Tekken 4 - 9-24-02!

• Thread starter rjensen11
  • 27 comments
http://gamestore.ign.com/product.asp?product_id=280324

Boy, I hope it's better than TTT, even though that was a good game. Here's what IGN says it has for features:

* A brand new Tekken with advanced 3D graphics.

* 3 powerful new fighters to mix it up with updated favorites.

* New exciting gameplay mechanics including Boundry Walls, Side Moves and Position Swaps.

* Game Modes include Arcade, Story Battle, VS, Survival, and the all new exclusive "Tekken Force Assault" mode.

I guess there's some more people to go along with it too, but I wish they kept Doc. B in, because I don't think they did since he wasn't in TTT(despite everyone saying 'Get 1st in Tekken Bowl!' because that didn't work)

I've got the Import version of this game since I couldn't wait and it is pretty sweet. Everything is rendered in full 3d now (unlike TTT which had a magic circle :rolleyes: )
The new graphics are good and the controls are as tight as ever, but they did something unforgivable... They changed the fighting style of Jin Kazama to the point he's unrecognizeable to former fans. They gave him a hooded sweatshirt though (the hood bounces around, and falls down sometimes in the fight.) Overall I'm really pleased with the game and played the heck out of it, but I find myself longing for Soul Calibur 2 more than ever.
The new force mode is more difficult than the last, and is more impressive overall.
It's a solid sequel, and deserves a high score (9 out of 10ish) but it doesn't do anything groundbreaking (except for the graphics it manages to squeeze out of the PS2)

Ill get it too. TTT is like the only game i have that my girl can beat me at. She will have her fun kicking my ass at this one too. :lol:

Oh man, I remember reading about it having walls and stuff, so if you get cornered, you can throw the other person into the corner and whale on them!8^D

Originally posted by keeno_uk
nobody wants to face me though y2tuscan just says "stupid keeno I ain't facing you your just too keen" :(

NO ITS BECAUSE YOU SMELL

i dont like tekken I preffer soul calibur, much better ;)

denial is such bad thing on you y2tuscan remember at a friends house and you wouldn't let me play soul calibur against you until ben came round WHAT!!!!!!!!! I thought so

besides I get a lot of enjoyment in facing my lil brother so how is has gained a lot of skill at the game especially with steve thats his fav character but I just use king and give him a rock bottom plus 5 hit combo throw to silence him

Originally posted by keeno_uk
besides I get a lot of enjoyment in facing my lil brother so how is has gained a lot of skill at the game especially with steve thats his fav character but I just use king and give him a rock bottom plus 5 hit combo throw to silence him

Yeah so what im lame at fighting games :D anyway your brother probably beats you on tekken, he is like only 8 years old :lol:

your lil bro is also called Jordan isnt he??

Originally posted by Ruffryder27
what is so good about soul calibeur i aint played any of the games

It's a Namco fighting game that is weapon based. It's very well balanced, plays well, and is very intuitive. The graphics are also pretty good too ;)
The home versions (Soul Blade on the Ps1, and Soul Calibur on the Dreamcast) also had tons of extras including the ability to gain extra weapons. (The first game did that better though, as each weapon had specific benefits and properties.)
Add to that some good secrets, extra characters, great music, multiple endings (for a few), and a great storyline and you have the makings of a great series. :D

Originally posted by Tom McDonnell

...Add to that some good secrets, extra characters, great music, multiple endings (for a few), and a great storyline and you have the makings of a great series. :D

But it's not comparable to the GT series. But if it WAS, I'd have to say GT makes it look like GT3:RR5, right?

say what!!!! man how can you compare a fighting game to a racing game gran turismo has a whole lot more depth then most fighting games soul blade (edge) just had the edge master mode which did infact last long for a fighting game but nothing compared to gt

pfffft....this game is so easy..i beat it in the arcades 3 out 4 times with only one tokken......I AM THE IRON FIST CHAMPION

Back