**CLOSED** See the new thread: Michelin Pilot GS Sprint Challenge presented by SnailFinished 

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 545 comments
I want to do this but the lag is unbearable.
It's such ashame. Praying that the update this week has some lobby performance improvements and some additional features added. Not sure how much longer it is worth trudging thru the season with such terrible lobby performance. And, the numbers are a reflection of this despite such dedication from our drivers. 9 on the grid for Race 1, and 8 remaining for Race 2. Thanks to those for sticking it thru. Can't help but think that many are growing tired and losing interest in GT7 as a result of GT7's poor showing. Honestly, for next event of the Michelin Series, if the next update does not help the lobbies and we cannot field and hold a minimum of 12 drivers for our next event, I am seriously considering placing the series on hold until a time comes that PD gets the lobbies figured out. Our series rely on the ability to race very close and in tight quarters, and we simply cannot do this reliably as the lobbies are. We shall see.

Thanks to @Rob Brown for keep the wheels turning and running event #3 last night. Post Race Report to come out in the next week. See everyone for our next Porsche Event at Lago Maggiore on August 5th.

Also, more info and details to come for our upcoming Porsche GT3 Supercup on ACC for PS5. Everything from track roster, to team rules, and livery/classing standards. We have a good roster of 19 drivers so far, and hoping to get more added before the season starts.

Last edited:
Last night started off with sketchy room stability and never improved. I jumped into a practice room with Sand,Valex,and Duc right before they were doing a 6 lap race. Starting at the back I had a great view of Sand and Valex bouncing and lagging all over the place so I held back and played tail gunner. After doing this for a few laps I decided to pass Valex and caught up to Duc and was getting ready to make a move I encountered a worm hole and left our universe for a second and reappeared in last place. After that a few more people showed up and Rob went off to make the official room.

In the race room it wasnt really any better. I ended up P3 but lost 2 fast laps because the room would lag every time a car would enter into the pits from the lobby. I lost .5 sec on a 55.1 lap on the short straight downhill to the last hairpin when the room froze up. After that I stopped wasting my time and parked the car offline and waited for the session to end.

And then the race started. Started P3 and dropped to P4 behind Duc we arrived at the end of the straight and I went to the inside and things went sideways. There was a touch between myself and Duc- maybe? Then there was more contact from behind and some cars slowed down and others kept on going.Eventually a caution was called and I found myself at the back of the field having very little interest in continuing. If the end result of getting near another car is chaos then whats the point? I ended up in the pits and was going to park there but the team kicked me out and sent me back on track so I left the room.

This series suits what I like to do, build a car to what I need it to do and dial it in. I dont do the arcade daily races PD has setup because I want to fix understeer and not give a damn about what the custom livery looks like on a Youtube stream. I guess if this option existed 20 yrs ago playing GT3 and GT4 I would have sat around in my underwear live streaming and having people send me money for it. Oh well...

Ok. You can pull me from the lineup for the series then and give it to someone else. Starting the 18th I’ll be away for the foreseeable future. Thanks for putting this series together Nova!
Uh oh 😟

I also will be unable to attend Nova. Heading back to the UK for five weeks on the 10th. Don’t think I have the traveling rig options that Rob has put together. I’ll have a PS, but doubt a wheel is an option. Doh……

Thanks for the early heads up fellas.

For the rest of our roster, I'm going to put this out there and up early. For me to host/direct our next events and events further down the line, I will require a minimum of 12 drivers on the grid at qualifying. Any less, and I will postpone the event to the next event date. If we cannot sustain the 12 driver minimum for two events in a row, the Series will be closed and we will move onto something else. Our last event started with 9 drivers for race 1 and then 8 drivers for race 2. There's way too much that goes into this for only an 8-9 driver grid...and frankly, the whole format of reverse grid doesn't function as intended with the lower numbers. I know it's summer, and GT7 hasn't been on the best terms with some of us, but if we want the series to move forward, we'll need to hit the numbers. Calling on the Reserves to help and step up to keep our numbers strong when our primaries cannot make it. Harry and Phlano...thanks to you fellas for being a constant presence ...Basically a 17th and 18th grid spot. I'd expect you guys will be on the primary roster sooner than later.
Anyway, let's get this series back on track and get the grid back to nearly full for each event.

Last edited:
Ok. You can pull me from the lineup for the series then and give it to someone else. Starting the 18th I’ll be away for the foreseeable future. Thanks for putting this series together Nova!
@fruitloop31
It's been great having you on the roster and grid with us over this past year. Your were always willing and ready to accept the next challenge no matter what we threw at you. Always know we're here, and feel free to reach out if/when your situation allows you back to race with us. Take care sir, and see you on track again down the line. :cheers:

@fruitloop31
It's been great having you on the roster and grid with us over this past year. Your were always willing and ready to accept the next challenge no matter what we threw at you. Always know we're here, and feel free to reach out if/when your situation allows you back to race with us. Take care sir, and see you on track again down the line. :cheers:
@Harry Rowley , since you have the most events logged among the Reserves, you are up for this Open primary spot. You will be teamed up with @Xradkins if you accept.

If Harry passes, @Phlano099 , you're on deck.

@fruitloop31
Absolutely. Your racing etiquette is among the best that I’ve participated with over many years. Definitely always up for the challenge!

To all drivers, please see this link and vote in the poll at the top of that thread page.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...erves-now-being-accepted.406376/post-13812029
Thanks.
1. @llNovall / II-NOVA-II (#4)
2. @Bologna_Duc / Bologna_Duc (#88)
3. @socalnatv / Sand_68 (#68)
4. @Rob Brown / no1needs2perish (#6)
5. @Yugofan / Yugofan (#7)
6. @Kgffy / kgffty (#84)
7. @fruitloop31 / fruitloop31 (#31)
8. @Xradkins / Dash (#11)
9. @JDMKING13 / jdmking13 (#9)
10. @Noob01_lmdead / rauljimenez76 (#12)
11. @MrDonovan /MrDonovan (#27)
12. @R1600Turbo / R1600Turbo (#23)
13. @rsrgse / rsrgse (#22)
14. @bloodyboyblue / bloodyboyblue (#25)
15. @Valex / Valex997 (#46)
16. @IforceV8 /IforceV8 (#3)

Reserve Drivers
@paoloevans / paoloevans (#37)
@Track_King47
@ruggermole
@Phlano099 / Phlano_099 (#99)
@Harry Rowley / Harry_Rowley_10 (#10)
@Animal22 / Animalus (#222)

Last edited:
Event #3 Post Race Report
from Trial Mountain

Very low attendance for this event, and sorry the delay.

Here are your provisional podium finishers:
@Harry Rowley
@socalnatv
@Xradkins

Harry and Sand were tied for points at 31 a piece and Xrad and fruitloop at 27 a piece, with the ties being broken by top qualifying positions for Race 1. Congrats Fellas.

Congratulations to our overall Winner:
@Harry Rowley :cheers:

Scoring:
Screenshot_20220811-052259_Sheets.jpg
Screenshot_20220811-052728_Sheets.jpg
Screenshot_20220811-055013_Sheets.jpg

BoP Regulation Chart
Screenshot_20220811-052112_Sheets.jpg

Race Photos

For any of our Photographers, please feel free to forward any that you have captured, and I'll add them to this post. Been way too busy of a week for me.

Race Broadcast
None posted

Next Event:
Watkins Glen
Conditions: preset, Afternoon, SO1
Date: August 19th, 2022

See some of you this week, and the rest of you on the grid for our next MPGT4CC Event, pending the outcome of the vote on the immediate future of this series.

See this link regarding the voting:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...erves-now-being-accepted.406376/post-13812029

Event #3 Post Race Report
from Trial Mountain

Very low attendance for this event, and sorry the delay.

Here are your provisional podium finishers:
@Harry Rowley
@socalnatv
@Xradkins

Harry and Sand were tied for points at 31 a piece and Xrad and fruitloop at 27 a piece, with the ties being broken by top qualifying positions for Race 1. Congrats Fellas.

Congratulations to our overall Winner:
@Harry Rowley :cheers:

Scoring:
View attachment 1182747View attachment 1182748View attachment 1182749

BoP Regulation Chart
View attachment 1182750

Race Photos

For any of our Photographers, please feel free to forward any that you have captured, and I'll add them to this post. Been way too busy of a week for me.

Race Broadcast
None posted

Next Event:
Watkins Glen
Conditions: preset, Afternoon, SO1
Date: August 19th, 2022

See some of you this week, and the rest of you on the grid for our next MPGT4CC Event, pending the outcome of the vote on the immediate future of this series.

See this link regarding the voting:

I will not be available on the 19th as my wife and I are going to see the best band on the planet…Tedeschi Trucks Band

Michelin Pilot GT4 Cup Challenge Series
Suspension Announcement

Thank you to all the drivers who took the time to vote on the immediate future of this series. Unfortunately, the voting was reflective of where I suspected interest to be in continuing the series with the current issues in GT7 pertaining to lag and lobby instability. Only 6 drivers voted to continue, with a total of 8 voting to either suspend the series to restart as it is later on, or close this season to restart at a later time. I do still hold out hope that PD will get GT7 complete and refined to be more conducive for the league play we were used to. Until then, all Friday night racing on GT7 has been suspended for the foreseeable future. (except for our final Porsche Cup Event at LeMans on Sept 2nd). It has been a great run, and I appreciate everyone's commitment and loyalty to the series and the racing that came with it.

For those with a PS5, I would encourage you to have a look at Assetto Corsa Competizione. I am in the organizing stages of our first Porsche GT3 Supercup on that title with a targeted start date of Sept 16th. The series will be our exclusive Friday racing series and will run bi weekly from September thru to the end of January 2023 where we will assess the progress of GT7. I hope those who can, will decide to join us for a change of scenery/pace over the next few months. See some of you on the ACC side, and the rest if you hopefully down the line back on GT7.

Voting Results as of 9am Friday, 8/12/22
Screenshot_20220812-085957_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
@llNovall Shame about Polyphony dropping the ball they almost ruined GBRC until i switched to ACC, i do hope they get it sorted so you can run you're leagues again.

For those with a PS5, I would encourage you to have a look at Assetto Corsa Competizione. I am in the organizing stages of our first Porsche GT3 Supercup on that title with a targeted start date of Sept 16th. The series will be our exclusive Friday racing series and will run bi weekly from September thru to the end of January 2023 where we will assess the progress of GT7. I hope those who can, will decide to join us for a change of scenery/pace over the next few months. See some of you on the ACC side, and the rest if you hopefully down the line back on GT7.
Moving from GT7 to ACC was an eye opener for me and i doubt i will ever go back. Shame about the time difference to the UK would have loved to sign up for this along with many others in the club.

Hope it turns out ok and good luck in your race.

@llNovall Shame about Polyphony dropping the ball they almost ruined GBRC until i switched to ACC, i do hope they get it sorted so you can run you're leagues again.

Moving from GT7 to ACC was an eye opener for me and i doubt i will ever go back. Shame about the time difference to the UK would have loved to sign up for this along with many others in the club.

Hope it turns out ok and good luck in your race.
Much appreciated sir.:cheers:
I do hope that more drivers on PS5 will give ACC its fair chance, because it really has proven itself very good imo.
See ya Sunday.👍

To me GT is about more than the racing, I mostly enjoy the building and tuning aspect that it offers. I don't know if I'll be buying any more games at the moment.

A comment only, not happy or sad. I voted to stay. Leading the series was nice while it lasted. I will be Daily Racing to keep my skills tuned. Join a race and give me a shout. Best wishes to the wealthy SIM racers.

A comment only, not happy or sad. I voted to stay. Leading the series was nice while it lasted. I will be Daily Racing to keep my skills tuned. Join a race and give me a shout. Best wishes to the wealthy SIM racers.
I do hope at some point you do grab up a PS5 to join back up with us. Frankly, I believe alot of the issues with GT7 originate with the cross platform communication, and honestly wish GT7 would have never landed on PS4....and even more-so, wish they would have held the release until the title was finished. The way this has played out, it feels more like a long term beta than a completed A list title. Unfortunately, that seems to be the way of gaming anymore. ACC had its own rough period on console for the first 2 years on PS4, but is now in the refining/refined stages of its life cycle, making it perfect to drop into at this time. I am certain PD will get GT7 to a much better and finished state, but how long remains to be seen. I just know for now, GT7 is not working for competitive and enjoyable league racing. Hopefully they'll have it sorted near the end of the year. Until then, it's onto ACC for me.

Latest Posts

Back