The BMW Championship
1997-BMW-logo.png

Featuring the

BMW M3 Sport EVO (Grp A)

BMW M3.jpeg

And the BMW M1 Procar
BMW M1.jpeg

Mondays @ 8pm (UK). Starting May 17th

Each meeting will consist of 2 races, one 20 minute race in the M3 followed by one 35 minute race in the M1. Each race will have a 5 minute qualification session. The overall meeting length will be about 1 ½ hours.

The M3 qualifier will be at 10:00 (game time) with the race at 11:00
The M1 qualifier will be at 15:00 and the race at 16:00
Time progression x2

I have created a random weather generation system that avoids the too extreme variations that PC2 sometimes throws at you. So there wont be thunderstorms, storms or blizzards. Everything else will be a possibility though - in both races!

Here's the system I will use (subject to maybe some adjustments).
Click below.
Don't worry about the D numbers, they are just the type of dice I roll.

D12 - Month and season from month picked
D30 - Date.

D4/6/10 - Weather patterns. (Depends on length of race)

Then for each slot - unless early rain is required then adapt to suit.

Rain possibility
Summer - D10 (1 or 2) = 20% chance.
Spring - D8 (1 or 2) = 25% chance
Autumn - D10 (1 to 3) = 30% chance
Winter - D6 (1 or 2) = 33% chance

Snow possibility if rain chosen
Summer = 0%
Spring - D10 (1) = 10% chance
Autumn - D8 (1) = 12.5% chance
Winter - D10 (1 or 2) = 20% chance

Fog possibility.
Summer D20 (1) = 5% chance
Spring D10 (1) = 10% chance
Autumn D8 (1) = 12.5% chance.
Winter D10 (2) = 20% chance

Possibility of slightly worse weather. (Light to Heavy)
Summer/Spring D10 (1 or 2) = 20%
Autumn D8 (1 or 2) = 25%
Winter D10 (1 to 3) = 30%

If no rain, snow or fog picked at all the weather (clouds) will be randomly chosen but also adapted to the season.

For non rainy (etc) slots the weather will be manually set to suit the the sequence of events.

For this series races the random sequence will be one of these.

M3
1 slot = 1 pattern
2 slots / Sync = 2 patterns approximately 10 minute intervals. Rain best in 1st slot.
3 slots / Sync = 3 patterns. Group 2 dry for a 13 min period. Rain best 1st.
4 slots / x 10 = 3 patterns with probable 4th. Similar to above but with the extra slot.
3 slots / x5 = 2 patterns. Slight chance of a 3nd.

M1
1 slot = 1 pattern
2 slots / x2 = 2 patterns with a late change.
2 slots / Sync = 2 patterns with a change at approximately 17½ mins
3 slots / Sync = 3 patterns with changes at approximately 11½ minute intervals.
4 slots / x5 = 3 patterns. Possibly a 4th.
4 slots / Sync = 4 patterns at 8¾ minute intervals. Rain 1st and group maybe?

I'll generate the Month, day weather patterns and weather just before the races each week. That way I won't know what to expect until near race time.

The 2 races will be on different variations of the same circuit. The M3 on the shorter layout, the M1 on the longer. The M1 race will feature a compulsory pitstop to be taken at anytime.

Track list

Sakitto - Sprint / GP

Hockenheim - Short / GP

Watkins Glen - Short / GP

Dubai - National / International

Nürbergring - Sprint / GP

Barcelona - National / GP

Mugello - Short / GP

Silverstone - National / International

The season finale will be an endurance race at
Daytona Road Course

And will feature the
BMW V12 LMR
V12 LMR.jpeg

The season finale will be an hour long event and have a 10 minute qualifying session. It will feature a manual formation lap with a rolling start followed by a simulated 15 hour race. There will not be a compulsory pitstop - but you will probably need one.
It will not have random weather - It will be dry throughout!

A word of caution: Daytona has a very open pit entrance which you can approach at a higher speed than normal. DO NOT rely on the pit lane limiter to cut in. If you approach to quickly you will be disqualified by the game. Be careful and practice!

And please let's try to avoid crashing on the 1st corner at race start. It's a long race that will have plenty of further opportunities to overtake. ;)

As previously, could I ask everyone to press "ready" on the lobby screen when they are ready. Since the qualifying time is short, this will let me know when to start the track loading. There will be a short break before the longer race.

Click below for settings details
Basic Settings
Default setup (tuning prohibited)
Private - Invite only
Grid 16 slots
Fill vacant slots with AI - No
Standing Start
Wait for race ready - On

Rules & Penalties - On
Track Limit Penalties - On (depending on track)
Allowable Time Penalty - 25 (when on)
Drive Through Penalties - Off
Pit Exit Penalty - Off
Competitive Racing License - On

Conditions
Generally the tracks will be set to ideal conditions to promote good safe racing. Different weather conditions and time progression may be used from time to time, but will normally be announced in advance.

Realism Settings
Allow Auto Start Engine -Yes
Force Interior view - No
Force Driving Line Off - No
Force Default Setups - Yes
Force Manual Gears - No
Force Realistic Driving Aids - No
Allow Anti Lock Brakes - Yes
Allow Traction Control - Yes
Allow Stability Control - No
Damage Type - Visual Only
Mechanical Failures - Yes
Allow Ghosted Vehicles - Yes
Force Manual Pit stops - No
Pit Stop Errors - No
Tire Wear - Authentic
Fuel Depletion - On
Force cool down Lap - No

Last edited:
o8u1m7307yi01.jpg

Current participant count - 16
Reserve spaces available

All clean and respectful drivers are of course welcome welcome to join. We have a good selection of abilities so hopefully there will be someone to race against.

I've included the drivers that have raced with me previously. Hopefully they'd like to join in again.

@IfAndOr - M3 # 1 / M1 # 1 / V12 # 3

@John Wells - M3 # 9 / M1 # 8 / V12 # 46

@half_sourly - M3 # 15 / M1 # 43 / V12 # 39

@AndreasR - M3 # 59 / M1 # 72 / V12 # 30

@Oldbass47 - M3 # 27 / M1 # 86 / V12 # 29

@Maxmusmonster - M3 # 60 / M1 # 73 / V12 # 31

@Napalm_LT - M3 # 29 / M1 # 32 / V12 # 13

@xeronima - M3 # 26 / M1 # 85 / V12 # 28

@Don Mejillone - M3 # 30 / M1 # 33 / V12 # 11

@richroo - M3 # 14 / M1 # 42 / V12 # 38

@beachboy6658 - M3 # 44 / M1 # 35 / V12 # 20

@Hun200kmh - M3 # 8 / M1 # 7 / V12 # 45

@Pantheons - M3 # 45 / M1 # 36 / V12 # 21

@Saltyjoe90 - M3 # 20 / M1 # 27 / V12 # 35

raeggee - M3 # 21 / M1 # 28 / V12 # 36

@Zolon32 - M3 # 2 / M1 # 6 / V12 # 4

Reserve
@Adrian_38
@GTP_RPREGO

Drivers who may be interested?
@slthree
@RagingBullLC
@Skip7950

Team Information.

Calculated from the average finishing positions over our Caterham series,

IfAndOr & Zolon32

GTP_Hun & johnwells69

xeronima & Oldbass47

Simba2009Lora & Maximusmonster

Napalm_LT & Don-Mejillone

Saltyjoe90 & raeggee

guitar3rich & half_sourly

Pantheons & beachboy66

Team car numbers/colours are allocated above.

Last edited:
can't wait to see the bottles of champagne and the trophys the organiser has for the podium every week !
I'd got some bottles in and labeled them all up with the finishing positions ready to go. But then thought I'd better just test them to make sure they were OK. I'll get some more. :)
20170911_005307.png

Last edited:
I'll race a JCB excavator if that's what you're setting up!
Hmm, I hadn't thought of that. So who's got Farm Simulator then? :P

Suggestion - endurance race like we will have next Monday can be final round of championship with 4xposition points.
Maybe! Who knows what might happen. ;)
Well someone knows what might happen. I think!

The featured cars are because I won? Yeah I really like the ?? a lot, and definitely do not dislike the ?? also ! :D

John, we're going to :mad: crush :mad: them all! No mercy! :P

Paul, I have one request. I tried to change my three letters because Ricardo also uses a GTP account, but it doesn't work, at least not online, same letters (GTP) show up no matter what I do. So and since I have an old PSN account unused I decided to revive it. That account is FLAT_TWELVE (letters that show up on-screen during the events should be FLA).

So if there's no problem with this, I ask that my entry for the next F Renault race and indeed this championship is with that FLAT_TWELVE account. If agreed I will proceed to send Friend Requests to you all from that account.

Cheers! :cheers:

If agreed I will proceed to send Friend Requests to you all from that account.
That's fine by me, it was a little confusing seeing 2 GTPs. Does it cause your scoring any problems @half_sourly?

You can change your Sony user name once for free. I'm not sure if upsets PC2 though, some games can get confused.

The featured cars are because I won?
Not entirely, I'm being a bit cryptic. There's a clue in there.

Last edited:
Looks like i need to get the Ferrari DLC pack?
Ah, yes, sorry about that. I keep forgetting to tag you to say that I was using the track. It might go on sale so I could move it in the running order if you'd like?

Edit: Actually the deluxe edition of PC2 which includes all the season pass dlc was on sale recently for less than an individual pack. So it might be worth waiting.

Last edited:
Just checked and its not on offer now. That was a bargain.

I'm in the same boat. Looks like it's £25 for season pass at the mo, that's more than I spent on the game! How much was it on the sale? If Mugello can shift towards the back of the schedule that gives about 2 months for a potential sale to pop up. I'd appreciate the delay if it's not too much hassle! Need those £££ to drown my sorrows after crashing out along with my championship points :cheers:.

Oh, I see ... :D
So you've got it then. ;) I should give you extra points but you don't need them. :P
Models to follow.

it must definitely be the 125cc and 250cc SMS Karts
If PC2 still had the shifter and super karts that were in PC1 we definitely would have been using them sometime. They were fun. I'm not sure why they were taken out.

@Pantheons - I wasn't sure if you'd noticed that I've moved Mugello to near the end of the track list. Hopefully there might be a sale in the store by then.

I wasn't sure if you'd noticed that I've moved Mugello
Yes, thank you. Ive no idea how often these things come on sale, but i'll try to check every few days? and if anyone else see's it, please let us know. £8 for the deluxe was a pretty hefty discount.
While I remember, I was going to apologies (mostly to my new team mate @beachboy6658 ) for having to miss the 1st race (17th May), but i might just be able to make it, albeit with little practise, so dont hang around for me.

Probably Old Rusty Super Cup Hybrid Engines
It's a good job I didn't go for the Agajanian Watson Roadster. I'd have had trouble with that. :boggled:

Ive no idea how often these things come on sale, but i'll try to check every few days?
The general sales often run on a monthly basis but they throw in other discounts occasionally to. My Blueray drive recently packed in and luckily the base game was on sale for £6 at the time so I went digital. I'll keep looking HERE. :)

Anyway the thread is now updated with the big reveal. :D

I love the group A M3!

Mario, Simon and myself actually had a go earlier in the M1, it was very tricky adapting to that after blasting around in the Formula Renault!

I've concluded that F1 drivers have it too easy, so much easier to drive than the slidey Caterhams and big BMW's...
They're just massively overpowered go karts, back to proper cars after Monday :lol:

Back