The Bollinger B1 Is an Electrifying Sports Utility Truck for the Future

Hmm, it's quicker than it looks. I'm looking at that body and thinking of a Land Rover Defender, but that's not going to be slow as a Defender. It also looks better than a Jeep Wrangler. Yup, I would drive one of those. I mean, it's 10k more than a fully equipped Wrangler, but I bet I could end up saving money in the long run since I wouldn't have to pay for gasoline.

So, how does it keep the weight down?

Those performance stats are a surprise considering how it doesn't look very aerodynamic. Are they sure all those body panels will still be intact when accelerating under maximum load? :P

I like the design, it's utilitarian and works well for an off-roader. I also like the way they used geared hubs to allow for low range. Oh and the pass through into the frunk is awesome, I wish I could have something like that.

Range is a little meh but with 33" tires it's not really that surprising. I'd like to see them implement some sort of solar panel system for the roof that allows for better range.

So, how does it keep the weight down?

Lots of aluminium.

Bollinger will also make a 4 door version of the B1
Bollinger-FourDoor.jpg

“We always wanted to make a 4-Door version of the B1,” said Robert Bollinger, Designer and CEO. “And our assistant designer Ross Compton and I developed a great sketch. The vehicle still has great proportions and its amazing off-road capabilities remain intact since we only had to stretch the chassis by 9 inches”.

The longer version of the “world’s first all-electric sport utility truck” brings the overall length of the vehicle to 159 inches (4 meters), with the wheelbase measuring 114 inches (2.9 meters).
CarScoops

Back