THE CHALLENGE HUB, CHALLENGE COMPLETE

• Thread starter bjl23
  • 10,190 comments
Ok.. Did my x rays today again.. Told my doctor that I'm going to the gym and he said that I'm insane so I guess I'll wait few more days. The point is that I played GT little bit again.. @smoothbore12 I'd love to manage to get into @skeagracing school already this round.. I think it's amazing to have guy like him in this little team... I don't have enough progress in the game yet to enter.. I played Red Bull Junior Championship today and it was fun.. I'm saying that because I had one 100% clean race and if I may, I'll post it here when it uploads to prove 2 points.. First one is that I'm still useless with recording vids, second one is that it is good example how my races against AI looks like and why I probably can't be good enough in No tune competition.. Also it is fun and 100% clean race so if it's not considered spam, I'll post it here (it's 2 gb for 5 mins for some reason)...

I also gave a shot to K.O's 1 and 2... I have same conclusion for both of my times.. Just too much wheel spin.. In ford I cant get out of the last corner to have a good speed and with Lotus I drift everything good that I do during the race also in last corner...

View attachment 812324

View attachment 812323
You are so fast with these knockout races, I've been thinking you would be a div 1 NO-TUNE player. So I'm not sure why your saying your not fast, you don't need to crash and bash your way through the AI to get really good times.

I will try this one the best I can so we'll see... I'm fast on Trial Mountain so we will have answer when I do my best.. I just don't see making 20 sec better time than I did one I tried it today earlier... Honestly I can't even see 10 seconds better. I'll have to see where do I lose time... I don't use SRF but still I don't know if SRF is that much difference in slower car like Toyota where you can't really lose traction that easily anyways... I don't know the rules but if you are permitted maybe to post your best lap time in the race than I can see where do I lose time..

EDIT: also if you do everything right in first part of the track in K. O. s you can beat me.. Because maybe that's my final time.. And I lost 0.3-0.4 drifting around.. So expect times well below 33.0 from div1 guys..

I will try this one the best I can so we'll see... I'm fast on Trial Mountain so we will have answer when I do my best.. I just don't see making 20 sec better time than I did one I tried it today earlier... Honestly I can't even see 10 seconds better. I'll have to see where do I lose time... I don't use SRF but still I don't know if SRF is that much difference in slower car like Toyota where you can't really lose traction that easily anyways... I don't know the rules but if you are permitted maybe to post your best lap time in the race than I can see where do I lose time..

EDIT: also if you do everything right in first part of the track in K. O. s you can beat me.. Because maybe that's my final time.. And I lost 0.3-0.4 drifting around.. So expect times well below 33.0 from div1 guys..
Im faster with SRF on, the other settings I use are:
TC 0,
ABS 1 (sometimes 0),
ACTIVE STEERING mostly off,
As for the BRAKE BALANCE, if the car oversteers 3/1 if the car understeers 1/3,
ASM off.

As for the fastest lap, everyone here will be happy to tell you there fastest lap.

Im faster with SRF on, the other settings I use are:
TC 0,
ABS 1 (sometimes 0),
ACTIVE STEERING mostly off,
As for the BRAKE BALANCE, if the car oversteers 3/1 if the car understeers 1/3,
ASM off.

As for the fastest lap, everyone here will be happy to tell you there fastest lap.

Yes, I'm aware that SRF makes the car faster because you can push it beyond realistic limits with it on.. It's the only aid that can make you faster and it is not really the real aid for me because it's not something that exists in real life.. I mean, don't get me wrong, I don't have problem that anyone uses it, I'll just try to make good times without it... When I do race next time, I'll post the time and my best lap and my first lap so maybe we can see what is my weak spot.. Because 20 sec is 5 sec per lap.. That is huge..

Also here's the race I was rambling about on the last page if someone is interested.. It may also be one of the answers why I'm not that fast against AI..

Yes, I'm aware that SRF makes the car faster because you can push it beyond realistic limits with it on.. It's the only aid that can make you faster and it is not really the real aid for me because it's not something that exists in real life.. I mean, don't get me wrong, I don't have problem that anyone uses it, I'll just try to make good times without it... When I do race next time, I'll post the time and my best lap and my first lap so maybe we can see what is my weak spot.. Because 20 sec is 5 sec per lap.. That is huge..

Also here's the race I was rambling about on the last page if someone is interested.. It may also be one of the answers why I'm not that fast against AI..

Very nice and smooth mate, you race like your racing in real life and that's why your times are a bit behind. But I bet once you are in front of the AI you punch out some very fast lap times.

You will do very well in the SKEAG'S RACING SCHOOL events.

When racing in the NO-TUNE challenges we are a lot more aggressive when passing the AI cars, but we do not deliberately crash into the AI.
Heres a video of one of my previous races

Even if you don't be more aggressive it it still worth entering the NO-TUNE challenges as you will be invited to invite only events, which aren't always about how fast you are.

Next round is TT week so we will see what you can really do 👍

@lfm58 is 4-5 sec.per lap faster with the Jag !!!! :banghead:
There is no justice in this world :rolleyes:.

@nostradavor2 your mission - license times are outrageous fast and you talking also about loosing time at wheel spin .
This feels like putting salt to our wounds :lol:
As about been slow at no tune ,cant see the reason why :confused: when you pull out Doom racing alone.
Its no hard to pass AI from outside at first part and inside the rest of the track and leave your self racing two laps at the front alone .
From your vids seems you have excellent control on your ride and nice repeatable lines , like you driving on wheel .
Its an overtake fear cause for sure you don't carry kids at your back seats ? Even in top racing like F1 sometimes trade some paint or rubber ( with carbon parts few times ) in order to pass or keep their place.
Like Bryce said ,been more aggresive without using the AI as a brake mark or like a barrier in order to turn ,some paint job or stickers job is not that bad .
You gain upons as the div2 players 0.5 at 35 sec. run in mission with the happy tail lotus with two overtakes and you are slower at no tune 4-5 sec. per lap !!!!! ???.
You must do something very very wrong ,their is no other explanation.
When i face trouble with a car i go to free run or TT to see where i can gain time and then try to copy -as i can- my fastest laps on the race .
This way i know if am on my limits or no .

Good day guys and if God hear ......please make Gladiator to run with a flat tyre .

Last edited:
R27 KO #2 (33.029)

No "VAFFA" in this case… :D:cheers:

R27KO2 33029 20190402_175335.jpg

@bjl23
I'll enter no tune for sure, no worries mate..

@smoothbore12
I drive with wheel, I can't drive with controller .. I bought a wheel and ps only for GT back than..
I just race like that.. I raced like that when there was online too and usually won.. Just be reasonably quick and wait the guys in front of you to make a mistake when putting pressure...

@lfm58
Hahaha.. Close . But you lost time somewhere... It'll had to be done under 33 I think to win.. I manage to beat my ghost decently and than when car goes slightly into oversteer on the last corner you just lose everything..

@lfm58 we are facing ....... Disaster :lol:

@bjl23 make sure that you will be competitive in knock outs and you don't throw me out for nothing.
When by mistake run at London and Spa i had a 33.479 !! At london :banghead:

GTO SR
View attachment 812306

No tune ....done
View attachment 812307

Both represent " cut " version ( honesty above all)

@nostradavor2 with pleasure waiting your entry at @skeagracing school and don't forget that 3 pontium finishers drink campaign with lot of bubbles plus its nice to be consulted from a rear life race instructor and for free ( he charge lot of $ the hour in his lessons :lol:) and he - as you- race always no aids and clean as it goes.
Thats why pap Noel is well know as wash machine .

View attachment 812312
I asked Mario Andretti many years ago when I was racing for Lotus “what is the difference between a Champion like you and an also ran like me as I just would win only some of the time and he was aware and he said “ The difference between a Champion and a also ran is that a Champion has a little better chance of surviving a racing accident”! That answer from him did not make me feel good at all that’s for sure but survive I did:lol:.

@nostradavor2 Super clean and fast race for sure with a super nice pass for 6 place and second place.
You had great patients when passing for the lead and the win. That is were a lot of race drivers go “very wrong and you did not get sucked in to the moves of the car that you passed for the win”!! I do not use it SRF for the same reason it never existed so I go with what I know will make me fast.

@skeagracing
Thank you for watching the race and for your comments... I Appreciate It.. I like to race the way that you put a lot of pressure on the guy in front of you and brake him instead of trying to make risky passing moves or passing him on his racing line / cutting .. I'm talking about games obviously since I've never had opportunity to race in real life which I btw think it's so amazing thay you had career as racing driver.. I bet it's the best feeling you can get..

Last edited:
You will be happy to know I've moved on to the NO-TUNE challenge, you should join me.

I'll probably be able to play on monday again but am not 100% sure yet but will probably go out of my town for a weekend .. I'll do no tune :P

Btw off topic.. Today I realized that I won't be able to to 100% on GT6 .. There are drift trials? I can't drift *facepalm* I barely got first one after like 100 attempts and than I read that there are 2 more after that..

And on the first one gold is 4500 and I did 4513 or something like that

Edit: But if you people make me angry, I'll have to go back in Lotus again.. I know there is 32.6 out there :P Also I need to get back to Senna's Lotus to break my record of 1.05.5.. And today I got Racing Elise '96 for some missions .. Lotus day haha

I'll probably be able to play on monday again but am not 100% sure yet but will probably go out of my town for a weekend .. I'll do no tune :P

Btw off topic.. Today I realized that I won't be able to to 100% on GT6 .. There are drift trials? I can't drift *facepalm* I barely got first one after like 100 attempts and than I read that there are 2 more after that..

And on the first one gold is 4500 and I did 4513 or something like that

Edit: But if you people make me angry, I'll have to go back in Lotus again.. I know there is 32.6 out there :P Also I need to get back to Senna's Lotus to break my record of 1.05.5.. And today I got Racing Elise '96 for some missions .. Lotus day haha
Ok cool am at the 32 ill try tomarrow am not at home all week!good luck bro

Back