THE CHALLENGE HUB, CHALLENGE COMPLETE

• Thread starter bjl23
  • 10,190 comments
GT SPORT

... but the car setting and physic are quite different, e.g. the GTS Sauber power is around 300cv more than GT6 model ...

gts-lh-nos-20191228_165925-jpg.878158

PS: my name is Luciano not Luca

Last edited:
GT SPORT

... but the car setting and physic is quite different, e.g. the GTS Sauber power is around 300cv more than GT6 model ...

gts-lh-nos-20191228_165925-jpg.878158

PS: my name is Luciano not Luca

Mamma mia... scusi :indiff: ma Luciano è il nome piu bello di Luca :cheers: Perdona il mio italiano :lol: tanti anni fa ho avuto una ragazza di Torino e ho studiato l'italiano un po ma adesso ho dimenticato quasi tutto :crazy:

Also I can't see the photo you posted :lol:

edit.. Also @smoothbore12 what is your name? So I don't make mistakes anymore lol

edit2.. I watched Hamilton playing GTS on YT.. I was never fan of him but he seems like a cool guy.. btw if you cant see picture time on nordschleife to beat is 5:40.6 but I guess its not relevant since as Luciano said cars are different.

Last edited:
My full name is : Charalampos Triantafyllou and since is common there to shortcut names they could call me Harry ( like harry potter) or Babis which is also very common sing for taverns , butcher store , vegetable store etc.
So the second one prevails and Babis is years now.

PS
I don't know whats going on but my back today seems with no improvement at all :indiff:
The grasp remains on certain muscle at the left side and i feel like a prisoner , i can't even play and if i play i can't get up to take a shot and if i ask Mary to take a shot ....... Then i will have not only my back but my head also in pain after a " meeting" with a fry pan or some other kitchenware :boggled:
Life is a bitch , period.

Ok, great mate.. now we all have names :)
well if it's injury it'll take a while :(

I took a shot with M3 and Sauber.. I have confirmation video for Sauber if needed but I dont think it'll be needed since my laps were full of mistakrs and my wheel is messing with me but I set myself goal for today which is done on 2nd lap. Expect to improve it next time. Don't expect to improve NO TUNE time because I don't feel like driving that race anymore.

IMG_20200106_160124~2.jpg

IMG_20200106_173005~2.jpg

I used no aids except abs1.. in real life someone would probably use traction control on this car.

@skeagracing Haha I liked it too, watched it few times:lol:. There's also a picture on last page I made, can't copy it now for some reason, take a look. Shame that Citroen and Ford bumped into each other when I went to overtake them on outside. It would be perfect 4 car finish otherwise. While I was driving I also kind of hoped Viper and C5 Vette maybe will catch up and use slipstream (Viper was close for some time) and thought 6 cars would be insanity but it didn't happen.

Noel if you ever come to Europe let me know, I'd come to any track to have a lap with you.. promise:cheers:
Here is my answer nothing would have changed and you would have still won the race as the Batmobile always does that at some point in the Green Hell. I actually saw it when I ran this race with the Batmobile in the lineup. The big thing was the ending that was fantastic!!

Ok, great mate.. now we all have names :)
well if it's injury it'll take a while :(

I took a shot with M3 and Sauber.. I have confirmation video for Sauber if needed but I dont think it'll be needed since my laps were full of mistakrs and my wheel is messing with me but I set myself goal for today which is done on 2nd lap. Expect to improve it next time. Don't expect to improve NO TUNE time because I don't feel like driving that race anymore.

View attachment 879468
View attachment 879470

I used no aids except abs1.. in real life someone would probably use traction control on this car.

Just gave this a shot ( Ring) and surprisingly i am only 16 seconds behind .
My TC settings are on 2 and i find it not so bad without SRF and dead stock.
But when the car loose grip ...... Is gone.

I agree with Master Noel , the end of your race was amazing and all your race was like watching a race on tv .
I should " hate " you for that but..... Nobody can hate Tinkerbell:D

Here is my answer nothing would have changed and you would have still won the race as the Batmobile always does that at some point in the Green Hell. I actually saw it when I ran this race with the Batmobile in the lineup. The big thing was the ending that was fantastic!!

I wonder what would've happened if viper and other corvette also made it to get in pack.. it would be 6 cars in final corners :lol: they weren't even much behind but I guess their exit speed to final straight was bad..

Anyways is your next race Apricot Hill right?

@smoothbore12 so you can probably catch me.. there's a lot of wheelspin.. Id be happy to get 5:49 to be honest.. and I'm not even sure Ill manage it.. I tried it one more time and had around 5 seconds lead over my ghost after half race than I crashed

I wonder what would've happened if viper and other corvette also made it to get in pack.. it would be 6 cars in final corners :lol: they weren't even much behind but I guess their exit speed to final straight was bad..

Anyways is your next race Apricot Hill right?
Yes with the Camaro Z-28 on replay view. I will post a video soon on Replay view. Not an easy race as the Z-28 is a handful. Heavy car with lot's of wheel spin. I can put up my tune if it will help.

I'll be happy when I hit 5:55.. So only 4 seconds better is my goal because want to drive with hood cam and nothing on display which I never tried before and I tried it now and it's fun even tho I'm slower. Also max ffb and tv sound :lol:

Paddy is that 6:00 your chic race? I entered the race and drove 2 times utile 1st corner.. This NASCAR on SH is really painful lol

50./No Tune
Race 9 (only full races). I lack the required accuracy. The GTR edition seems to have much better braking.
2:58.563
notune_l2_result.jpg

I'll be happy when I hit 5:55.. So only 4 seconds better is my goal because want to drive with hood cam and nothing on display which I never tried before and I tried it now and it's fun even tho I'm slower.
I used driver's eye view (and zeroed aids) for the atmosphere.

UC / Lewis Hamilton TT
I looked for a mostly useless ghost to start with but there was nothing between 5 and 6 minutes so I didn't load one.
With the downforce at about half the car likes to take off especially at the downhill left after Pflanzgarten I (Sprunghügel, I think). But early on, I let the car go past the barrier that separates the pit lane from the raceway.
Got it from the dealership for this and the odometer at the end of this lap was 139 km:
6:08.004
uc_result.jpg

My upper body was certainly warm after that.

@Thematic I never use any driving aids except for no tune in challenge hub. that's basically it.
I think I also always use driver's eye camera (I think I don't know the names) but thought it would be more realistic to see some of the hood or maybe not.. will see.. I know cockpit camera is stupid for me because I have my own hands on the wheel and than there is another wheel on the screen. Yes, the car can fly but wont if you lift from the throttle before possible jumps.

Nice driving guys, I'm a bit scared to do the Lewis TT :scared: I may try it just to throw my hat in the ring, that's if a can get a valid lap.

CHIC
The extra weight really makes this car a handful.
@paddycars1 your a little down from your test times.
IMAG1830.jpg

NO-TUNE
Needed to buy another car after a couple of runs, the insurance company wrote the car off and I lost my triple A insurance rating :ouch:
Damn magnetic walls.:lol:
IMAG1827.jpg

I'll be happy when I hit 5:55.. So only 4 seconds better is my goal because want to drive with hood cam and nothing on display which I never tried before and I tried it now and it's fun even tho I'm slower. Also max ffb and tv sound :lol:

Paddy is that 6:00 your chic race? I entered the race and drove 2 times utile 1st corner.. This NASCAR on SH is really painful lol
I don't know ether:lol: I didn't realise the pic was blurred I'll have proper go Wednesday night.I always drive roof cam for any event
I've noticed some of the fastest drivers are bumper cam the only car that I can get a faster lap bumper cam is the yellow bird I recently got down to 7:22 at the ring on real could see a 7:19 after a few laps.
Nice driving guys, I'm a bit scared to do the Lewis TT :scared: I may try it just to throw my hat in the ring, that's if a can get a valid lap.

CHIC
The extra weight really makes this car a handful.
@paddycars1 your a little down from your test times.
View attachment 879594
NO-TUNE
Needed to buy another car after a couple of runs, the insurance company wrote the car off and I lost my triple A insurance rating :ouch:
Damn magnetic walls.:lol:
View attachment 879595
I only did one race but the fact that there's still a 25 kg weight it makes things a lot difficult for me:guilty:I suppose we can't win them all:)

I drive the one where all you have is rear view mirror and nothing else visible of your car. I'll do that one or the one where you can see car hood only but without any display info on the screen.. I might try abs off also.. there's just few places that it's possible to lock up I think but dont kbow which bb to set.. and will try with max ffb.. Which tyres for Yellowbird? Will try it, will be happy when I do full lap :lol:

Has to be sports tyres on Ruf. Maybe because I started with the BTR years ago with little skill, I wanted the comfort tyres because then you could afford bigger mistakes on a valid lap. And I didn't go for more grip later.

I sometimes forget there's several languages within the game, I learned the names (en) from watching replays: normal view is the "where's my car" one, driver's eye is where you see either the interior or the placeholder abyss and external view is for marveling at the tail lights or such. I don't look at the Fanatec wheel nor the graphic so it does not bother me.

I only did one race but the fact that there's still a 25 kg weight it makes things a lot difficult for me:guilty:I suppose we can't win them all:)
That's true my 50kg makes a big difference, I still manged to get pretty close to my test times. It will be interesting to see how @smoothbore12 goes with his 75kg.

PS I've always used bumper view, since GT1. I've tried a couple times on other views but just can't do it.
Bumper view can be hard to see over bumps and lumps in the track on really low cars.

I drive the one where all you have is rear view mirror and nothing else visible of your car. I'll do that one or the one where you can see car hood only but without any display info on the screen.. I might try abs off also.. there's just few places that it's possible to lock up I think but dont kbow which bb to set.. and will try with max ffb.. Which tyres for Yellowbird? Will try it, will be happy when I do full lap :lol:
:lol:
I had sport hard stock just oil change. 3/2 BB you would need a descent amount of laps just for a good lap:scared:

And so, a new challenge begins!

NOTUNE_RD50_IMG.jpg

London is probably my least favorite track in GT6. The layout is rather uninspiring, short and very narrow, making overtaking quite difficult. Fortunately, I got an easy enough field to beat in this run, but the problem was getting around the traffic.

Rear ending AI cars was quite a problem here, due to the narrow streets. I also lost a really good run on the last corner of the last lap, by braking too late and going nose-first into the wall. Ouch.

Planning overtakes precisely is key to success here. For this field, the strategy was as follows:

As soon as the race starts, dive down the inside of the Mercedes into turn 1.

Overtake the Golf down the inside into turn 2, then get the Audi TT around the outside into Turn 3.

Intentionally run a little wide on Turn 5 to avoid crashing into the M Coupe, then get him on the exit. Overtake the RUF around the outside into the final corner.

By the start of Lap 2, we catch up to the RS6 Avant and the Z8, which are fighting each other. This is a point where I either win or lose the run, as getting a quick pass on these two into turns 2 and 3 is essential. If I get boxed in between these two, the run is basically over.

After passing them, we don't catch up to the M3 CSL and the lead E92 Chrome Line until the start of Lap 3. Pass the other E46 either on the exit of turn 1 or the braking zone towards turn 2, then get the E92 around the outside on Turn 3. After that, push hard towards the finish.

After a few tries, my best time was a 2:55.825, but this was in fact one of only three runs that actually made it to the checkered flag. My other attempts were either too slow or ended up in the barriers.

NOTUNE_RD50.jpg

Now, if you're on mobile, you're probably not going to be able to read anything from this picture! I had to improvise a lot to get this one. This was taken with my laptop's camera, which, as you can see, is not very good. I had to turn the brightness - both on the game and on my TV - nearly all the way down to get it to look even close to legible. It's not very good, but it's what I can do for now.

And so, a new challenge begins!

View attachment 879621

London is probably my least favorite track in GT6. The layout is rather uninspiring, short and very narrow, making overtaking quite difficult. Fortunately, I got an easy enough field to beat in this run, but the problem was getting around the traffic.

Rear ending AI cars was quite a problem here, due to the narrow streets. I also lost a really good run on the last corner of the last lap, by braking too late and going nose-first into the wall. Ouch.

Planning overtakes precisely is key to success here. For this field, the strategy was as follows:

As soon as the race starts, dive down the inside of the Mercedes into turn 1.

Overtake the Golf down the inside into turn 2, then get the Audi TT around the outside into Turn 3.

Intentionally run a little wide on Turn 5 to avoid crashing into the M Coupe, then get him on the exit. Overtake the RUF around the outside into the final corner.

By the start of Lap 2, we catch up to the RS6 Avant and the Z8, which are fighting each other. This is a point where I either win or lose the run, as getting a quick pass on these two into turns 2 and 3 is essential. If I get boxed in between these two, the run is basically over.

After passing them, we don't catch up to the M3 CSL and the lead E92 Chrome Line until the start of Lap 3. Pass the other E46 either on the exit of turn 1 or the braking zone towards turn 2, then get the E92 around the outside on Turn 3. After that, push hard towards the finish.

After a few tries, my best time was a 2:55.825, but this was in fact one of only three runs that actually made it to the checkered flag. My other attempts were either too slow or ended up in the barriers.

View attachment 879623

Now, if you're on mobile, you're probably not going to be able to read anything from this picture! I had to improvise a lot to get this one. This was taken with my laptop's camera, which, as you can see, is not very good. I had to turn the brightness - both on the game and on my TV - nearly all the way down to get it to look even close to legible. It's not very good, but it's what I can do for now.
Very nice mate, love the write up again.

I only use my phone as I don't have a PC and I can see your photo just fine. 👍
How Did you do the photo of the cars and what size is your TV?

Edit
You have been added to the trophy room.

Last edited:
The car photo is a photomode picture, just exported it to the XMB, then copied it to my USB stick and dumped it in my PC.
My TV is actually fairly small. I don't know the size precisely, but it can't be larger than 15 inches, as it's smaller than the monitor I normally use (which I am currently sharing with my mother as her laptop's screen is broken, so during the night my PC is hooked up to the same TV as my PS3). And since I'm using Windows 10's native camera app, there's no zoom, so I have to physically move the laptop and the TV as close as possible to each other... It's chaos. But it's better than nothing.

The car photo is a photomode picture, just exported it to the XMB, then copied it to my USB stick and dumped it in my PC.
My TV is actually fairly small. I don't know the size precisely, but it can't be larger than 15 inches, as it's smaller than the monitor I normally use (which I am currently sharing with my mother as her laptop's screen is broken, so during the night my PC is hooked up to the same TV as my PS3). And since I'm using Windows 10's native camera app, there's no zoom, so I have to physically move the laptop and the TV as close as possible to each other... It's chaos. But it's better than nothing.
I thought it was a small TV, or you have really big hands :lol:
It's great to have someone from south America, as we have people here from all over the world.

Good morning guys
Lot of racing traffic and the heat is moving up for good, @CozmicDragon find a solution for taking shots and with very good description and judging from Tinkerbell's time is very close to take his first no tune win .
@Thematic as i was suspecting he will put the glasses to the div 2 players at Ring since the SRFless run turns to be an advantage for him .
Nice time mate ,i will be happy more than enough if i can get under 6.10.

I didn't run anything except few laps on Ring and i don't know how extra weight react at the car as @bjl23 wrote but soon am going to find out .
A CHIC test run with no weight added from last year and before my accident i was couple a sec. under 6.00 but not even close to what Bryce achieve now .
By the way ,we can choose different BB at Hamilton TT ?
Cause from the rules i understand that we can't and the car must be as it is. 5-5.
Not that will make much of a difference anyway .

Last edited:
I thought the same , just another question : how many laps red colour do you need before you write a white one at Ring ? :rolleyes:
Me about 5-6 without counting the reloads that take place at the first 45 seconds part that i have to make the air jump :lol: :lol:
If I recall, of those 139 km two laps were valid. So less than a third by my numbers. You don't need to worry about old Flugplatz, that is STRAIGHTforward. As soon as Fuchsröhre exit, third sector, is much trickier.

Back