THE CHALLENGE HUB, CHALLENGE COMPLETE

• Thread starter bjl23
  • 10,190 comments
Seasonals had 4 events for about 15 days ( one was drift) as i remember so at the hub we can have 8 for 1 month.
Lets say 2 events for unlicensed players
2 events for the hunters .
2 events from TT , goodwood , missions or drift or license test which are small ones and easy to give it a go.
And 2 events with the " strange " lets say rules or not.
In fact for the hunters left 6 events and if @bjl23 have ere up to 3 events will be nice.
No tune is a very good one and small so everyone can take a shot.

Now we have 12 only in the hub and since we are not yet a lot of people some of them had very few entries.

So i think 8 total at the hub , 2 here for 10-15 days and then an invitational for one week or 10 days will be easier .
Thats a pretty good idea.

Seasonals had 4 events for about 15 days ( one was drift) as i remember so at the hub we can have 8 for 1 month.
Lets say 2 events for unlicensed players
2 events for the hunters .
2 events from TT , goodwood , missions or drift or license test which are small ones and easy to give it a go.
And 2 events with the " strange " lets say rules or not.
In fact for the hunters left 6 events and if @bjl23 have ere up to 3 events will be nice.
No tune is a very good one and small so everyone can take a shot.

Now we have 12 only in the hub and since we are not yet a lot of people some of them had very few entries.

So i think 8 total at the hub , 2 here for 10-15 days and then an invitational for one week or 10 days will be easier .
Not a bad idea, we have to see how @photonrider likes the idea, and then if he likes it, well we can try it next month. Just don't have to many Events.

Edit: No Tune Race 3, a little bit better time :).
My Great Capture Screenshot 2018-06-20 15-27-21.png

Last edited:
What settings did you use
(ABS, TC, etc:)

ABS 1, all the other aids OFF. BB at 0/3. will try 1/6 today to see if i can improve. the BB change got me faster times from the get-go.

at my first try I got a 7min time. noticed that under heavy breaking the car wouldn't rotate, thus my back bias. I just need to get a bit of more balls and push a bit more, trying to accel earlier out of corners. do you guys Point and shoot on corners, or do the usual progressive corner?

Having ABS off and BB 0/1 or 0/0, I brake early and try to maintain a certain speed though the corner and get on the pedal as early as possible.

Having ABS off and BB 0/1 or 0/0, I brake early and try to maintain a certain speed though the corner and get on the pedal as early as possible.
When you said pedal, I take it you use a wheel ?. I use left foot braking on this heavy car.

No sorry, I use DS3. Me saying pedal was just habbit

I had a G25 on GT5, I couldn't get the hang of it.

Man..... it's a pity that you can't use a wheel for the game.
Ok , needs more effort , make more noise , but you have perfect control on the gas and brakes , you can do left foot braking and perfect control in high speed turns.

I always use left foot for braking, since I don't have a clutch :P

on the point and shoot, was more of slow a bit more for entry, point it straight and floor it, or the usual breake, go for the apex, and progressively accelerate.

I always use left foot for braking, since I don't have a clutch :P

on the point and shoot, was more of slow a bit more for entry, point it straight and floor it, or the usual breake, go for the apex, and progressively accelerate.

I am a fun of the point and shoot but with such a car early braking...... roll.....and progressive gas ....makes faster times at least for me.
In No tune chalenges you have to adapt to the car and not the car to your style , but i prefer the point and shoot and i want the frond end " nailed" . Agressive and not progressive thats why i hardly pass the Veyron license only by a sec.

ahah. I just use the poing and shoot on some muscle cars, due to torque. but since its stock, the 3 speed slushy isn't bad. a couple of days And i should be able to drive it well.

I actually thought the Veyron Test was going to be harder, due to alot of talk on it. but it wasn't that bad.

I use both point and shoot and progressive, I think it depends on the corner and car.
But mainly point and shoot.

I reckon @fordlaser would be a point and shoot person, being the SNIPER after all.:lol:
For me, it's largely the same but, as you say, it depends on the car, the corner & what I'm aiming to achieve the other side of the corner.

Generally speaking, I like to late apex & accelerate as hard as possible with the least amount of steering angle applied once past the apex.
IMO, this approach is less likely to provoke time-costly oversteer & give you a good terminal speed down whatever straight follows.

It's not always possible but, I use this tactic wherever I can.

Try the Cuda yesterday after some free run practise ,find and a good field , but i was in the same boat at the end :banghead:
It became one of that races that whatever you do nothing comes better from the first time.
I ll leave it for the last day , i ll try the style : nothing ends before the fat lady sings.

At least i manage a 1.40 high once but consistency and i we are in divorce that period :irked:

Captain piston needs an overhaul:idea:

I have found with the CUDA I can get the car to power steer on the exit of some corners, (I don't have to touch the steering in the second half of the corner it just pulls the car around)
It's a good feeling when it happens.

@smoothbore12 it ends when the hot lady waves her flag.:eek:

Nice job both , Sniper still has the edge over determine Bruce Lee ,who also beat chuck norris and thants is something to consider.

Am curius if @RMan72 can go to 1.39 ( i believe he can ) .

Sniper was talking about " rust " but from what i see he use very good anti corrosion oil.

Last edited:
Nice job both , Sniper still has the edge over determine Bruce Lee ,who also beat chuck norris and thants is something to consider.

Am curius if @RMan72 can go to 1.39 ( i believe he can ) .

Sniper was talking about " rust " but from what i see he use very good anti corrosion oil.
All of the rust has gone now, all parts working good now 👍.

Back