Test Drive Le-Mans

• Thread starter Lee2
  • 37 comments
Yes, I have the game for the Dreamcast, in fact.  It is an awesome game, and one that I would highly recommend!  :thumbsup:

I have the ps1 version, I hope the ps2 version is alot better. The reports I see is that its suppose to be better then the dreamcast game.

I don't rate my racing games because, they are the only games I play so all the racing games I have stand on there own. I donot think that some of the people here in this forum will like it. Hell alot of the people here complain about the endurance races in GT3, an put tape on there controllers just to get F1 car....

Quote: from SCOTTtheBOMB on 7:41 pm on Aug. 5, 2001[br]do you think that it will be better than Gt3
Well, to put it this way, it's the second best racing game I've ever played.  Just buy it, you'll be glad you did.  :)

Hey, who all has purchased/played "Test Drive Le-Mans" on PS2? Is it actually as good as this thread was building it up to be?

~LoudMusic

Don't know about the PS2 version but the Dreamcast version is great. Not many car settings to fiddle with but that's a good thing for me. The physics to me are pretty good and the day to night to day transitions are really cool, as are the weather effects.

I did read that other people who had played the DC one thought the PS2 version was maybe not as good as they were hoping it would be.

By the way I compiled a real-life car mapping for the DC version. I matched the in game cars up with their real-life counterparts and where they finished in the Le Mans race. http://www.geocities.com/terenceg_2000/DCLeMansCarList.htm

we had a whole huge thread going on TDLM playing currently at the GTF...

nice to see you wandered over here too tggt2
icon14.gif
:cool:

Quit out of my 24 with the Panoz, just too easy, but I was getting disappointed because I can't run it as hard for lap times as some other cars...might re-start though, with the Sauber and see how much more domination I can get :D must....get....lancia...

Hiya harper, good to I see you here too :)

I'm 6 hours into the 24 with the Sauber. I'm finally using the manual shifting too. That certainly makes a huge difference to the game, although the Toyota GT1s are still a pain in the butt to me. I've built up about a 1:30 lead now after a few crashes and spins due to loosing concentration. I'm now down to a 3:25.3XX best lap. It's quite funny now that a 3:30~3:33 lap is now a 'bad' lap time for me ;)

My next quest with this game will be to see just how fast a lap time I can get with each car. I'm think that should keep me busy for while, once I finish the 24 hour race that is.

you have come a long way since buying TDLM, tggt2. Now you're part of the quick crowd.

I think kchrpm made some mention of the fastest lap known being a 3:16 :eek: which would be completely fecking scary :eek: :eek:

love the sauber yet? :)

3:16 would be damn scary 😈 It's a pity we couldn't save replays because I would love to see how that lap was done.

Yes, I really do like the Sauber (except the color - should have been the silver one). It really turns in nicely and has good acceleration.

The one car that I don't like is the Toyota GT1. It's sure is quick but I hate the way it handles. Another disappoint is the Audi R8R, its handling is really tricky too me. But I have read that the Audi R8R from 1999 was not a really good handling race car in real life either.

Anyway I'm sure my wife thinks that I'm obsessed with this game or something ;)

Just finished it last night in the intermediate mode. Way too easy with Peugeot. I was 3.5 laps ahead of GT-One's and completed 96?97? laps. Man, that was long. Started at about 3:45~3:50 lap times and eventually worked down to about 3:35s with the best time of 3:32.xxx. The top speed I was able to get with the Peugeot was 202 mph.

I want to finish the championship races first before I attempt 24 hour LeMans.

One thing that really irritated me was the grass that slows down the car. What the hell? The grass slows down the car faster than the brakes!!! With 2 wheels on grass, the car slows down to about 70 mph in about 1 second, and with 4 wheels off, the car slows down to 30 mph! Why bother braking for the corners when you can just run off onto the grass? It becomes really irritating when you are on a very quick pace and a quick run-off onto the grass costs 2~3 seconds. Aaaaarrrrrrgggghhhhh!

What's this talk about Lancia? Can someone please fill me in?

Hi InterCooler, I also used the Peugeot for the 6 hour race. Except I used the difficulty 'cheat' and did the first 2 hours on expert, middle 2 hours on intermediate and the last 2 hours on expert again. At that stage I was still using automatic and struggling to pull away from the Toyota GT1s. I suggest you switch to manual shifting as your lap times will drop dramatically. Just go and practise on the timetrials, you'll be glad you did.

The Lancia that everyone is taking about is from the 1984 race. Here is a picture of it:
im8405.jpg

(the game car has the number 6).

intercooler: manual is the way to go :cool:

tggt2: I think the lancia in the game has a bigger rear wing...I only drove it on intermediate with the car cheat when I first got the game, but I've heard its a lethal tool on expert 😈

Hehehe I'm sure you're right harper, after all I haven't seen the game car yet. That and the above picture is also from the wrong race but the right year I believe. The picture is of the 1984 Imola 1000 Kilometres race car. They probably ran with a different wing for Le Mans, also the car in the picture has a funky nose wing :)

Back