@lfm58 5:47.134
@smoothbore12 5:47.424
@RMan72 5:47.836
@nostradavor2 5:47.906
@paddycars1 5:48.873

---------------

SKEAG'S RACING SCHOOL
CLASS#22

@skeagracing announce the winner when your ready.

---------------

THE KNOCKOUTS
MISSION #7

Div
@nostradavor2 1:41.948
@paddycars1 1:42.230

Div 2
@Thematic straight to the final

@smoothbore12 1:42.626
@bjl23 1:44.995

------------------

Last edited:
ROUND 51 IS OPEN

@nostradavor2 has chosen the car for the NO-TUNE challenge and you will need to GATHER all your skill if you want to win this round.

CLASS 23 of SKEAG'S RACING SCHOOL is here and it will be to @smoothbore12 's disgust as it's not in the RUF.

It's the final of MISSION #7,
Can @nostradavor2 do what no one has done before in beating @paddycars1?
Can paddy get another ps3 in time?
Can @smoothbore12 beat the odds and beat @Thematic?
We will find out in 14 days time.

We get a little taste into Tinkerbell's life when we race the only 2 cars he's ever owned in NOZ IN REAL LIFE.

The TOUR DA NASCAR comes to an end as we start race 3, which has become a 3 horse race.
Please check your weight penalties.

And so, it began anew...

NOTUNE_RD51_IMG.jpg

Okay, now not only is this a terrible track for me as I always sucked at Brands Hatch, even in other games, it's a bad track for the underpowered Civic too. Brands Hatch is basically 80% made of fast corners and straights, and with only 191 HP (and that's after an oil change!), your power disadvantage will be very evident here.

Let's just say, if you're an average driver like me, forget about winning this race. Winning with the Civic is possible, but you'll need to be a pretty good driver, and have a little bit of luck, as there are some grids here that the Civic definitely can't beat.

The key here is to be consistent with your lap times, stay out of trouble, and get into clean air as soon as possible so you can push that EK9 as hard as you can. Aim to overtake the AI on corner exits to lose the least amount of time possible, but don't rush it - This is a bit of a long race compared to others in GT6. Consistency is more important than being blistering fast over a single lap.

After basically accepting the fact that I can't win here, and resetting once to get a field the Civic was more evenly matched with, I was able to concentrate on getting into clean air and got a run I was fairly happy with. I can definitely improve on this, but since this is a long race, I really need a break before I try again. 8:26.072 was the best I could come up with so far.

NOTUNE_RD51.jpg

Again, excuse the poor image quality, since I'm having to improvise with my laptop here.

This is probably the best grid I could have gotten for this challenge, and I got it after just one reset. The GT300 MR-S basically measures how fast I'm going - If I can get past it before reaching the high-speed section on Lap 3, I know I'm on pace for a good run. This is the only run I got P3 in, as I just got past the Calibra with two corners to go. On most other runs I got 4th or 5th. This is definitely a "winnable" grid, but I'm not sure I can do it at my skill level.

@CozmicDragon
I love how you write stuff.. enjoyed reading it.. take a look at vid I posted above, it was win with 8:19 I think and if I remember correctly I did best 8:12.. in that range I think all grids should be winnable but I did this event to make it more interesting and hope people will like it.
My original car was Nissan Micra race car hahaha.. I think it's also winnable but I just didn't have time to test it enough and still think Honda is better solution

And so, it began anew...

View attachment 883344

Okay, now not only is this a terrible track for me as I always sucked at Brands Hatch, even in other games, it's a bad track for the underpowered Civic too. Brands Hatch is basically 80% made of fast corners and straights, and with only 191 HP (and that's after an oil change!), your power disadvantage will be very evident here.

Let's just say, if you're an average driver like me, forget about winning this race. Winning with the Civic is possible, but you'll need to be a pretty good driver, and have a little bit of luck, as there are some grids here that the Civic definitely can't beat.

The key here is to be consistent with your lap times, stay out of trouble, and get into clean air as soon as possible so you can push that EK9 as hard as you can. Aim to overtake the AI on corner exits to lose the least amount of time possible, but don't rush it - This is a bit of a long race compared to others in GT6. Consistency is more important than being blistering fast over a single lap.

After basically accepting the fact that I can't win here, and resetting once to get a field the Civic was more evenly matched with, I was able to concentrate on getting into clean air and got a run I was fairly happy with. I can definitely improve on this, but since this is a long race, I really need a break before I try again. 8:26.072 was the best I could come up with so far.

View attachment 883345

Again, excuse the poor image quality, since I'm having to improvise with my laptop here.

This is probably the best grid I could have gotten for this challenge, and I got it after just one reset. The GT300 MR-S basically measures how fast I'm going - If I can get past it before reaching the high-speed section on Lap 3, I know I'm on pace for a good run. This is the only run I got P3 in, as I just got past the Calibra with two corners to go. On most other runs I got 4th or 5th. This is definitely a "winnable" grid, but I'm not sure I can do it at my skill level.
The promplem with that race is common ..... The faster you go ,the faster they go .
If you miss it once then is waisted time .
Must be faultless all the way and study the field a bit .
What i do when it comes to no tune and with much slower cars than competition is to go to free run and testing the limits , hunting my ghost.
This car need the smallest amount of brakes to maintain speed ,so i put BB full way to the back 4-9 and ABS at 5 or more just to slow it down a bit .
According to my calculations after a couple of runs ( after testing alone) you need laps close to 2.39 low and one or two at 1.38 high to cover first lap handicap .
The funny thing with Tinkerbell's brilliant race ( i admit that ) is that the best car was the " coffee pot" sorry the reunalt 5 .
PD was joking there :boggled:

Which grid do you guys found unbeatable? I tried 5 different races and only Alfa 155 beat me my first try.. Regarding lap times I dont really remember but I think I was in 36's..maybe not..didn't touch bb or abs.. It was little bit weird that race that R5 went for the kill.. but that car is monster anyways..

And so, it began anew...

View attachment 883344

View attachment 883345

O so good, keep the write ups going and don't stress about the photos mate, there fine.

------------------

I've added a poll, please vote

Just got in a really good session since the house hold went to bed early.

CHIC race 3
I don't know if it's me or the 125 kg but it's like I was driving in the rain.
Also watch the yellow paint, it's slippery. :scared:
IMAG1840.jpg

NO-TUNE
I don't mind this combination, the car is under powered but it differently makes up for it in the cornerS and the brakes. The brakes are almost to good, had to lower the BB to 1/3.
I found that braking real early into the first corner helps and most corners for that matter.
IMAG1842.jpg

So close to winning :banghead: love the challenge to beat the AI as well.
@CozmicDragon I reckon you can get P1 mate 👍

Just got in a really good session since the house hold went to bed early.

CHIC race 3
I don't know if it's me or the 125 kg but it's like I was driving in the rain.
Also watch the yellow paint, it's slippery. :scared:
View attachment 883789

NO-TUNE
I don't mind this combination, the car is under powered but it differently makes up for it in the cornerS and the brakes. The brakes are almost to good, had to lower the BB to 1/3.
I found that braking real early into the first corner helps and most corners for that matter.
View attachment 883788
So close to winning :banghead: love the challenge to beat the AI as well.
@CozmicDragon I reckon you can get P1 mate 👍

You think you're close ,but you're not .
There's no way to pass after the penultimate turn ,they are quite strong there and you can't even reach them.
@Thematic he will kick my ..... again at KO.
I open the S missions yesterday and realize that all are bronze except one gold and one that never play ,the one at snow . :banghead:
Just hardly get the gold there and seems impossible to find one sec. to catch him.
Last week i test nascar but not at 100 kilos ( at 75 ) and i don't remember the time ,anyway since you bring a time for reference i ll check what i can do .
Seems this championship is yours but am not gonna let you pass me this time ..... sneaky son of a gun.
Damn Sauber i waist my time in the freack show .

Edit

Tour of revenge
IMG_20200122_165209.jpg

And i can do better since i shave the wall once and had a lap at 1.35 plus .
My best at 1.33s.
Boss you are in trouble :lol:

Last edited:
You think you're close ,but you're not .
There's no way to pass after the penultimate turn ,they are quite strong there and you can't even reach them.
@Thematic he will kick my ..... again at KO.
I open the S missions yesterday and realize that all are bronze except one gold and one that never play ,the one at snow . :banghead:
Just hardly get the gold there and seems impossible to find one sec. to catch him.
Last week i test nascar but not at 100 kilos ( at 75 ) and i don't remember the time ,anyway since you bring a time for reference i ll check what i can do .
Seems this championship is yours but am not gonna let you pass me this time ..... sneaky son of a gun.
Damn Sauber i waist my time in the freack show .

Edit

Tour of revenge
View attachment 883852

And i can do better since i shave the wall once and had a lap at 1.35 plus .
My best at 1.33s.
Boss you are in trouble :lol:
It's still early days mate. :mischievous:

Back