The B M W Championship - FinishedPS4 

• Thread starter IfAndOr
  • 360 comments
Newest (and the last I think) purchase is ready to use.

05F89463-2B30-4BD5-BF14-A810A18B0ED2.jpeg

554671B4-9C8E-4DE5-B942-84DCBE15BFF4.jpeg

BTW I will be able to do the first race only today.

Newest (and the last I think) purchase is ready to use.
Ah that's what was in the box, nice. I'll have run a series with cars that only have 1 or 2 gears. :mischievous:

What's that device ahead and above the gear lever in the 1st picture? Sound/audio perhaps?

BTW I will be able to do the first race only today.
OK. 👍
Thanks for letting me know, I'd have been waiting for you to rejoin otherwise.

Number 11 ???
Would that be athe orange one by any chance? :)

Last edited:
Lovely gear @Napalm_LT I was really fancying a stick shift for these BMWs, much more immersive and fun

Yes, immersive is better with H-Shifter, but ATM I am slower with it and need some time to get used to it.

I'm beginning to get the feeling that Napalm has got far too much money...
I am sure many of you have more maney than me, I just don't drink, don't smoke, don't have mistress, gave up travel and other entertainment :).

Ah that's what was in the box, nice. I'll have run a series with cars that only have 1 or 2 gears. :mischievous:

What's that device ahead and above the gear lever in the 1st picture? Sound/audio perhaps?

OK. 👍
Thanks for letting me know, I'd have been waiting for you to rejoin otherwise.

Would that be athe orange one by any chance? :)
Ohhh Yes it is ! :D

Question; 2nd race pit stop wet / dry, you arrange your own pit strategy or do you choose Default strategy... ?

And do you have to (can you) add fuel or this is automatically arranged ?

Greetings Don

Napalm will, of course, be subject of a time penalty for having such groovy gear Paul, I take it?
He's taking a self imposed penalty of missing the 2nd race. :)

**There is a points bonus multiplier being introduced for this series to help out team mates when one of them is absent. It seemed fairer than a total loss of points. So with Napalm missing that will come into effect.
(Thanks to @half_sourly for the idea 👍)

Question;
You can do as you feel fit Don. Fuel will probably be OK, but it's worth checking as you progress. Since there is a compulsory pitstop for the M1 race the choice of whether to change the tyres tyres is up to you really. The default pitstop can't be relied on to change tyres (or even fit the correct type) so it's best to make a preset strategy beforehand. Or change it on the fly during the race via the in car menus - bit fiddly I know but OK once you get used to it.

Last edited:
Yes, immersive is better with H-Shifter, but ATM I am slower with it and need some time to get used to it.

Definitely slower and unless some game has a "Force manual H shifter" option (very unlikely, the buggers cost money) in online use it will be very rare to see them in action. I own the Thurstmaster equivalent and I do love to use it (and the clutch pedal) offline, just addds to the immersion of the experience

I am sure many of you have more maney than me, I just don't drink, don't smoke, don't have mistress, gave up travel and other entertainment :).

Mistress already qualifies as other entertainment ... but you're right, Project Cars 2 is way better

not pretty but dose the job.
Is that the Challenging Playseat? ;)
Actually the seat looks very comfortable. Mine hasn't got much padding left so I get a numb bum after a long session.

For those who haven't seen it here's a picture of my "Set up". It's from a little while ago but nothing much as changed. Except the seat padding!
IMG_20190529_120408.jpg

My Direct Drive DD3 wheel is just out of camera shot. :P

yes it was from ikea still not sure i put the right screws in the right holes!

oh like the carpet have you got the curtains to match ;)
As long as you're not sitting on and protruding screws It's probably fine.

That carpet could do with replacing but it's too much trouble to take everything out of the room. :)

Sorry about having to restart. I did set the race length correctly but PC2 can't have saved it when I came out. Or I pressed the wrong button! I did think about having a 1¼ hour endurance in the M3, but I didn't think about it for long. We'd have all been giddy going around Sakkito sprint.

It all went quite well. Although the random grid in the M3 race from the lack of qualifying caused a few problems. It'll be better next time.

My esteemed score keeper and myself have decided to abandon the missing teammate multiplier idea since it's too difficult to operate if drivers don't do one race or disconnect in another. So it's back to the much simpler DNF is awarded points but a DNS has none.

And as I said in the chat I think the M1 race would be better at 35 minutes then hopefully I can save the full replay if needed for checking. I think I only had 34 mins of our 40 min race!

Last edited:
Not a bad night all things considered. 4th with the M3 starting from dead last in the random grid. And 4th with the M1 after an unexpected 2nd pitstop in the penultimate lap. Big congratulation is due to @Saltyjoe90, he was relentless in pursuit the entire race, was clever undercutting me, gained the lead, slight mistake he lost it but kept the pressure at a very high level and I cracked. Very impressive!

@half_sourly, just a heads up, from reading the right side of the table I think raeggee got 10 points, you credited them in the teams table but not in the individual scores.

Back