The B M W Championship - FinishedPS4 

• Thread starter IfAndOr
  • 360 comments
After last week's sunny all the way a few rolls of the Weather Dice™ have resulted in some interesting permutations for this evening. I'll just say that they haven't been quite so kind as last week, but it's not too bad.

The track will be nice and warm though - today's race is set to the 14th August.

See you all later. Well except those above. :)

Last edited:
Results from Hockenheim

Qualifying 1 and 2

Hockenheim Qualifying 1 and 2 MON.jpg

Race 1 and 2

Hockenheim Race 1 and 2 MON.jpg

Sorry for changing the format, but came a bit late

Well done all, especially @Saltyjoe90, it seems the Bimmers are your speciality!

I was very upset to miss this leg of the championship but I'll join the fun again at Watkins Glen. Zero practise since the Suzuka race, will try to play over the weekend.

A word also regarding raeggee. I know your quality but I never thought I'd see you 3rd in the championship, 2 races in. Good job :)

COME ON MONDAY!
Now what was that other game called? Oh yeah GTS. :D

A word also regarding raeggee.
He's doing great, as is Zolon. As with anyone new joining it takes a few races to settle into the format and with everyone's driving styles.

i had great fun close racing with IF
Now if it wasn't for my incompetent pit crew not overruling my wrong tyre choice I'd have continued with that close racing. They should have known I'd pressed the wrong button at the wrong time. :)

Anyway zero practice from me so far as well. And that's because I've been working on the season finale endurance race. I've updated the 1st post HERE with the details. It's a bit shorter than the Formula Renault race at 1 hour. Please note the caution I've written about the pits.

I suppose we should keep the teams idea going for it so I'll have to go through the available liveries next. I know Don wants orange #11 and Max will probably want a green one. :)

I'll take this one I think.
MPPBARPLO64AAAMMD_.jpeg

Number 4 Zo?

Last edited:
Reminds me of Dusty.
Ah yes now you mention it, it does. He dropped into a PC2 online race room I was running sometime back. Surprised to see him. He was still fast!!

Pleeeeaaaase not s**t stain brown again (like my M1),its embarrassing, ideally blackish.
Oh dear! I didn't know, it was all relatively random. Think of the positives, it makes you drive faster so others can't see it. Anyway isn't brown a sort of light blackish? :P

Last edited:
Now what was that other game called? Oh yeah GTS. :D

He's doing great, as is Zolon. As with anyone new joining it takes a few races to settle into the format and with everyone's driving styles.

Now if it wasn't for my incompetent pit crew not overruling my wrong tyre choice I'd have continued with that close racing. They should have known I'd pressed the wrong button at the wrong time. :)

Anyway zero practice from me so far as well. And that's because I've been working on the season finale endurance race. I've updated the 1st post HERE with the details. It's a bit shorter than the Formula Renault race at 1 hour. Please note the caution I've written about the pits.

I suppose we should keep the teams idea going for it so I'll have to go through the available liveries next. I know Don wants orange #11 and Max will probably want a green one. :)

I'll take this one I think.
View attachment 1013286

Number 4 Zo?
Could I have #47 please

I've updated the list with the drivers assigned car numbers for the V12 LMR race. I hope everyone likes their colours. It was slightly random and slightly not. :)

Could I have #47 please
You certainly could have if there was a number 47. Unfortunately there isn't. The closest was number 46 which (other than the Belgium flag stripes) is a bit white. So I've assigned you the more colourful #29, a nice blue, yellow and white one. Hope this is OK.

For today's race the DRWG (Dice of Random Weather Generation©) have predicted that the conditions will be generally fine. After a cloudy start it will clear up as the day progresses.

Last edited:
I struggled at Watkins this week, didn't get much practise (and I always need lots of practise!). But did enjoy the close racing i did have. Again pitted and exited with the same worn tyres, i've really got to sort that out. I assumed the pit crew would have changed them for a new set at least (on auto). I guess you need to select new tyres even if its not a change of tyre types. Can you set the default for new tyres, or do you always have to tell them to put new ones on? Very well done @Saltyjoe90 you are on fire (not literally).
@richroo good video, nearly held them off on the last lap, good racing.

Last edited:
I struggled at Watkins this week, didn't get much practise (and I always need lots of practise!). But did enjoy the close racing i did have. Again pitted and exited with the same worn tyres, i've really got to sort that out. I assumed the pit crew would have changed them for a new set at least (on auto). I guess you need to select new tyres even if its not a change of tyre types. Can you set the default for new tyres, or do you always have to tell them to put new ones on? Very well done @Saltyjoe90 you are on fire (not literally).
@richroo good video, nearly held them off on the last lap, good racing.

I did some research according pit strategies and found one think I didn't know (some of you - too I think). I always thaught since we use default setup and tuning is locked, we have default tyre pressure for pit stop too. NO, it isn't. If you saved pit strategie, based on actual car Default stretegie - YES, tyre pressure will be default, but if you have only one saved strategie egz, no fuel, soft tyres and no damage repier and use two different cars, tyre pressure will be the same for both cars (wrong for one of them or both).
So, I had few strategies, based on Formula Renault race (Soft, Wet, Soft+fuel and Wet+fuel), and the tyre pressure was set to 1,35/1,29 (default for Formula Renault), but default tyre pressure for M1 is 1,51/1,41 (M3 - 1,60/1,52) - thats why I was 1-2 seconds slower after pit stop even with lighter car.

So, conclusions:
1. Always use default pit strategy and don't care about anything, but understant what yourd crew can ad wrong type of tyres or didn't change them at all.
or
2. Save different strategies for different cars with default tyres pressure and use right strategie for actual car (you can change strategie on the fly but it is very distracting, you can see this on Marios video abowe :) ).

And one more thing - default tyre pressure always the same and doesn't depend on tyre type, date, track conditions and etc., so it is usefull adjust it for actual race conditions and have advantages over others, but since we use default set ups I would call this as cheating.

Excellent work detective @Napalm_LT , looks like you've cracked the mystery of the strange tyre behaviours. I set up a soft tyre pit strategy specifically for the M1, so the tyre pressures should be appropriate for that car, hence being able to catch you from 8+ seconds behind yesterday after pit stops.

As for tuning tyre pressures, we cannot change the pressures on the first set anyway, so if anyone has the set up knowledge to find a better pressure on the second set (considering that we don't know track conditions until the race) and be able to adapt within the race two different tyre behaviours, then I'd say fair enough, good effort. Add to this that you might find the perfect pressure for softs on a certain track, then it rains... :lol: I for one cannot be bothered putting the time into that amongst all the other things I have to practice, so happy to agree on calling it cheating :D.

Thing it for tyre pressures, I wouldn’t know if it’s best to increase it or decrease it anyway. I understand the basic principle for my road car. At a guess I’d say higher pressure is better if there are more straights, but you have all the other variables too. Too detailed for little ol me to be bothered with as a casual racer. But I at least need the right tyres and / or new tyres
But I get you point @Napalm_LT about a setup for that car, I’m amazed it works like that. I guess your saying when you setup a pit strategy it takes the default for that car at that time, if you then use that strategy on a different car race, it also keeps the old tyre pressures too. Crazy!
No wonder I’m not 1st lol
So, best to always make a new stragety for each race, or in our case , have two sets, one called M1 (stragety1, 2 3) and M3 ( stragety 1,2,3), BUT only make it when you have that car selected
Bit of a pain for people that like to race all sorts of cars and pits
Yes picking a stragety mid race it a pain, and more likely to crash you, or lose time finding it. I remember Mario’s video trying to find a stragety lol

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back