That red time is seriously killing me

• Thread starter STI9
  • 51 comments

Should the red time dissapear on the next lap ?

• Yes, please fix it PD

Votes: 105 80.2%
  • Who cares I have gold

Votes: 26 19.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
United Kingdom
Scotland, UK
I barely cut the entrance into hammerhead on the DC event and I get the red time or I tap a cone after I have done a good few laps. PD you have to fix that s**t. I watched the stream and they didnt have to restart when the fecked up a lap. I mean I cant keep a good rhythm after so many restarts.

Im sitting at 1:18.975. Until it gets fixed Im better of doing somthing else.

That is to prevent people incurring a penalty intentionally to gain an advantage for the next lap, it sucks sometimes but I dont see another option

DC was doing some corner shaving, they should have put out the little red cones for him xD

Why are you using word "fix" in the poll?

It would imply something is broken and I do not see anything broken?

This is the first real and actually good Time Trial, nothing to fix here. Every other TT should be fixed according to this one, because I think all other TT's are broken with their loose rules and such.

One of the Spanish guys is cutting the 2nd corner by a mile & its clean. Only a matter of time before everyone starts it.

This is the first real and actually good Time Trial, nothing to fix here. Every other TT should be fixed according to this one, because I think all other TT's are broken with their loose rules and such.

There IS something broken. Every lap will be invalid once you get one "red lap".
For example if you hit some pylones in your first lap, the second, the third, the fourth lap will be red. This can not be an intentional thing.
And yes, it is annoying.

I guess that is there so you can't, for example - remove all the cones and then start a new lap.

Jesus, you would gain way to much time if you were allowed to cut there, even the slightest bit. Rather have it a bit strict than sloppy.
'Just' be a little more careful on the brakes when approaching the corner and you'll gain everything you would have lost otherwise. It's all in the corner exit anyway.

Also, you should add an option to vote no.

Some people haven't understood the point of this thread. He is talking about the problem that once you get a red lap that's it, every subsequent lap is red no matter what, meaning you have to restart the session rather than just start a new lap to get clean again.

I see the point about removing the cones and then driving where they were to go faster but surely it is detected when you stray over the track marks, defined by the cones.

Some people haven't understood the point of this thread. He is talking about the problem that once you get a red lap that's it, every subsequent lap is red no matter what, meaning you have to restart the session rather than just start a new lap to get clean again.

I see the point about removing the cones and then driving where they were to go faster but surely it is detected when you stray over the track marks, defined by the cones.

Perhaps he should have desribed it better then. Never realised this myself, since I just tend to restart.

Hmm I still think folks are looking at this the wrong way. It's understandable (though not ideal) that all remaining laps are voided if you knock one or more cones out of the way, as it could indeed make your next lap potentially a little easier. What does seem a wee bit sloppy however is when the same happens if you cut a corner or go too wide, or hit an invisible wall. It's not as if you're making anything easier for the next run.

Oddly there have been some occasions where I have been able to do a clean lap after a red lap, not clear why though.

For those who are happy to start over, note that generally you don't get such a quick run up to the start line, unless you do what someone else suggested in the other thread - back up as far as you can facing the line, then floor it.

Also I think the tyres probably come in after a lap or two, can anyone confirm this, or is degradation/temperature switched off?

Shouldn't the edge of the track be defined by the cones though? So if you go over where one was you'd go red anyway?

The thing is, on other tracks you can put one or two wheels on the grass and not get a red timer, but on the TGTT you cant tap a cone. What I am saying is "if I do get the red timer, can I not just finish the lap and start another lap clean rather than have to restart the session. Imo, the red timer should not waste the whole session for us.

I will admit it was poorly worded at first but this guy gets me.

This is really annoying. You have to really attack the limits of the confounds to get a good lap on this track and it’s particularly difficult to sight the apex of the Follow Through so I’m frequently getting red laps. I’m all for penalty’s for the slightest cut but this fault is really messing my rhythm having to keep restarting and it’s wasting a lot of time since there is no point in pushing when the tires are cold so it means having to do a lot unnecessary extra laps. It needs fixing.

Agreed! Fix it fix it fix it!!! Why not just put the cones back to their initial position every time you cross the line?

how is this not a red time too? blatent corner cutting at chicago

Haha, cracking work PD. Put one tire even a millimetre onto the follow through rumble strip and it's a penalty, completely cut one corner by several yards and it's fine.

Abstaining voting. The rules are pretty fair and DC had it harder, he had no cones to use as guides like we do.

While I find it a bit of a pain to keep a decent rhythm going because of this (something DC didn't have to worry about),
there are plenty of others who have managed to pull this off, so I'm sure it's only a matter of practice makes perfect.

Abstaining voting. The rules are pretty fair and DC had it harder, he had no cones to use as guides like we do.

No, in real life, there aren't any cones, which means that there is a lto more freedom out on the track. For example, the exit of Chicago, we've got cones lining the entire exit, in real life, they can do whatever. Same for the exit of the Hammerhead, cones where they ought not be.

No, in real life, there aren't any cones, which means that there is a lto more freedom out on the track. For example, the exit of Chicago, we've got cones lining the entire exit, in real life, they can do whatever. Same for the exit of the Hammerhead, cones where they ought not be.

Still abstaining voting and I know in real life there aren't any cones.

I like the poll options.
"fix it"
"the only reason to not be as mad as me is if you're faster"

I think it's the best time trial we've had yet.

Still abstaining voting and I know in real life there aren't any cones.

Read the poll question.. it's about how the 'red time' carries over to future laps even if your driving normal from Bentley to Gambon...

I had 3 clean laps and all 3 where red, because I touched a cone on lap 1... :grumpy:

Haha, cracking work PD. Put one tire even a millimetre onto the follow through rumble strip and it's a penalty, completely cut one corner by several yards and it's fine.

So the rule of "you-can-cut-any-corner-while-below-60mph" still apply here 💡

I think this is a direct result of people glitching races. If they allowed you to get a clean run after you ran off the track, you could break the barrier and then cross the line and then find a way to do a lap without going red again.

This might be the only way to keep races clean. Make them so sensitive that anything results in a restart.

how is this not a red time too? blatent corner cutting at chicago

I saw this too yesterday evening while having a go at this interesting TT.
But my interest soon faded, 'cause if you stick to the actual track, there is no way of competing on an honest level. 👎

So what's the point of TT if some drivers bend the rules beyond what you think is acceptable? The leaderboard can be split between taking the corner and cutting the corner, but there's no way of knowing who's who.
(Not a complaint, just my opinion.)

Back