The age old myth of Hitler living after World War 2 is debunked.

Before I even read the article, the narrative goes that his remains were buried at the SMERSH facility in Magdeburg in 1946 and then exhumed in 1970 to be cremated. The KGB were handing over control of the facility to East Germany and the East Germans did not want any sort of neo-Nazi shrine to start, should the location ever be disclosed. The ashes were spread into the river Elbe.

The Soviet Union perpetuated the myth about Hitler surviving for political gain; the USSR speculating that he was alive with the help of western allies was to sew the seeds of mistrust amongst the budding NATO countries. Stalin even lied to Harry Truman about having confirmation of Hitler's death at the Potsdam Conference in late 1945; the Soviet Union was the first country to know about Hitler's death when Führerbunker occupant General Hans Krebs attempted to negotiate a conditional surrender with General Vasily Chuikov.

After reading the article, I'm surprised that it doesn't mention the skull fragments which were also alleged to have been taken from the crater Hitler, Braun and Goebbels' bodies were partially charred in; that skull was tested in 1992 but found to be no older than 40 years old. That was always the 'clincher' that Hitler had somehow survived the war. At the time in 1992 the skull fragments were tested but not the jaw.

I highly doubt Hitler would able to escape if he tried his end would have been like Mussolini. Hitler escaping to Argentina gain ground because of a few Nazis escaping to Argentina and Brazil but I highly doubt Hitler's inner circle would able to escape.

Germany was surrounded by all sides Hitler knew it was better to poison himself or put a bullet in his skull than to be humiliated i know for sure Allies were going to humiliate him very badly especially the Soviets.

For the last several years, History Channel HD has been running a couple of series of fairly well funded and professionally managed investigations into Hitler's possible escape from Berlin, relocation to South America, and related stories of other prominent postwar Nazi persons and activities. They make for interesting viewing, and occasionally new finds are made. But nothing definitive has emerged that would prove Hitler survived.

Back