Tesla Model S P100DL Electric GT 2017

• Thread starter JR98
  • 9 comments
United Kingdom
The UK
JASON_ROCKS1998
JR98 GAMING
tesla.PNG

Electric GT, an all-electric racing championship using only Tesla Model S sedans, unveiled its modified version of the Model S this week ahead of an official debut next week on the island of Ibiza. The racing series is marketing itself as “the first 100% zero emissions GT championship”.

They will be using the long discontinued Tesla Model S P100DL modified for racing by EGT engineering. When the Electric GT Series was announced, the group behind it, Electric GT Holdings, confirmed having already secured 10 vehicles for the 10 teams competing in the championship.

Based on the P100DL, the race-prepared car is capable of doing 0-100 km/h in 2.1 seconds, three-tenths quicker than the production version. Pirelli’s P Zero slick and wet tyres have been specially engineered to deal with the impressive 778 bhp and 995 Nm torque produced by the P100DL 2.0.

Specifications:
Body: 5 Door Sedan
Wheelbase: N/A
Length: N/A
Width: N/A
Height: N/A
Drivetrain: Rear Motor All Wheel Drive
Engine: Tesla Electric Motors
Gearbox
: 1 Speed Fixed
Power: 778 BHP
Torque: 995 NM
Aspiration
: 100 KHW Battery
Weight: N/A

03-095_JJC2031.jpg

DSC_0147.jpg

Last edited:
...An electric race car.

I'm conflicted. Should I vote for it, or not? If this was shown half a decade ago, I could've cracked a joke about it running out of juice after 3rd lap, but I know that's not really the case nowadays.

Y'know what, I'll think about my decision some more.

Edit: I've decided to vote for it. 0-60 in 2.1 seconds, as well as near-as-makes-no-difference 800hp swung my decision to a "Yes."

Last edited:
Some drivers have already been confirmed for the 2017 Season

Stefan Wilson
Raced in Formula Palmer Audi's before becoming a test driver for the Vodafone McLaren F1 team in 2009. Competed in Indy Lights from 2009-2012, scoring multiple wins for Andretti Autosport, before competing in 1 IndyCar race for Dale Coyne Racing. He also competed in his first Indy 500 in 2015 for KV Racing.

Dani Clos
Started out in the Spanish Formula Junior 1600 series in 2004 before winning the Italian Formula Renault series in 2006. He then progressed to Formula 3 in 2007 and has competed in GP2 since 2009.

Vittoria "Vicky" Piria
Italian female racing driver who started her career with karting at the age of 6. Since then she has gradually stepped up her career to reach the top of open-wheel racing. Currently racing in GP3, she is now hoping to make the move to GT racing. Career highlights include GP3 Series, European Formula 3 and Pro Mazda.

Leilani Munter
Female racing driver who has been racing stock cars for over 15 years. Started out in the Allison Legacy Series where she finished 4th in her first race, despite a spin. She set numerous records in 2006 including getting the highest finishing position for a female driver in the history of the Texas Motor Speedway and also became the first woman to qualify for the Bettenhaus Classic.

In 2007 she became the fourth woman to compete in the Indy Pro Series, and was spoken highly of in the IndyCar community after her debut but she moved back to stock car racing due to a lack of sponsorship. In 2009 she drove a hydrogen Ford Focus across Norway in the Viking rally where she finished 2nd, only beaten by WRC driver Hennig Solberg.

She returned to Daytona in 2015 for Venturini Motorsports, running in the top 10 for most of the race, before colliding with a car on the outside, resulting with both of them being wrecked.

Lelaini is an avocate for electric cars and currently drives a Tesla Model S

Source: http://www.electricgt.co/drivers-selection/

Last edited:
UPDATE

The Electric GT Tesla will now be based on the AWD P100D, producing 780HP with a 0-60 time of 2.1 seconds
C2JoNiSXgAIwKVZ.jpg_large.jpeg

Some new drivers have also been anounced including Emma Kimilainen (STCC), Oliver Webb (ELMS), Stephen Cox (CART), Tom Onslow (BES), Ricardo Texeira (GP2), Alice Powell (Formula Renault) and Tom Coronel (WTCC).

03-095_JJC2031.jpg
DSC_0081.jpg
DSC_0147.jpg
DSC_0160.jpg
EGT_IB_LIFE_JM_0002.JPG
IMG_0198.JPG
IMG_0232.JPG

Title & OP updated to reflect the change to the P100DL, which will make the new EGT car one of the fastest GT cars in the world.

This would make a great Group 1 car, assuming we could tune the single ratio for more competitive speeds. Regardless, the off the line acceleration would be ludicrous.

This would make a great Group 1 car, assuming we could tune the single ratio for more competitive speeds. Regardless, the off the line acceleration would be ludicrous.
Not sure it would be good enough for Gr.1, since this is only a GT car in a class full of LMP1's, but if there was a Gr.2 with GT1-esque cars then a detuned version of this would fit perfectly.

Back