• Thread starter HP
  • 11 comments

HP

Team Manager, Green Hell Heathens
Premium
Australia
Adelaide
Heathenpride
Welcome to the GTPlanet thread for the 2022 Green Hell Online 24 hour race!

Back in the halcyon days of 2011 a vision was born, an online 24 hour race at the 24hr layout of the Nurb. The event had much interest but, perhaps not surprisingly, a lot of teams didn't fully understand what was needed to get on the grid let alone finish the race.

15 teams signed up, 3 finished the race: Shifted Racing Online, The Ring Bandits and The Green Hell Heathens. Controversy surrounded the event when the winning team changed cars at the 11th hour and were allowed to race but history is history. Either way it was a groundbreaking event and would go on to see many more online 24hr races!

CORE took on the mantle as organisers for the 2015 event and put on a special event indeed, one where many rivalries were born!

The above links will give you an idea of what goes in to these events, check them out but please refrain from posting in them as they are quite ancient.

2022 sees the return of the online 24 hours of Nurburgring!!!!!

Taking place June 11 2022 @4pm AEST or 2am EST.

POINTS OF NOTE:

1. This event is LOCAL only, this means ALL your drivers must be in the same room.
2. There will be a stream, 2 in fact. The 2nd will be in case the first goes down.
3. FULL DAMAGE EVENT.
4. There will be a commentary team.
5. There is a dedicated discord for this event. This event is entirely seperate from all other series' or events and WILL take place annually.
6. Minimum of 2 drivers per team, no maximum.
7. GT3 cars only with car choice TBA.
8. There WILL be lead-up events in order to 'dress rehearse' so to speak & iron out any issues and won't form part of qualifying. These races will likely be 2, 4 & 6 hours in duration.
9. Teams that have TWO confirmed drivers will be allowed access to the discord. You will need a team name and a nominated manager. Any drivers added later will be given the code to join.
10. There will be trophies for 1st, 2nd & 3rd. Teams outside of Australia are required to pay postage but the trophies themselves are free. Teams inside Aus have postage included.

SO, HOW DO I SIGN UP?

You send me a private message on GTP and we will discuss further. ANY previous team that has competed in 24hr races over the years are very much welcome to apply and may get preference over teams that have no experience. This is simply because I have most likely competed against them and know that they already know what to expect...

We have 4 teams already with others forming so time is running out!!

Welcome to The Green Hell!!

It’s been too long since the last one, but glad it’s finally returning! Can’t wait to tackle the N24 once again.

335 days to go!

HP

Back in the halcyon days of 2011 a vision was born, an online 24 hour race at the 24hr layout of the Nurb. The event had much interest but, perhaps not surprisingly, a lot of teams didn't fully understand what was needed to get on the grid let alone finish the race.

15 teams signed up, 3 finished the race: Shifted Racing Online, The Ring Bandits and The Green Hell Heathens. Controversy surrounded the event when the winning team changed cars at the 11th hour and were allowed to race but history is history. Either way it was a groundbreaking event and would go on to see many more online 24hr races!

CORE took on the mantle as organisers for the 2015 event and put on a special event indeed, one where many rivalries were born!

The above links will give you an idea of what goes in to these events, check them out but please refrain from posting in them as they are quite ancient.

POINTS OF NOTE:

1. This event is LOCAL only, this means ALL your drivers must be in the same room.
2. There will be a stream, 2 in fact. The 2nd will be in case the first goes down.
3. FULL DAMAGE EVENT.
5. There is a dedicated discord for this event. This event is entirely seperate from all other series' or events and WILL take place annually.
8. There WILL be lead-up events in order to 'dress rehearse' so to speak & iron out any issues and won't form part of qualifying. These races will likely be 2, 4 & 6 hours in duration.
9. Teams that have TWO confirmed drivers will be allowed access to the discord. You will need a team name and a nominated manager. Any drivers added later will be given the code to join.
10. There will be trophies for 1st, 2nd & 3rd. Teams outside of Australia are required to pay postage but the trophies themselves are free. Teams inside Aus have postage included.

SO, HOW DO I SIGN UP?

You send me a private message on GTP and we will discuss further. ANY previous team that has competed in 24hr races over the years are very much welcome to apply and may get preference over teams that have no experience. This is simply because I have most likely competed against them and know that they already know what to expect...

Good to see the initiative. but i'm rather hesitant.

if point one is non negotiable then i'm afraid it's a no go. (even with covid moved out of the way by then, hopefully. It's still a big ask and i think it will limit the number of entries)

I can't find anything about the rule book. this is quite a deal breaker since the last time it was a penalty fest in which people weren't allowed to finish for rather minor infringements. i have given a lot of feedback back then i won't repeat it now. safe to say i hope theres an rather drastic update on this part before i'd even consider entering a team.

Last edited:
HP

POINTS OF NOTE:

3. FULL DAMAGE EVENT.

SO, HOW DO I SIGN UP?

I'm afraid covid will knock out the Green Frog. Glad you resurrected the old girl. We figured out how to do the race with sequental rooms but it required more bodies than we could muster.....good luck

Good to see the initiative. but i'm rather hesitant.

if point one is non negotiable then i'm afraid it's a no go. (even with covid moved out of the way by then, hopefully. It's still a big ask and i think it will limit the number of entries)

I can't find anything about the rule book. this is quite a deal breaker since the last time it was a penalty fest in which people weren't allowed to finish for rather minor infringements. i have given a lot of feedback back then i won't repeat it now. safe to say i hope theres an rather drastic update on this part before i'd even consider entering a team.
The rules will be up ASAP and it WILL NOT be a penalty fest unless drivers deserve it 😂 The COVID thing is, of course, an unknown but we are hoping it won’t impact as much is may be feared. We have 4-5 teams already so with the time remaining til the event I’m sure we will have a full grid.

I'm afraid covid will knock out the Green Frog. Glad you resurrected the old girl. We figured out how to do the race with sequental rooms but it required more bodies than we could muster.....good luck
I’d like to discuss how you’d do that, could be scope to team up and do a remote race for those who can’t do local?

Sounds interesting. Been a while since I've attempted a 24 Hour round the clock race. Will have to see if I can gather a team together.

Looks like a very interesting event. I can understand why the event would take a long time to get together, but I'll keep an eye out :)

Hi all, greatings from Portugal and Restolho Racing Team (REST).
We still alive and willing to participate in this crazy adventure. Going to talk with the team.......

Sounds interesting. Been a while since I've attempted a 24 Hour round the clock race. Will have to see if I can gather a team together.
Raptor, we will have people in NSW that will likely need drivers. If you’re serious about it shoot me a PM :)

Back