The B M W Championship - FinishedPS4 

• Thread starter IfAndOr
  • 360 comments
While we're on a theme I'll just add that my azalea hasn't done too well this year. Last year I transplanted it from a pot into the garden and it's looking a bit upset about it. Perhaps it's Because More Water is required.

OK back to the racing. :)
Not surprised if i got kicked out the house and had to freeze my b//€ off don't think i'd be happy !
Green fingers says it might need a bit of tlc , have you feed it kept it moist ?

Results from Dubai

Race 1

Dubai MON Race 1.jpg

Race 2

Dubai MON Race 2.jpg

@richroo sorry for accident on the last lap, I didn't see you are coming inside. Acctually you didn't need to pass me - I had 20 s penalty anyway.
I was very slow on last lap, because was on slick's and track became all wet just in one lap (Paul got me with his wheather settings :) ). Seems change to new wets in the middle race would be far better.
According jump start I had another interesting experience - my engine turned off at start, I was starting it with 1 gear engadget and cluch depressed, but car moved a bit when engine started (jump start :( ), right after that were greens.

Last edited:
Seems change to new wets in the middle race would be far better.
Yes and no. Either strategy had its merits.

I of course knew what the weather patterns were but because of the random times the sequence changes I wasn't sure if it would actually rain again. So I took the risk of fitting some new wets. It might have paid off but I think that maybe the new tyres were at the wrong pressure (!) because they began to overheat and loose traction very quickly. Mario pulled away from me and Xero caught up with me*. It did rain again but it came a little too late for my strategy to be successful.

*I pressed my secret host's button that disconnected Mario but I can only press it once per race so couldn't use it again on Xero. :sly:

Plus, as I mentioned on the PSN messages, in my excitement I'd managed to pull my wheel forward on its desk mount while rounding the hairpin. I spent a lap or so driving one handed while trying to temporarily secure it. I must have another word with my pit crew, they are blaming it on the nut behind the wheel.

Quick review and POV video

Race 1 - great battle with Napalm for many laps, thanks for that. SaltyJoe was on another level entirely. 1:31 .... wow!

Race 2 - The one that got away. In any case, great battle with Paul this time.

Just watch my video from 1:13:30 to 1:13:35. Now I know how Max Verstappen felt with a tyre blowout 3 laps from the end of the race.

EDIT - Interesting, although I kept racing until the 4 minutes mark, in Rich's video the problem is evident much sooner. From RIch's POV my car stops on track some 6 minutes before the race ends.

Last edited:
"Let's see what these headlights do, get out there and smack those apexes" made me laugh. It reminded me why I have that turned off. :P

In any case, great battle with Paul this time.
Indeed. For safety reasons I didn't want to get to close while it was raining, but once it stopped I began to push some more. Great shame you disconnected. I didn't see what happened to your car I just got the message on screen.

Being a masochistic I rewatched my POV video for both races. And I have to say they feature two fantastic race-long "battles". I knew about it of course (mentioned them in my quick review) but even then it is amazing to notice just for how long I was, in both races, battling a car that was less then a second in front or following my own.

So, in the BMW M3 race my race with Napalm starts at the start (pun intended) and only ends past the 15 minute mark of a 20 minute race (4:50 to go). For the better part of 1/4 of an hour we were bumper to bumper.

And in the 35 minutes M1 race the same happened with Paul. we only get a few seconds between us after 25 minutes (and that, I know now, was because Paul chose a risky tyre strategy) !!!!

If you guys just pick random moments of both races from my POV video you will get just how intense this last monday was. Regardless of the (obviously dissapointing) late disconnect in the M1 race, these were great races.

Sorry I couldn't race Monday, was not well, i nearly tried to make it anyway lol (idiot), spent all day Tuesday in bed, and now i'm fine, typical!! Watched Rich POV second race, nice wet start and night race, then wet again, complicated. Looks like Mario pressed the ejector seat button, and oh the last lap wooes for some. Tricky race, quite a lot of changing around.

It is a little flamboyant, I got a bit carried away. More subtle examples are possible. :)

It's clever because you only have to make a livery once and it can be transfered between cars.

While I'm at it another BMW
Project CARS 3_20210303160715.jpg

Last edited:
If anyone is around and fancies a few Friday Fun races this evening I'll open a lobby 7:30 to 8:00ish. Usual format, nothing serious, random cars on short tracks.

And while I'm here.
** The race on Monday will be set to the 23rd of November, so it will be quite cool. A few degrees colder than Dubai that's for sure. **

Last edited:
I think I've got a free afternoon so I might be around. Plus I'm not a sun lover either. Although saying that, it's quite dull at the moment, still warm though.

I must get the dice rolled later and get the weather forecast posted up here. And...

After a misty and dull start it should clear to become a pleasant late Autumn day.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back