**CLOSED** See the new thread: Michelin Pilot GS Sprint Challenge presented by SnailFinished 

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 545 comments
A comment only, not happy or sad. I voted to stay. Leading the series was nice while it lasted. I will be Daily Racing to keep my skills tuned. Join a race and give me a shout. Best wishes to the wealthy SIM racers.
Good luck with that, I entered daily race B GR4 @ The Glen today 7 times and the room glitched 5 of those with my car driving off leaving the rest of the grid sitting frozen on my screen.

Any word on network stability since 1.20? I did a few laps at TM in my Merc and it now drives like a tube of goo. I'm 2 sec slower running 57's and the car is all understeer now.

Any word on network stability since 1.20? I did a few laps at TM in my Merc and it now drives like a tube of goo. I'm 2 sec slower running 57's and the car is all understeer now.
Hey Iforce,
Bologna_Duc and myself ran some laps at LeMans for our finale of the Porsche series on GT7. I can't explain what it is with the feel of the cars....one minute it wants to understeer badly, the next it wants to snap. Braking and distances feel inconsistent....cannot string 2 consistent laps together. Just feels very numb and unintuitive....can barely tell what the car is doing or wants to do. Not a fan, honestly. As for network stability, Duc had a room open, and overall felt stable, but that was with only 3-4 drivers taxing the room. I jumped in a random race lobby that had over 12 drivers, and still noticed alot of jittering and lagging while spectating. When I got on track it was even worse.
Its ashame, because I'm a fan of GT....the visuals, livery editor, track rendering, and weather/time is second to none. But, with the physics still not quite where they should be (imo), and moreso, the lobby instability, it is crushing to any league trying to run close door to door racing. Until the lobbies get the attention needed, at least on par with GTSport regarding lobby stabilty and racing/replay options, I don't see myself re-igniting any series on the GT7 title. If/when the time comes that they do get the lobby features and stability corrected, and hopefully more fine tuning on the physics, we will revisit starting up a new GT4 series. Until then, we will be running a new Porsche GT3 SuperCup on the ACC title from Sept-January, biweekly. After the season is over, we will see where GT7 is at, and if still not where it needs to be, I will kick off another series on ACC, likely a GT4 classed series for a few months. But thats where were at. If you have a PS5, consider getting ACC and join us. Series starts Sept 16th, and I'm running a practice/ lobby testing room tonight around 8pm est. Hopefully we see you there, and if not, we'll see you agian down the road.

Well that sucks. I'm going to play around with the Merc and see if I can tune their update out of the car. There is also a new Cayman GT4 available now that rates 280/440 DF with parts added that I plan to try out.

No PS5 for me at the moment, and I'm not sure I will ever buy one to be honest. My PS4 is used primarily for streaming services and does everything I need it to do in 4K.

I made a ride height change and managed to get into the 56's so I think the time is still there. The new Cayman is also a contender and is probably a ringer of a car like those Ferrari's are.

I like the new physics. :scared:
Hey Turbo,
Before replying or reacting to your post and reading some opinions in the physics thread, I decided to give GT7 a little seat time to give it a fair assessment on the physics. I read that alot of guys had to redo, or unwind some of the compensative (that's not a word..lol) tuning from the previous physics flaws. I also took some advice on the G29 setting to get more feel at 3/5. So this evening, I tried a road car (Cayman GT4) on sh tires...felt very good...car dancing on the tires and was able to be manipulated by the throttle. Then I went into my Camaro from the GT4 series. Felt very strange as it did when I first tried the 1.20 update. I unwound the tune, basically starting from scratch and applied rh tire instead of rm...., and the result was very welcoming. No longer a need for stickier tires or a tune to compsenate for the physics flaws. It did feel very natural. So with all that said, I do have to agree, that I too like the new physics and they certainly went in the right direction.
Now, the same cannot be said for the lobby stability...still. went into a lobby room with full bars and green with 6 drivers including myself. Cars were porting all over the track...absolutely awful. So for me, at this point, the only thing really holding us up on running the GT4 series is the crap status of the lobbies. Impossible to run a league as it stand on GT7. ACC will fill the void for the next few months until January. Hopefully that will be the time PD needs to get GT7 back on the rails.
And, Fyi: there will be some car choice and rule changes when the time comes that we will apply if/when the lobbies are fixed. See you then, unless you decide to dabble in some ACC with us.

FYI to all drivers:
While GT7 is still not quite where I want it for online racing, I am in the starting pphases of testing for a re-up on our Michelin Pilot GT4 Cup Challenge. A few things will be changing, most specifically the number of available cars, the use of rh instead of rm tires, less aero options afforded, and a starting P/W base value for each car based off of real world GT4 specs. I will be building and testing each car at its real world specs, and back into the specs needed to create parity. From there, I will test power and weight adds/subtractions to verify how much is needed to create a proper handicap or concession. Stay tuned.

FYI to all drivers:
While GT7 is still not quite where I want it for online racing, I am in the starting pphases of testing for a re-up on our Michelin Pilot GT4 Cup Challenge. A few things will be changing, most specifically the number of available cars, the use of rh instead of rm tires, less aero options afforded, and a starting P/W base value for each car based off of real world GT4 specs. I will be building and testing each car at its real world specs, and back into the specs needed to create parity. From there, I will test power and weight adds/subtractions to verify how much is needed to create a proper handicap or concession. Stay tuned.
Have you considered just focusing on 4-6 cars?! Simplify testing and drivers having to test. Teams of four! Best three results count, turning into more of a team tournament over the year. Less work for you, and helps to guilt trip team members for missing events.

Last edited:
Have you considered just focusing on 4-6 cars?! Simplify testing and drivers having to test. Teams of four! Best three results count, turning into more of a team tournament over the year. Less work for you, and helps to guilt trip team members for missing events.
9 cars total, 8 of which are or have been an entry in the real world Michelin Pilot Challenge, and the Nissan 400Z which is to debut next season.
No Gr4 cars, car must be built to race specs from a road car.
Values noted with each car are the real world SRO GT4 specs as the car would be purchased from the manufacturer. These values will be tweeked and tailored to our needs.
[ ] Aston Martin Vantage S '15
2970lbs(1350kg)/(up to 420hp)
[ ] BMW M4 '14
3164lbs(1430kg)/(up to 435hp)
[ ] Camaro ZL1 '18
3131wgt/ (up to 480hp)
[ ] Ford Shelby GT350R '16
3278lbs(1490kg)/450hp (up to 580hp)
[ ] McLaren 650S '14
2895lbs(1315kg)/422hp (up to 562)
[ ] Mercedes AMG GT S '15
3064lbs(1392kg)/(up to 502hp)
[ ] Nissan Z Performance '23
2951lbs(1341kg)/(up to 444hp)
[ ] Porsche Cayman GT4 '16
2904lbs(1320kg)/(up to 425hp)
[ ] Toyota Supra RZ '20
2976lbs(1352kg)/(up to 430hp)

Would you consider picking up where we left off last season while prepping for a reboot ? At least for 2-3 “test” sessions ?

There are some tracks I really wanted to run with the car I had !!!

Would you consider picking up where we left off last season while prepping for a reboot ? At least for 2-3 “test” sessions ?

There are some tracks I really wanted to run with the car I had !!!
Once base BoP values are established for our car list, yes, I plan on quite a few test sessions at various tracks to establish any handicap/concessions required to reach parity across drivers. Going to be a long process, but will be worth it when we are all very close in pace, and hopefully GT7 networking improves.

Alright gents,
There has been some theories that network issues in lobbies are a result of cross-platform play. Its been noted that the Manu & Nations Cup are running on dedicated servers, whereas the dailies supposedly have been spilt to only include drivers of the same console making that experience better. With open lobbies, there is no distinction seeming to leave us with the issues we are experiencing. Once I have finished testing the car list and establish their base specs, I will be moving to start open testing on the above stated theory. Its been mentioned that as little as one PS4 within the lobby can disrupt the gameplay and smoothness. I would like to put this theory to a test in the coming weeks by running a few PS5 only lobbies to see if this truly is the issue and possibly the silver bullet. We will then move forward from there.

Small progress report. BoP values for each car have been established based closely on the real world weights. Horsepower has been used to bring the cars into a BoP. Currently, I'm in the process of testing each car at Laguna Seca and will be fine tweaking the hp figures to get the laps times within 0.3 sec of one another. For reference, each car has been set to the BoP base figures and laps are being run with the suspension, diff, trans, and aero left as they are. This is to ensure uniformity across the cars. There will be room for more pace through tuning, but will be accounted for in the driver time trialing/driver BoP adjustments. I will publish the final numbers for the base BoP values for anyone interested in testing/verifying the results when completed.

Last edited:
Alright gents,
There has been some theories that network issues in lobbies are a result of cross-platform play. Its been noted that the Manu & Nations Cup are running on dedicated servers, whereas the dailies supposedly have been spilt to only include drivers of the same console making that experience better. With open lobbies, there is no distinction seeming to leave us with the issues we are experiencing. Once I have finished testing the car list and establish their base specs, I will be moving to start open testing on the above stated theory. Its been mentioned that as little as one PS4 within the lobby can disrupt the gameplay and smoothness. I would like to put this theory to a test in the coming weeks by running a few PS5 only lobbies to see if this truly is the issue and possibly the silver bullet. We will then move forward from there.
Definitely interested but a PS4 guy here. Happy to help test when you’re ready.

Definitely interested but a PS4 guy here. Happy to help test when you’re ready.
I'm very hopeful PD find an answer to the cross platform play to smooth out the online racing between PS4 and PS5 users before we try to kick this back off. If not, it may inevitably come down to having to be a PS5 series to get the racing and stability we want...obviously pending thorough tests to prove these theories. Also, hopefully with Christmas around the corner, some of those with PS4's will be able to source and upgrade to the PS5 before our season restarts potentially in January. But for now, alot to test. See ya around Yugo.👍

I'm very hopeful PD find an answer to the cross platform play to smooth out the online racing between PS4 and PS5 users before we try to kick this back off. If not, it may inevitably come down to having to be a PS5 series to get the racing and stability we want...obviously pending thorough tests to prove these theories. Also, hopefully with Christmas around the corner, some of those with PS4's will be able to source and upgrade to the PS5 before our season restarts potentially in January. But for now, alot to test. See ya around Yugo.👍
Assetto Corsa...

Assetto Corsa...
And yes, we're on event #3 of 10 events running biweekly in the Porsches on ACC which will run us into January. The plan is to have the Michelin series prepped and ready to go once the ACC season is finished. On that note, hoping ACC gets its issues sorted from the latest update. Kunos has noted and mentioned hot fixes are in the works to be rolled out over the next few weeks.

I will be building and testing each car at its real world specs, and back into the specs needed to create parity.
Z GT4 specs should be released at SEMA in about 1 month. There's a chance I might get to go to Vegas at the end of this month to hang out with the development team as they give race teams a first go in the car. 😁

For what it's worth, I've been doing a lot of driving in mine at Watkins Glen and adjusted the specs so that the car runs within 1 second of the pole position time for the last GT4 America race, and it's sitting at around 395hp and 3100lbs. Front lip, small rear wing, no diffuser.

1665108380088.png

For anyone interested in running some laps, these are the preliminary base BoP values at the start of testing. I'm using Laguna Seca, all upgrades to reach spec pertaining to the modification list below, and running using the settings as they are for each car. As you can see some cars are quite close already, while other will need some adjustments to reach parity.
Screenshot_20221007_114237.jpg

Car Specs:
Screenshot_20221007_114618.jpg

These are not final values, only something to start with for those interested in testing the number for yourselves.

First tests were interesting, you sure you dont want to use real GR4 cars? The differences in aero numbers and speeds are pretty big with this bunch of cars. I have seen a 8mph gap on 1000m runs and a 14 mph difference in overall top speed.

I'm going to borrow the GR4 BOP from the latest daily event and see how those numbers carry over.

First tests were interesting, you sure you dont want to use real GR4 cars? The differences in aero numbers and speeds are pretty big with this bunch of cars. I have seen a 8mph gap on 1000m runs and a 14 mph difference in overall top speed.

I'm going to borrow the GR4 BOP from the latest daily event and see how those numbers carry over.
You have to kepp in consideration overall performance. While fast car on straight is 14 mph faster, it could very well suffer in the braking zones and corners, negating that advantage.

Back