The B M W Championship - FinishedPS4 

• Thread starter IfAndOr
  • 360 comments
Results from Nürburgring

Race 1

Nürburgring MON Race 1.jpg

Race 2

Nürburgring MON Race 2.jpg

and... btw the green hell is only called the nordschleife not the race track!!

Quick review and POV video

Race 1 - Not much to say, both Joe and Napalm were in a league of their own, all I could do was watch them battle it out for the win during the 20 minutes the race lasted. Must have been fun! 👍

Race 2 - My first victory in this BMW championship, I'll take it but I suspect had Napalm taken part it would be a different story.

I won this race in quali, when I decided, during the 1st flying lap, that: a) I was quicker than xeronima, but not enough to try an overtake during quali. b) Joe was quicker than me but he was going to struggle to get past xeronima too. c) we had a 2nd flying lap available. d) So I slowed down before starting it and let them both go.

It was a gamble but that got me pole, and made a win possible. Decision moment immediately after 38:45 into the video.

After the Suzuka ridiculous mistake, after being absent in Hockenheim, after being average and error prone at Watkins Glen, after the heartbreak of a disconnect on the way to the win at Dubai ... finally lady luck smiled at me! ;)

PS - Sorry if I seem "parochial" but again I have to say how glad I was to see my friend raeggee do well today. Hard to believe he got himself a PS4, PCars 2 and a PS4 compatible steering wheel just before this championship started. I spent the last few laps following the scrap between him, Richard and Simba and wondering in what order they would cross the line. Almost crashed because of it! :lol:

PS - Paul, I'm not lobbying or anything nefarious of the sort but I do I think the Joe&raeggee team is so strong we should really consider some points deduction in the teams section. Today they got nearly double the points of everyone else! You could go with a "for every 1 point won by a team above 30 in a single day ... that team loses two points" :D

@Hun200kmh - the team idea is having an overhaul at this very moment. @half_sourly has his supercomputer working out various permutations and I'm down in my secret laboratory creating plans for future series.

I have a plan for just teams that will include more members. No individual championship! That will probably be the series after the next one. I'm thinking some of you may be off on holidays, outside in the sunshine, doing family stuff etc, so the next series will be a shorter fun one to cover the summer months - not so crucial if you miss a race then.

The handicapping idea is on hold for the time being since it's proving to be tricky. The cars won't behave as I want them to. :)

Last edited:
@Pantheons and anyone else caught up in it, sorry about first lap in the M1, Rich made a quick correction to keep his grip on the exit kerb and in my hasty reaction i flew completely sideways, ended up upside down (thanks whoever tipped me over!) looking through a smashed windscreen the whole race, squinting in the dark :odd:.
I think i was right behind you, I dont know if it was my fault, darn replay wouldn't save, obviously apologies if it was (and for anything else). Im sure someone else can show us the close up action reply.
see my friend raeggee do well today. Hard to believe he got himself a PS4, PCars 2 and a PS4 compatible steering wheel just before this championship started.
Yes very good @raeggee, but when his real name is Pedro Lamy then he should be quite good. :-)

Last edited:
@IfAndOr I was only joking about the teams classification! :P
I know. :) But the team idea seems very popular so I thought it requires a bit of further development.

Hard to believe he got himself a PS4, PCars 2 and a PS4 compatible steering wheel just before this championship started.
I didn't know my championships were so popular. Internationally too! :D

looking through a smashed windscreen the whole race,
Oh dear, tricky! I thought they might have repaired that during the pitstop. Perhaps it depends on which options you have set.

I didn't know my championships were so popular. Internationally too! :D

You have no idea. I have a group of family&friends that usually watch the live broadcast of my races and raeggee was one of the most interested spectators of our races during the Caterham Cup!

Meanwhile, I noticed that Rich changed tyres during his pitstop, and also that he had some repairs done (cosmetic?). So he was stopped for 13 seconds (you can check this at 1:02:23 into his video).

I went for a Stop&Go strategy (everything OFF) and this meant I was released by my crew after only 5,6 seconds (1:14:35 into my own video).

7,4 seconds is a lot of time out on track, maybe I lost time because I was with worn out tyres, but I do think that with normal tyres degradation (and no weather changes) to keep the tyres for the entire race is probably the better option.

Btw, what's a cheeting strategy? LOL

Last edited:
It's the very least I could do. What with skittling Xero off last week, and Don this, I owe favours all over the place. I promise I'll try to settle down for Barcelona, or Benidorm, or wherever it is, honest.

It was very precise nudge, like if a neurosurgeon took up demolition derby. If you're ever capsized I'll repay the favour. See you in Bilbao :D

Yeah, the bonnet obscuring your view is still a problem. Also a lack of headlights can be a bit awkward in the dark! :)

Back to this post that I previsouly read without thinking properly. Now I have (quoting Gandalf) "Questions. Questions that need answering!"

1. WHY the lack of headlights?
2. @Saltyjoe90 lost the bonnet sure, but not the lights. It's true, they are out (check the "Oops" video at 1:20), but they aren't broken so why is that?
3. Could it be that the wiring goes through the bonnet?
4. Is it a glitch?
5. Joe turned them off by accident?
6. Could it be the the game simulates just how many Gs cause the filaments to break inside the lamps ?
(these are classic cars, remember, no xenon or led lighting)

I'm not sure I'll be able to sleep properly with all these lingering questions until we meet again in Burgos. :D

Last edited:
On some cars the game certainly does model broken headlamps. Possibly the Caterham Seven's sticky upy lights were prone to it? Probably the M1's pop up lights were difficult to include in the damage modeling so it was just easier to turn them off. I also noticed a few people's tail lights were also out, sometimes only the one.

Using just visual damage the game does sometimes, usually after a longish period, replace missing body parts. You can see them reappear on occasions. I noticed that on watching further into the replay Joe's car was repaired and his headlights were back on. Perhaps it was after his pitstop, I didn't check. Seems they forgot his windscreen though!

Does that aid your chance of a good nights sleep? :)

Yeah, the front left of the M3 gets too hot after 2 or 3 laps and it is hard to keep that one working!

Paul, this time I even had a bit of practise at Biarritz :D but a good friend (brit living in Algarve, car nut also) is coming to Lisbon next monday and invited me for dinner we have not met in a while due to this pandemic nonsense. So ... I'll have to miss the race, sorry about it, feel free to fill the vacant spot if you have anyone for that day.

Meanwhile, today I'm taking part in a Suzuka 12 hours race with ACC on PC (dragged by my son to be his team mate), if you want to take a look the official stream is here

Latest Posts

Back