Australia
Canberra
Unwired-Eddie
I thought I'd test a few cars on various tracks ... :) 👍

... then a few turned in to lots ... :ill:

... then I kept finding new cars ... :crazy:

... then I looked at how much I'd spent buying them all ... :ouch:

... and I still have to take photos of them. :nervous:

Anyway, here's all the '04, '05, and '06 production cars I could find to buy in the showrooms. Sorry it's a .txt file attachment but I'm not about to try copying this all out again.

Edit:
Each car was driven for 30.8km
Each car took about 15 minutes to run through all tests
Every FF car fell off the road at turn 4 of High Speed Ring
Every FF car flicked the rear wheels in to the dirt on the final turn at Twin Ring - West
Every 4WD and MR car went on the dirt at turn 1 of Autumn Ring
B-Spec Bob only gained 2 Machine Skill points across the course of the tests

Added .zip file with spreadsheet data

Pics now available - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=65458

Attachments

• Roadtest.txt
    4.7 KB · Views: 90
  • RoadTestSorted.zip
    8.1 KB · Views: 37
Chris Criswell
I wish more people would use MPH ;)
Isn't our country the only country to use mph? Because from what I read, the rest of the world uses kph. So that's why many people use kph on GTP. And we could always translate kph to mph on the internet, even though it would be a pain...

Apologies to the thread creator for going off-topic. Your info is pretty intresting to look at, even though it is slightly unorganized...

somebody
I thought I'd test a few cars on various tracks ...then a few urned into lots...

Good Lord...

Thanks for posting this. Its good to have. Man, are we compiling performance data on cars, or what? So many people (myself included) are doing tests like these. We seem compelled to do it...

Duck7892
Isn't our country the only country to use mph? Because from what I read, the rest of the world uses kph. So that's why many people use kph on GTP. And we could always translate kph to mph on the internet, even though it would be a pain...

Apologies to the thread creator for going off-topic. Your info is pretty intresting to look at, even though it is slightly unorganized...
As far as I know, yes.

Since I have so much time this summer, after I get back home, expect a test from me on sports cars on Cote D' Azur. 👍

Nice document, and I see the effort was not wasted at all. Great job. 👍

Duck7892
Your info is pretty intresting to look at, even though it is slightly unorganized...
Unfortunately the info doesn't cut'n'paste too well in to the forums format. I actually have the data saved in spreadsheet form now, so I'll add that as an attachment soon.

Ragnar1211
Nope - the USA is the only country stuck on an old system that was based on lengths of human body parts.

The metric system is far superior and easier to use.

However here in Canada we seem to be able to understand both inches and centimeters, miles and kilometers, pounds and kilograms.

Actually, we do use MPH mainly in the UK. The first speed units on the speedometer are mph, the road signs give distances in miles etc...

edit: Back on topic... ;)

The list seems pretty cool, it's formatted fine for me (the txt file, opened with notepad in win xp sp2). It doesn't appear to be formatted properly in the NFO viewer I use though, which is strange

The reason we use the old units (besides being stubborn) is because nobody wants to say their car makes "500 Newton-meters" of torque :yuck: Foot-pounds sounds much better :D
Anyway, here's the list with the top speeds converted to miles per hour (next to the kph speeds for comparison). Hope you don't mind, Somebody :) Just a simple conversion ratio (.6something).

Attachments

• RoadTestMPH.zip
    4.9 KB · Views: 16
I thought of doing something like this, testing out cars. I might go through with it when I have time and heck I might find that we have diffrent times. Now did you use B-Spec the whole time or did you drive them yourself? Because me personally id rather get the feel of the car and test them out myself.

Either way good job on your test and laying it out in that spread sheet.

Nice job, I'll be sure to look at this the next time I'm getting a showroom-new car (in GT).

JTSnooks
The reason we use the old units (besides being stubborn) is because nobody wants to say their car makes "500 Newton-meters" of torque :yuck: Foot-pounds sounds much better :D
Anyway, here's the list with the top speeds converted to miles per hour (next to the kph speeds for comparison). Hope you don't mind, Somebody :) Just a simple conversion ratio (.6something).
The akwardness of 'Newton-meter' is balanced out by kilowatt, which is much much cooler then horsepower. And if you're discussing ludicrously powerfull cars, you get to say megawatt. :D

Whatever man, kilowatts are for electricity, not cars. Horsepower still sounds better in my opinion :D If I wanted my car making kilowatts I'd buy a Prius :D I mean, horsepower has POWER in the name! Doesn't get any better than that :D We just have more manly units here in the US :D Even if they are confusing :crazy:

if you are still using 'horsepower' to refer to power, do you use the word 'candle power' to refer to lighting? teehee.

everyone should go download 'Lord it is hard to be humble when you are using the metric system' by Atom And His Package.

To the topic creator, if you ever want any help, i'd be glad to offer my assistance in your testing :P

Rport03
I thought of doing something like this, testing out cars. I might go through with it when I have time and heck I might find that we have diffrent times. Now did you use B-Spec the whole time or did you drive them yourself? Because me personally id rather get the feel of the car and test them out myself
I used B-Spec because it is more consistant than my driving. I've now taken all of the cars for a spin while I was doing the pics thread and my times vary greatly.

Thirdeye
To the topic creator, if you ever want any help, i'd be glad to offer my assistance in your testing :P
Thanks 👍 After spending approximately 12 hours putting together this one, I think I'll wait a while before doing another.

Having said that, I have started collecting ideas from around the GTP forums for my next test.

somebody
I used B-Spec because it is more consistant than my driving. I've now taken all of the cars for a spin while I was doing the pics thread and my times vary greatly.

Thats cool, I might try out a bunch of cars myself, and drive them myself instead of the B-Spec driver this way if someones else copies my test they could see how diffrent they drive from me. Well anyways monday I might start sometihng up.

rovens
Actually in britain we stll do use candle power to rate things like torches.

he aint kidding you know :lol:

ive seen a 1000 candle power torch. god, that thing HURTS when you shine it in ya eyes. its also as big as my head

Latest Posts

Back