THE CHALLENGE HUB, CHALLENGE COMPLETE

• Thread starter bjl23
  • 10,190 comments
@bjl23 You are quite fast at no tune , playing before couple of days i was on 49- 50 around.
This fairy understeer a lot for my taste
It does understeer a bit, I found that braking a little early helped and you really need to be perfect though the S's. So much time lost or gained there.

Great battle with the mclaren and Aston Martin Noel 👍

Last edited:
Speed racer final update

No more to give on this one and hope to be enough to " scare" Paddy :confused:

@bjl23 i think you're right , i put more brakes at the rear and brake earlier than usual but still can't find the sweet spot for this heavy fairy .
My best till now was at 47s in a race that myfirst lap was the quickest of 3 :banghead:
Its heavy enough and the inertia push it out of the right line if you push it on late braking.

Yesterday finally i set up mine lotus Noel and hope to finish it today .
Did some race tests with FXX ( which almost take off my rear bumper ) and the MCLAREN with one Labo which except mine they took of their bumpers :lol: back and front.
The good news is that i was over 350 miles and i was struggling at power since needed to change oil which realy help me not to be a pure relative at straights .

Good morning from a rainy weather here .

@bjl23 i think you're right , i put more brakes at the rear and brake earlier than usual but still can't find the sweet spot for this heavy fairy .
My best till now was at 47s in a race that myfirst lap was the quickest of 3 :banghead:
Its heavy enough and the inertia push it out of the right line if you push it on late braking.
Absolutely mate, I found its best to go a bit slower around 2nd corner so you set up the perfect line though the S bend. Also because the car has a reasonable amount of power and I have TC on 0 I can use the power to steer the car around the tighter corners.

I also am on TC 0 with the fairy .
Since am done with school today morning ( i might try it again on the week ) i try to give a go to the NSX without prepares ,free runs etc.
IMG_20191110_085741.jpg

There is room for improvement but somehow i skrew up heavily or loosing much time with traffic.
Change 3 different line ups and i think the ones which are faster are more helpful if you can manage to take the last turn right :banghead: :banghead: to take sleepstreming advantage.
I try some two lap stints and best first was high 20 mid 21s while. the second was from 14- 11 very high.
Its matter of traffic ,right sleepstreming and for me one more : not faqed up when i see that am in good way for a good result.
Deffinetly need " warm" fingers and since my teammate is at the same power band with me i have hopes for good team effort.
Tinkerbells time of course is out of reach .

I also am on TC 0 with the fairy .
Since am done with school today morning ( i might try it again on the week ) i try to give a go to the NSX without prepares ,free runs etc.
View attachment 864106

There is room for improvement but somehow i skrew up heavily or loosing much time with traffic.
Change 3 different line ups and i think the ones which are faster are more helpful if you can manage to take the last turn right :banghead: :banghead: to take sleepstreming advantage.
I try some two lap stints and best first was high 20 mid 21s while. the second was from 14- 11 very high.
Its matter of traffic ,right sleepstreming and for me one more : not faqed up when i see that am in good way for a good result.
Deffinetly need " warm" fingers and since my teammate is at the same power band with me i have hopes for good team effort.
Tinkerbells time of course is out of reach .
The traffic is a killer especially on the last corner, I'm the same if I'm lapping good time I always manage to stuff up the last lap.

The traffic is a killer especially on the last corner, I'm the same if I'm lapping good time I always manage to stuff up the last lap.
On the last lap is when you never change the rhythm that you are in and do not start dive bombing the passes on other race cars or you will lose the race on the last lap. Stay as cool as on the first lap:cheers:. Barnabas has the same issues with this.

Adobe_20180618_121059.jpg

NO-TUNE CHALLENGE
ROUND 45

DIV 1
@paddycars1 4:43.256

DIV 2
@bjl23 4:46.857
@Thematic 4:56.163

--------------

SPEED RACER
winner must post a video

@smoothbore12 1:49.028 valid
@paddycars1 1:50.801
@Thematic 1:53.163

---------------

CHIC
RACE 1
everyone must post a video

@nostradavor2 6:07.470 valid
@RMan72 6:12.028 valid
@bjl23 6:12.325
@smoothbore12 6:14.761
@paddycars1 6:15.348
@lfm58

---------------

SKEAG'S RACING SCHOOL
CLASS#18

please send your replays to @skeagracing

---------------

THE KNOCKOUTS
MISSION #6

Div 1
@paddycars1 45.587

Div 2
@Thematic 45.758
@smoothbore12 47.106
@bjl23 48.216

------------------

Last edited:
CHIC update
So close to P2 :banghead:
View attachment 865199

Very nice boss ,you are in good way .
Try to find a quick line up or a slower one ( what suits you best ) and study the passing points.
At a quick field you can gain sleepstreming advantage taking thel lead at 3rd lap ,at the slower at 2nd lap.
One is certain ,from your mate you will be quicker or at least you can since he put him selfi in a huge power handicap .

Tinkerbell no need to change something at your NSX ,nobody ask for it , we just play we don't compete for the crown of the world .
Have a cool day guys .

Very nice boss ,you are in good way .
Try to find a quick line up or a slower one ( what suits you best ) and study the passing points.
At a quick field you can gain sleepstreming advantage taking thel lead at 3rd lap ,at the slower at 2nd lap.
One is certain ,from your mate you will be quicker or at least you can since he put him selfi in a huge power handicap .

Tinkerbell no need to change something at your NSX ,nobody ask for it , we just play we don't compete for the crown of the world .
Have a cool day guys .
My laps where:
1:20, 1:12, 1:12, 1:12, 1:13
I found a faster field is best but like you said need to get a field with good passing points.
I avoid fields if the AI gets in your way on the last 2 corners (which is hard to find)
I do think I can still gain 1 - 2 more seconds if I can get more consistent.

Have a cool day guys .

I was speaking with Bryce when I did 6:07, I think he'd like me to reevaluate my car.. If I'll have time, I don't mind to do it..when I was doing setup I didn't have time to do test on twin montegi but I barely did 12.9 in forest... In race it turned out much faster but to be honest if gear ratios were different for me it would probably go 11s but than I tried few laps after my race and my best was 12.1 without slipstream .. So it's really up to you guys, if Bryce thinks I need to trim some PP it's not a big deal, I just hope I'll have time to do it.. I dont really remember montegi ring, if it has long straights than I wont be among fastest, thatefor sure..

I was speaking with Bryce when I did 6:07, I think he'd like me to reevaluate my car.. If I'll have time, I don't mind to do it..when I was doing setup I didn't have time to do test on twin montegi but I barely did 12.9 in forest... In race it turned out much faster but to be honest if gear ratios were different for me it would probably go 11s but than I tried few laps after my race and my best was 12.1 without slipstream .. So it's really up to you guys, if Bryce thinks I need to trim some PP it's not a big deal, I just hope I'll have time to do it.. I dont really remember montegi ring, if it has long straights than I wont be among fastest, thatefor sure..
We will have a better idea on times when the round ends as I'm sure people have some times up there selves.

For the race at Circuit de la Sarthe some advice; best to pass them on your 3rd lap as if not you are now looking for trouble as the other race cars with tons more HP will be on your back or passing you and if you drop kick them as they are passing you that will be your fault. You can block them but if they are passing give them racing room as at that point you cannot block them anymore.

LEADERBOARD
Update

NO-TUNE CHALLENGE
ROUND 45

DIV 1
@paddycars1 4:43.256
@lfm58 4:43.282

DIV 2
@smoothbore12 4:44.941
@bjl23 4:46.857
@Thematic 4:56.163

--------------

SPEED RACER
winner must post a video

@smoothbore12 1:49.028 valid
@paddycars1 1:50.801
@Thematic 1:53.163

---------------

CHIC
RACE 1
everyone must post a video

@nostradavor2 6:07.470 valid
@lfm58 6:11.246
@bjl23 6:11.253 valid
@RMan72 6:12.028 valid
@smoothbore12 6:14.761
@paddycars1 6:15.348

---------------

SKEAG'S RACING SCHOOL
CLASS#18

please send your replays to @skeagracing

---------------

THE KNOCKOUTS
MISSION #6

Div 1
@paddycars1 45.587

Div 2
@Thematic 45.758
@smoothbore12 47.106
@bjl23 48.216

------------------

Huston we have problem ,new guy in P2

Change 4 line ups , restarts ? Endless .My right thumb became flat :lol:
My worst lap usually was the second one :banghead: at 13s and the good part is at the two last laps can shot almost dead 12s .
That means that there is room for improvement if i hit a clean 1.20 and a 12 or 11 at second lap.

The sequence was 21, 13, 11, 12, 12

Last edited:
Huston we have problem ,new guy in P2

Change 4 line ups , restarts ? Endless .My right thumb became flat :lol:
My worst lap usually was the second one :banghead: at 13s and the good part is at the two last laps can shot almost dead 12s .
That means that there is room for improvement if i hit a clean 1.20 and a 12 or 11 at second lap.

The sequence was 21, 13, 11, 12, 12

The comedian isn't being so funny now, nice time mate.

Edit,
Since the half way mark I've doing the championship points, if you haven't already realized.

Last edited:
The comedian isn't being so funny now, nice time mate.

Edit,
Since the half way mark I've doing the championship points, if you haven't already realized.

Just notice today and ...... I like what i see till now.
Still afraid @RMan72 ,he might not running on SRF but is The Boogeyman and we are aware what that means.
Pity that Paddy he must try hard to join the frontrunners club and am afraid he can't at that race.
Although is not one race and will see what will come up at the end.

Hope Gladiador to fire up again since we are on same level ( at power) and allow the Mediterranean Arta team to shine.

Back