The Best - and Worst - Car Industry April Fool Gags of 2021

BMW
adorab10.jpg

I can just imagine the board meeting at Porsche.

"So we're going to do an April Fools joke about selling special rusty cars, can you imagine?"

"You know Hans we could probably sell that as an actual option, I bet people would be willing to pay €10,000 or more for the privilege of owning a rusty Porsche!"

"Ach du lieber Himmel! Jurgen you're a genius! Ingrid come in here quick! We need to get Klaus on the phone right now!"

"So we're going to do an April Fools joke about selling special rusty cars, can you imagine?"

"You know Hans we could probably sell that as an actual option, I bet people would be willing to pay €10,000 or more for the privilege of owning a rusty Porsche!"

"Ach du lieber Himmel! Jurgen you're a genius! Ingrid come in here quick! We need to get Klaus on the phone right now!"
Damn right it would work, if they can sell 'relic'd' guitars for a small fortune (and they can) then no reason why it can't work with cars.

Brand-new (honest) and over £6k

95b4a30c-2dde-467a-afde-f53ae2f24f97.jpeg

Last edited:
The Porsche patina joke is so obvious that it is a joke. :P

I have never heard of rusted (plastic) synthetic bumpers and side skirts.

upload_2021-4-4_12-5-12.png

:lol:

You write for Donut Garage, don't you? :D

The Porsche patina joke is so obvious that it is a joke. :P

I have never heard of rusted (plastic) synthetic bumpers and side skirts.
Well, the gag is that it's in the paint, so it wouldn't matter what surface the paint is applied to.

Is it bad that I kinda want the Porsche patina paint to become a thing, just to see if it ends up being popular?

Something something there's a market for everything...

Well, the gag is that it's in the paint, so it wouldn't matter what surface the paint is applied to.
It is still ridiculous whether it is in the paint or not. Everyone knows that plastic doesn't rust and thus making this joke clearly a joke.

Back