THE CHALLENGE HUB, CHALLENGE COMPLETE

• Thread starter bjl23
  • 10,190 comments
Well done all, another fun and challenging round.
Here was my school entry

Was a tough battle and only just squeezed through for the lead and win at Forrest's Elbow on the last lap
20200912_073632.jpg

No tune/68.
6:06.82
Room for error?
notune_opt.jpg

--

I did three full races in the school venue, and some less than. Same car every time: 300 SL Coupé Chrome Line for which I had the bumpers removed and a wing attached. Other changes: weight reduction 2, five-speed transmission, carbon propeller shaft, engine tuning stage 1, isometric exhaust manifold, intake tuning. The transmission doesn't make for too much limiter, believe me (if you like the straight cut racer sound be my guest).

Attachments

• notune_results.jpg
    notune_results.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 5
Very enjoyable the no tune with the BMW ,the car almost went flat out but doesn't gain much under sleepstreming conditions .
Did just two races since i come home at 8.00 :boggled:
Anyway my first run was close to Saint's run
IMG_20200914_204956.jpg

The second one was even better
IMG_20200914_205908.jpg

Don't know exactly what is left before i run this on practice mod ,but definitely is quite enjoyable .

Do we race or we got trophy just by win on CH?
Never mind.. ill do the race anyways.. your times are too fast :P

ps That was fast beating me at GW Hugh haha..

edit: Also @bjl23 Bryce, not that it's big deal, was just checking my trophies etc, I have 9/10 notune and 7/10 invitational, also I got some silver medals during olympics event and ferrari diamond event.. and the place where it says rigged it was the event I made prior to this one on Suzuka East with Alfa 156 and Alfa Brera but don't know what was exact name..

Last edited:
I always forget about GW :P so little bit of warming up :P
View attachment 957817

Edit

am I doing this right?

Yes

edit: Also @bjl23 Bryce, not that it's big deal, was just checking my trophies etc, I have 9/10 notune and 7/10 invitational, also I got some silver medals during olympics event and ferrari diamond event.. and the place where it says rigged it was the event I made prior to this one on Suzuka East with Alfa 156 and Alfa Brera but don't know what was exact name
I haven't updated it in a while, I will as soon as I get time.

Make or break ?
Break , break.
Sorry div1 guys but the handicap of two grade tyre down is quite huge to compete div 2
After 4-5 restarts and two complete races i come to this ( using only abs since TC is no needed)
IMG_20200915_200304.jpg

But if i want to be fair ,had to try also your settings which lead to this and needed enough restarts and 3 races to win it .
IMG_20200915_203353.jpg

I thought that would be more than 10sec. So am quite pleased not drop even farther .
Also at div2 settings you're able to pass in the lead at the S before 3rd lap ( i missed it twice) which means the handicap from first to second will be more than the one at div1.
Perhaps a two category trophy is more appropriate for this one .

No tune/68.
I did at least five races afterwards - 82 km - nowhere near this pace. Clearly it was on a lucky set of tyres (SHSH/SHSH).
Lap 1 3:01.483, lap two 3:01.528 (replay figures) - 6:03.024 (result list)
Changed to fifth at 175 or 176 km/h usually but maybe it doesn't make a difference to winding to 5000.

Attachments

• notune_results.jpg
    notune_results.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 6
No tune/68.
I did at least five races afterwards - 82 km - nowhere near this pace. Clearly it was on a lucky set of tyres (SHSH/SHSH).
Lap 1 3:01.483, lap two 3:01.528 (replay figures) - 6:03.024 (result list)
Changed to fifth at 175 or 176 km/h usually but maybe it doesn't make a difference to winding to 5000.

Did you take any advantage from sleepstreming ?
From what i remember i let someone to pass me on Blancimont to ( was the Esprit i think) and try to stay on his tail but am not sure that i gain something special .
On the other had is a flat out race which everything count .
Didn't try it today but ill be back cause i really like the car track compo.

Am waiting your result on break ,make ,shake invitational challenge , i have the feeling that you will kick our 🤬 on this one :rolleyes:

Did you take any advantage from sleepstreming ?
Some. The MR2 doesn't have very much power so I often let it push. That'd be the "dark" straights near the end. The bit after the first climb is easy, because the bots brake so very early for the chicane. Which reminds me that the next corner after the chicane is very different between the various cars. Some go extremely slowly there, and the faster cars use more of the potential of the soft tyres.

Am waiting your result on break ,make ,shake invitational challenge , i have the feeling that you will kick our 🤬 on this one :rolleyes:
I didn't look at that yet, don't even know what track it is.

Hmmm the bigest gap is at no tune and not at make or brake .
I already hear @bjl23 ...........

Have a nice day mates ,am waiting for tomorrow to find out when ps5 will released and how much will cost and of course if gt7 will be launched with it .

In 5 years I'll buy it, no problems.. when they shutdown the servers :lol:

Regarding the school, it's kind of easy to win with bone stock car except if RUF BTR is in pole position.. I got frustrated yesterday and didn't make the race because am not used to obstacles on the Ring :lol:
Also I really don't get how PD decided which cars get SH and which ones CS tyres out of dealership :boggled:

Last edited:
I've updated the trophy room, please let me know if I've stuffed something up.

in invitational on my lists it says "Rigged" instead of the name of the event.. I think it was "Nos in real life". In trophy room I still miss that silver medal :P I got one where I won the race with Daihatsu against GTR (you really had to beat me there Hugh :mad:) and I had one in winter with Evoque in Chamonix. Also since you added also Make or Break from this round, I have 8/10 on invitational and not 7/10. Thanks Bryce, I still can't believe how big work are you doing here :)

in invitational on my lists it says "Rigged" instead of the name of the event.. I think it was "Nos in real life". In trophy room I still miss that silver medal :P I got one where I won the race with Daihatsu against GTR (you really had to beat me there Hugh :mad:) and I had one in winter with Evoque in Chamonix. Also since you added also Make or Break from this round, I have 8/10 on invitational and not 7/10. Thanks Bryce, I still can't believe how big work are you doing here :)
The Boss man is super great:cheers:

I try a bit ( late home again ) the no tune today.
Before enter the race i took for a lonely spin at free run and the best i get was a 3.02 .025 ,lets say a dead 3.02.
After that i run 5-6 (complete)races with various fields to see if i can gain something from sleepstreming and not too much traffic in unwanted spots .
The best i ve done was
IMG_20200916_212208.jpg

Thought that was not hard to achieve something better than that ,but damn :ill: ,it is hard.
At least when you respect the track boundaries its more hard than i thought .
Don't know if MT gears gives a small advantage but i think am loosing time after last turn going to the finish line , maybe is my idea but feels like the car boog down after the change.
Also i notice different behaviour on some AI , especially the one with the Legacy and that its not my idea .
That's all for today ..... @bjl23 you ve done it again .....stay all safe guys and tomorrow we will have ( i guess) news about GT7 .
Am not talking about ps5 cause the only reason that is in my house is the GT series.
Kisses.

Back