Saturday, with horrible results (always above 3'53"000) and even these were always blackflagged.

Sunday I managed to make a few more tries, and now, starting to get some knowledge of the track, I lowered my record to 3'51"---). Not enough.

Last night, finally, I got, without black flags, this:

Horsepower/Touqe: 129hp/110 lb. -ft.@5200 rpm
uphill/downhill: downhill
Controller: DF
Time: 3'49"882
Black Flag:no

I still have to try the EVO 8 uphill. But, reading the Dragon Range Official thread, I see that you guys are far, far better than me. I can't believe that I'm losing 10 seconds to the best time there. :ill:

PS - you guys do this with the cars at tuning level 1, isn't it? I guess that's what "Stock" means, so that's the way I did it.

Yep it's really stock. I didn't try to beat the other guy time, lol! Maybe I should... Just download my replay & try to focus where you're slower. You can always compare the replay video there. You can see it's really stock!

Everyone! I have an idea! Since KB2 is coming to NA, why don't we add this game to this team too! After all Enthusia is getting a little bit repetetive...

I had to give this a try.

Horsepower/Torque: You know it, stock.
Uphill or Downhill: Downhill of course, the only way to race.
Controller: DFP
Black Flags: No
Drifting: Yes
Time: 3'46.189

True, they weren't the prettiest drifts, especially with the peg legging, but I did get several wall cuts where I think it should have flagged me, but didn't, but I didn't use grip techniques, just clutch kick and feint drifts and early recoveries.

Onikaze

True, they weren't the prettiest drifts, especially with the peg legging, but I did get several wall cuts where I think it should have flagged me, but didn't, but I didn't use grip techniques, just clutch kick and feint drifts and early recoveries.

Onikaze, I think you got to practice a lot! I'm still 7 sec faster than you.

Seems like an interetesting way to keep a game interesting, tbh though it's not my thing untill these games go online where competing with people you know is a big big advantage. I want to get into the WRS again on here but thats just a compete when you can thing and I don't tend to have much time to, or spend much time playing games anymore, I might have a go at that Evo 9 at DR time though, and the AE86 one if I get chance to. The problem is I'm working in the morning then I come home and carry on working, I can stop and switch on my PS2, but that directly costs me when I stop and I have a BIG deposit to pay this month.

Onikaze

Good time! You have cleared the time and we are happy to have you onboard on our team! Are you interested?

Back