The Bonus Livery Editor Challenge 01 (Christmas Special) - CLOSED

• Thread starter Cytoria
  • 23 comments

Cytoria

Premium
France
France
Cytoria
While we will keep the "main" LEC to its current state, we thought that it could be fun to have something outside this box.

These challenges will be based on the basic LEC rules, but with more freedom. The deadline will be more flexible, more bonus images will be allowed. But we will keep the usual showcase pics, so that it doesn't confuse people going from one to another.

THE THEME

The first of these new challenges will be season-themed : Christmas Special

No need to explain this one a lot... It's the holiday's season ! Just have fun making something related to Christmas or the New Year.

CARS :
- No restrictions
LIVERIES :
- No restrictions
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS :
- The theme of the livery must be Christmas, the Holidays or the New Year
BONUS PICTURE SETTINGS :
- You can have up to 3 bonus pictures
- At least the main one of them must be set in one of the « Season’s greetings » scapes selection.
- The two showcase pictures and the main bonus shot will be used in the poll, not the other shots which must be inside a spoiler.
USER MADE DECALS :
- No Restrictions

GENERAL COMPETITION RULES

ENTRY SUBMISSION

- The only way you can take part is to be a member of the GTPlanet forums. If you haven't created your account yet, click here
- Mark your FINAL ENTRY clearly, with red text.
- Unsure how to? Copy and paste the following:
Code:
[COLOR=red][B]FINAL ENTRY[/B][/COLOR]
- One entry per user. It must be your own work, and never previously used in a competition.
- You may change your entry once. Do it clearly; edit out your previous entry, and either post the new one in a new reply, or in place of the original.
- Do not post "Honourable Mentions" or outtakes - just your Final Entry, that's all.
- Absolutely no entries which utilize edited/hacked file saves.

- The Host may ask for the original image/livery and it must be submitted if so.
- It's recommended to share the original livery online (in-game) to prove it’s your work.
- Winner, second and third places will have to share the links of the liveries for the Hall of Fame thread

ENTRY PRESENTATION

- All posted images must not exceed 640 pixels in either direction (main and bonus pictures)
- You have to post two main pictures of your entry using the mandatory locations and settings as shown below
- You are allowed to post bonus pictures in a spoiler with free location and settings (unless the unique restrictions of the week’s theme specify something else)

- It is recommended you host your image either here on GTPlanet (via the Media section), or on Flickr
- Not sure how to submit your image? Here's a guide for both methods mentioned above.
- A preview image must be representative of the full-size image. Do not add effects to it.
- Please use a clickable-preview to full-size, not a separate text link for it; it makes poll creation much easier!
- No heavy post-game editing, slight enhancing is allowed.

MANDATORY PICTURES

- You have to post a front quarter view and a rear quarter view of your car.
- You can choose between the Shiretoko 03 location or the White Sands 01/09 locations. No other location will be allowed for the main pics.

- If you choose the Shiretoko location, please follow the settings in the spoiler below.
Car:
Detailed Settings:
- Key Lights: Off

Camera:

EV: +0.5

Effects:
Temperature: 9500 K

Screen Effects 1:
Mask: Background
Individual Colour Tone Correction:
- Saturation: 0
- Brightness: 500
- Contrast: 150 (This is key to controlling how light/dark the under-car shadow will appear)

Car Effects:
Individual Colour Tone Correction:
- Saturation: 125
- Brightness: 125
(Adjust these figures to suit the colour of the car)

- If you choose the White Sands 01/09 location, please follow the settings in the spoiler below.
Zoom: around 90mm at stock position
Aperture: f/32
Exposure Correction: +1.0
Shutter Speed: 1/1
Single AF on the A-pillar/mirror

Temperature: 6500
Color Cast Correction: 0.025

Screen Effect: Background Mask
Individual Correction:
Saturation: 100%
Brightness: 500
Contrast: 250
Highlight: 0

Car Effects:
Brightness 120

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, start a convo with me.

DEADLINE

January 6, 2019 (23:59, CEST/GMT+1)

FINAL ENTRY

1.jpg
2.jpg

The Black Baron returns....

On account of it's owner having a lousy time, being broke, hundreds of miles from girlfriend and being physically kaput, it's been redecorated... a Snowflake made from Hazard marking tape, a front wing wrapped with wrapping paper, and numerous other festive sentiments now adorn the car.

... anyway, I'm off to get drunk.

Despite my A110 not being eligible for my Vintage Road Racer theme, I liked it so much I decided to rework it for the Christmas LEC. I also finally took the time to learn how to make decals with Inkscape.

After doing some Googling, I found that Rudolph Racing was a real thing that raced Vipers in Belcar in the mid-2000s. Their logo was awesome, so I stole it and imagined the new Rudolph Racing was entering a 2 car team in the 2018 Historic Rally North Pole. The #24 car is driven by American Santa Claus and his British co-driver Father Christmas. The #25 car is driven by Frenchman Père Noël and his German co-driver Kris Kringle.

Just in time, but I had to present something ! At first I wanted to do a "Merry Christmas" livery with backdoor logos, in the spirit of the @Raphaele livery for the In-House series. But time has passed and I couldn't enter before Christmas, so it made more sense to create a Happy New Year livery, and the designated brand was easy to choose ! The car is made of blue triangles with yellow sponsors, and the white dots remind the Project 7 livery (or the Seen Through Glass F-Type R for those who know him ;) )

Back