The Bolt Nano Is an Electric Car From the World's Fastest Man Usain Bolt

Heh... how cute! ^_^ I sometimes often joke that Usain Bolt could start an F1 race by himself being so fast. I actually wasn't expecting a car like this named for Usain Bolt. I was thinking of maybe something that could run circles around (no pun intended) the Koenigsegg Jesko or something. I am a fan of Usain Bolt, so I can appreciate the namesake here.

B-Nano reminds me of banana.
shayaraon.jpg

A 15 mile range seems pathetic even for a car with urban mobility-sharing in mind. Cities aren't all that small! For a longer drive, but still 100% (sub)urban in plenty of places, you'd have to stop mid-trip for a battery swap. Going one way.

Certainly not the service to hire for a drive from the airport to your relatives/friends on the other side of town.

This is a similar service to what Lynk & Co are trying to do. It's a start and they've started small. Hopefully it takes off.
Maybe I should buy some shares. Who knows? Could flop or grow like Google.

Certainly not the service to hire for a drive from the airport to your relatives/friends on the other side of town.

That's not what this is meant for. It's essentially the next evolution of those scooters that are popping up everywhere. According to the company they don't foresee most people using the B-Nano for anything more than 2 miles and I tend to agree with that. It's going to mostly be for people who don't have a car and live in a city to go to the grocery store or something and transport their stuff back to their apartment.

I'm not completely sold on the idea of the B-Nano and I absolutely hate those scooters that are everywhere, but I could see this working in certain cities. Especially cities with horrid public transportation systems.

That's not what this is meant for. It's essentially the next evolution of those scooters that are popping up everywhere. According to the company they don't foresee most people using the B-Nano for anything more than 2 miles and I tend to agree with that. It's going to mostly be for people who don't have a car and live in a city to go to the grocery store or something and transport their stuff back to their apartment.

I'm not completely sold on the idea of the B-Nano and I absolutely hate those scooters that are everywhere, but I could see this working in certain cities. Especially cities with horrid public transportation systems.

Like Toronto.

We have a few short-use car programs here and honestly, they're pretty great. $50 for the year and rates can sometimes be as low as $6/hr.

But they use existing cars, which means sticking to the current model of visiting gas stations. It's an imprecise system that makes it hard to track who didn't fill their share. Something like the B-Nano could actually make it all a lot simpler, since drivers would just have to make sure it's plugged in after use. Its short range would mean little down-time charging, too, and likely simplify the costs for membership.

It's certainly no replacement for traditional cars, especially outside of super-urban areas. But I could see it making plenty of sense in bigger cities, and I think people would vastly prefer something like this to public transit. Hell, I think a monthly pass on the TTC — which is easily the worst public transit system I've experienced — is now $150. Though the idea of it being used primarily for people getting back and forth to work would lead to its own infrastructure issues...

If there would be a ute or van version, people here would be all over that. Much cheaper to use to transport tvs, laundry, groceries, than using a taxi and renting a car.

Latest Posts

Back