The B M W Championship - FinishedPS4 

• Thread starter IfAndOr
  • 360 comments
Got some practice in this evening... Tomorrow is gonna be tough, I had to put my cycling gloves on for my clammy hands! Hate this heat.

The car is a monster, any clumsy inputs and it bites your hand off. But I'll still refuse to turn authentic assists off, because I'm stubborn.

Love the bus stop, turn 1 though... Not so much. Good call on the single file start, going toe to toe with AI's wasn't much fun, they love to brake test you which means certain disaster in these cars.

Hope lots of people can make it tomorrow to give the BMW's a final send off :cheers::gtpflag:

Sorry can't race tonight, part hasn't arrived yet.
Aww that's a shame John. Still no throttle spring then.

It's a pity because I expect there's a lot of original T300 peddle sets out there sitting unused because the owners have upgraded to the T3PA Pros

But I'll still refuse to turn authentic assists off, because I'm stubborn.
I used to be the same but since I've enabled them for everyone I've started using them myself at times. If it makes some cars more enjoyable or safer I don't see any harm. In fact I now switch them on or off and up or down as part of my race tactics. Doesn't necessarily mean those tactics work though!

It's a pity because I expect there's a lot of original T300 peddle sets out there sitting unused because the owners have upgraded to the T3PA Pros
Such as mine!

@John Wells you're welcome to mine if you need them, not sure how much postage would cost... you can pick them up if you're near Manchester!

Such as mine!

@John Wells you're welcome to mine if you need them, not sure how much postage would cost... you can pick them up if you're near Manchester!
👍

I think he only needs just the throttle spring. Mind you a full set would be useful since he could probably swap out his old ones. He's been having some problems with various things (cables/pots) for a while.

Logitech pedals also work John, but you do need an adaptor to plug them into.

Last edited:
Results from Daytona

Daytona Road MON BMW.jpg

Yay, made the podium of this championship! :cheers: :gtpflag:

(Very) quick review and pov video.

I had my doubts but without reason, the formation lap was a very good idea, the start had its problems but I am sure it would have been a lot worse without it.

Random Grid meant I started 10th, then on the 1st lap got rear ended and spun and was demoted to 11th. After that I did my recovery, trying to avoid any risks. Some places I got because of others' mistakes, some by overtaking. Then I got to Paul ... in 2nd ... and stayed there for many laps! When I was already thinking about trying a early pit visit he made a slight mistake out of the bus stop chicane, alowing me to pass using slipstream until turn 1.

Ricardo was up ahead, with some seconds to spare and I did my best to close the gap but didnt really gain much until I noticed him pitting.

And then I noticed, 1 lap later, that he was still in the pits, so I thought "either some real world issue or connection problem?". Whatever it was, I inherited 1st place, with Paul close in 2nd.

Litle after I pitted, was behind @Saltyjoe90 and got a scare, almost losing the car under braking (after the race I learned that this was in fact what caused Ricardo to be DQed so I guess I was lucky). Opted to keep the tyres, and because of that managed to leave the pits in front of Joe.

Second part of the race was about keeping the car on the black stuff and watching Paul's pace. Noticed an entertaing group formed by Napalm, Simba and raeggee battling for 3rd, they were very close all the race. Then Simba (and lastly raeggee) pitted a 2nd time, I guess they were to optimistic regarding their fuel consumption.

So I won, Paul 2nd, Napalm 3rd. I do love these longer races and of course I am pleased to have won this particular one.

Congratulations Joe for a well deserved win in this BMW championship, you really mastered the M3 and the M1, getting consistently either victory or podium.

Again, after my 2nd championship with you guys I have to say I am very glad to have met you. And I can speak in behalf of raeggee too, I know he has enjoyed immensely these races and whatever he lacks in mastering the English language (won't forget that Simon's real name in Penthouse, I wonder who the Playboy is LOL) he compensates with solid driving and good racing. I am very glad he got 4th in this championship.

Final word for Paul, again thank you very much for organizing this championship, you take great care of all that it involves and it shows.

@Hun200kmh sorry about the pits, I was overly cautious not to go in too fast and get disqualified, and wasn't expecting you to follow me in! You showed your great skills again today, excellent work. That car really was a handful. I should have listened to Paul and turned some assists on! I stand by my decision though, it tells me I still have work to do. I noticed some other drivers managed it without assists (@raeggee @Oldbass47 among others) hats off to you guys.

Got myself a little memento to remember the cars that I could actually drive... Don't want to get all soppy but I will keep very happy memories from this championship :)

PXL_20210719_221837048.jpg

@Hun200kmh very sad to see I hit you on the first lap and you spined. Don't know if it was lag or I just didn't notice that because I use cockpit view and didn't see left corner of my car. Actually it wasn't atempt to pass, I didn't expect you will brake earlier, so I moved to right to avoid accident and only on your video I saw what happened. It is very strange, from video I see impact was strong enaught, but I didn't notice anything.
Very sorry, Mario.

Oh it's no problem Napalm, as you can see in the video there was trouble in front already so we all got into evasive action mode and I did my own weaving and did brake earlier than normal, there were other cars spinning/off track. I wasn't even sure if you weren't yourself bumped by someone behind you.

BTW thank you for letting me regain my place in the formation lap after I stopped to turn off the mic. Watching bits of the video after the race I noticed that when I resumed driving, the game had already assumed I should remain in 12th position and was telling me to remain there. I guess I risked a DQ by regaining 10th before the end of the formation lap but thankfully race director wasn't paying attention LOL

@John Wells you're welcome to mine if you need them, not sure how much postage would cost... you can pick them up if you're
That would be great Joe, if your not using them, but I was thinking may be upgrading to Pros. Its Rich's pots need cleaning Paul, fixed my cable though.

thankfully race director wasn't paying attention LOL
You were lucky that I'd given him the day off.
he made a slight mistake out of the bus stop chicane,
It's that 20 minutes mark again. My concentration starts to go after that. Although I didn't do too bad yesterday. There was only 1 spin and that was near the end when I looking at the sunrise instead of the track. :)
on the 1st lap got rear ended and spun
I watched that on the replay and had to smile. Poor @Zolon32. He'd just had a coming together with @Don Mejillone ahead of you and was extracting himself from the barrier when you came sliding into him and launched his car in the air. He extracted himself a 2nd time. 🤪

Got myself a little memento to remember the cars that I could actually drive...
Nice model of the M3. 1/64 scale?

Congratulations to Joe on his win in this BMW championship
All without aids :-)
352f36ef918afb394ee69a7a1a626e771bb41c5c_hq.gif

Also to podium men Andreas and Mario
(And to newcomers raeggee and Zolon for their high placing!)

And thanks to all who took part. 👍
It wouldn't be the same without you. I'd be racing around by myself!

I hope you all enjoyed it at least at some point here and there.
And maybe I'll see you all in the rally cars for a bit of fun!!

That would be great Joe, if your not using them, but I was thinking may be upgrading to Pros. Its Rich's pots need cleaning Paul, fixed my cable though.
I don't think they are worth the price. I get used them for 4 years and can see only one advantage over non Pro version - GT style posibility (I bought them jus to this reasson). In you don't need that - T-LCM would be better choice (if you are thinking about new pedals). Load cell vs potentiometers is far better and acurate.

Its Rich's pots need cleaning Paul,
Oh yeah. I forgot @richroo is the one who's a bit potty.
Hope your back is improving Rich? We missed you yesterday. That's better than hitting you I suppose.

I forgot to mention above.

Thanks to @half_sourly, @AndreasR for their contributions to the scoring.
I say it each time but I don't want for your input to go in unnoticed. It's much appreciated.
And of course as usual to @John Wells for his photographic work.
And to everyone who posts regularly, it keeps the thread alive.
👍

I watched that on the replay and had to smile. Poor @Zolon32. He'd just had a coming together with @Don Mejillone ahead of you and was extracting himself from the barrier when you came sliding into him and launched his car in the air. He extracted himself a 2nd time. 🤪
Really? I noticed a sudden side impact but never saw any car so I thought it was a barrier. If you have a replay of the race (forgot to save it myself) I suggest you make one of those creative videos you do so well, showing us Zolon's full predicament in slow motion! 😜

Really enjoyed the enduro last night, loved that car!! Didnt really like the other two BMW's, maybe they were too technical for me. The track was great too, although simple, i did know it, and as it was short so, as embarassing as it was to be lapped!! it was added interest to watch out for the leaders coming by and knock them off, oh i mean, plan a suitable place to move out the way in good time. And yes i saw the headlights flashing as a 'thank you' for moving out the way, nice touch. If i try and flash my headlights, the windscreen wipers come on!
The sence of speed in those cars, with those corners was exhilarating, flowed nicely. I liked the fact the braking had to be feathered for everyone, and nobody could just slam the brakes on 100%
If the race was only 1 lap, id have WON, im taking that.
We all like different things which is great, loved the caterhams , didnt like the main BMWs, probably because mine was brown. And looking forward to yet another 'very different' series with lots of variation. Well done Paul and all podiums, very well done to my old teammate @Saltyjoe90 (come BACK to me son)

Last edited:
@John Wells I agree with @Napalm_LT , may as well upgrade to the T-LCM for the extra £50/60, they've just gone down in price on Amazon actually so you'll get them cheaper than I did!

Or if you want my T300s just let me know, no charge but you'll need to reimburse me for postage :)

@Pantheons you were at the top for a good while, I was cheering you on in my head. I need to figure out how to flash my lights now, that will be fun in the group B with their 50 million watt lighting rigs.

@Pantheons all your cars will now be brown. Unless you're in my team of course. :mischievous:

And yes i saw the headlights flashing as a 'thank you' for moving out the way, nice touch.
I tried to do that but only managed it correctly a couple of times because I kept forgetting I'd remapped my button. Me activating my non existent KERS function didn't really have the same effect I found. So to anyone who moved aside for me I was kering you.

I suggest you make one of those creative videos you do so well,
Hmm, we'll see.

I don't think they are worth the price. I get used them for 4 years and can see only one advantage over non Pro version - GT style posibility (I bought them jus to this reasson). In you don't need that - T-LCM would be better choice (if you are thinking about newpedals). Load cell vs potentiometers is far better and acurate.
Thing is Napalm I can't really a ford, something like you have, I'm on a budget. Can't really have anything to expensive. Seen the Pros for about on £99, I have brake mod on mine.

I did some practice races with Al on 70/70, online was great car Paul.

Thanks Joe that would be really good, cheers. We can sort out postage, just let me know.

Last edited:
Hello fellow pilots! Let me congratulate Paul for the incredible organization, it's really a treat to participate in such a well-run series!

My Daytona race yesterday was unbelievable... Great pace from the start, and only one (fatal) mistake spinning at pit entry while leading. PC2 was too harsh disqualifying... Anyway, this setup of one-hour night-and-day Sports car race is so thrilling, hope it can be repeated someday.

I will try to drop by when I can, the group B's look great!

Cheers everyone, enjoy the summer!

Paul you do have some truly Amazingly Mad Video-Editing Skills!!!! Fantastic And ... poor Zolon, thankfully mics were off he must have cursed some unspeakable words, some directed at me! :lol:
It's only done with the PS4's free Share Factory program. It's a little bit fiddly but quite powerful once you get used to it (I'm still learning). And I don't think Zolon knew who/what hit him. Although he does now!

Hi fellas, congratulations to everyone at the sharp end of this championship, especially Salty on his win.

My brain's wiring has difficulty translating images into the necessary fake 3D effect when the lighting begins to change. I have to drive with only approximate information, which leads to mistakes, which leads to frustration, which triggers behaviour I'd rather not engage in. Hence stepping down from Monday's race.

Over all, though, it has been a brilliant series, and I've come to love PCars2 in a way I never thought possible. So I have a lot to thank Paul for.

I'll practice the B class monsters against AI in the dark, and hopefully I can re-wire myself a bit. Wouldn't want to miss a series where the fastest guys have to hand the keys to their fastest cars over. It sounds like a recipe for some excellent racing.

See you all at... well, wherever the hell it is!

I'll practice the B class monsters against AI in the dark,
The time will be fixed for those. It'll be one lighting condition for each race during the session, no transitions while driving. So hopefully that'll help.

See you all at... well, wherever the hell it is!
Monaco, well sort of. Which will be interesting in those cars!

Back