THE CHALLENGE HUB, CHALLENGE COMPLETE

• Thread starter bjl23
  • 10,190 comments
I spent almost 200 km on the track so am not that happy with this result.. and will have to revisit it I think :banghead:
But am done for today since I have idea how to go faster but my body won't listen to this ideas anymore :lol:
On the other hand, my beginning result was 30.074 so not a bad improvement :boggled:

IMG_20201012_192451~2.jpg

Your right, naughty boy @RMan72 , @Thematic will get the title.

For once I got @RMan72 's handicap right, but I got yours wrong.
You get a +.2 because you win the last hole and @RMan72 gets a +.1 because he was 2nd.

haha I forgot it's time + penalty.. :lol:
I didn't realize I won...
Still now when I see my RB time is not the best I need explanation why I started with +1.5 instead of +0.5 this cycle.. I could've use 1 sec atm :lol:

I noticed the tyres because I couldn't beat Thematic on CS and tried different and could.. Sorry Hugh :lol::scared:

haha I forgot it's time + penalty.. :lol:
I didn't realize I won...
Still now when I see my RB time is not the best I need explanation why I started with +1.5 instead of +0.5 this cycle.. I could've use 1 sec atm :lol:

I noticed the tyres because I couldn't beat Thematic on CS and tried different and could.. Sorry Hugh :lol::scared:
I gave you an extra 1 second handicap to make it fair.

I decided to play open cards on GW mostly because I don't feel like racing RB anymore, secondly because the last race was nice for the eye (perfectly clean, no grass catching or anything). I know I left a lot of room so good luck Hugh. It was a good ride :cheers:

IMG_20201013_165421~3.jpg

ps Also did Noel's @skeagracing school video today. Fun race since I don't know Madrid circuit very well :)

can we use abs in invitational tt or no?

edit
did just 3 laps
View attachment 964709

After ....3 ( naahhh) 33 laps ( i guess )
Pleading the fifth
IMG_20201013_190632.jpg

I did this no aids at all including ABS and i think am close to my limits on this , perhaps a very high 57 might be possible but am not sure yet.

I also did school but not film it yet ,am a bit confused on this one which way to go :confused:
I have a run around 500pp ,SH tyres always and if i choose max power upgrades i can be first before the end of first lap which is very very " Take no prisoners" mod .
After putting balast at front to make it even at 50-50 the car was very enjoyable anyway .
Although isn't so easy to pass them all " immediately " ( for me at least) without a single scratch or mistake .
Don't know what ill choose for the end but definitely am enjoying the ride.:)

Hi Babis, hope everything is good with you in difficult situation, the hub feels more dead when you are less active so it's nice to see you :)
Regarding the school, I just ran stock car, didn't even change bb.
Also my time with Mazda is with Abs=1 so if abs is not allowed than should be deleted.
The rules state no driving aids, this includes ABS, so your time is not valid. Thanks for your honesty mate.

Last edited:
I forgot the name... afterwards I understood it immediately.
Pleading The Fifth
1:55.031
So... maybe brake at the sign "I"... that way at least the T2s carry meaning. If you use the "race display".
In at least the fast right after the third sector dip and maybe the following corner, I turn first and brake while heading for the outside. I guess it's because not only is the velocity low enough, but the power as well. Which reminds me...

[image of technique, final corner]
techn.gif

I tried that also on numerous filler/exp laps. It allowed me to do late and little braking. I don't know if this allows you to not apply brakes at all. Assuming I got the penultimate corner at all.

One of the good "FR" in game, and you can bet it's not because of speed.

Attachments

• ptf_board.jpg
    ptf_board.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 5
  • ptf_trk.jpg
    ptf_trk.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 5
can we use abs in invitational tt or no?

edit
did just 3 laps
View attachment 964709

After ....3 ( naahhh) 33 laps ( i guess )
Pleading the fifth
View attachment 964750

I did this no aids at all including ABS and i think am close to my limits on this , perhaps a very high 57 might be possible but am not sure yet.

I also did school but not film it yet ,am a bit confused on this one which way to go :confused:
I have a run around 500pp ,SH tyres always and if i choose max power upgrades i can be first before the end of first lap which is very very " Take no prisoners" mod .
After putting balast at front to make it even at 50-50 the car was very enjoyable anyway .
Although isn't so easy to pass them all " immediately " ( for me at least) without a single scratch or mistake .
Don't know what ill choose for the end but definitely am enjoying the ride.:)

I forgot the name... afterwards I understood it immediately.
Pleading The Fifth
1:55.031
So... maybe brake at the sign "I"... that way at least the T2s carry meaning. If you use the "race display".
In at least the fast right after the third sector dip and maybe the following corner, I turn first and brake while heading for the outside. I guess it's because not only is the velocity low enough, but the power as well. Which reminds me...

[image of technique, final corner]
View attachment 964780
I tried that also on numerous filler/exp laps. It allowed me to do late and little braking. I don't know if this allows you to not apply brakes at all. Assuming I got the penultimate corner at all.

One of the good "FR" in game, and you can bet it's not because of speed.
Something is not right here fellers, @Thematic is nearly 1 second behind @nostradavor2 and @smoothbore12.
Please check your track selection.

@Thematic use the right track , me and Tinkerbell use the short 80s version :banghead:
I just follow Tinkerbell which make the mistake first .

Hi Babis, hope everything is good with you in difficult situation, the hub feels more dead when you are less active so it's nice to see you :)
Regarding the school, I just ran stock car, didn't even change bb.
Also my time with Mazda is with Abs=1 so if abs is not allowed than should be deleted.
Am fine mate ( short of ) and hope for better days .
As for school the damn Lotus bomb is way twichy for my skills to leave her untuned .
That's why i feel like winer having the 3 rd spot behind you and Hugh at the school.
And are not only you and Hugh , and the other guys can " race " with cars that i simply " walk" .

Last edited:
I decided to play open cards on GW mostly because I don't feel like racing RB anymore, secondly because the last race was nice for the eye (perfectly clean, no grass catching or anything). I know I left a lot of room so good luck Hugh. It was a good ride
No miracle time from the Bogeyman this round, I despise the car and it's interaction with the DS3. You get absolutely no flow or control from it. Happy I beat my previous time. Congratulations @nostradavor2
20201014_113405.jpg

Thank God that you don't have magic with DS3 with RB "car" too. I knew I'll had advantage here, I raced 0 on controller sensitivity which was slower but still big advantage with a wheel. You have no idea how difficult is to beat you Hugh @RMan72 in any race anyways. Also I'm happy I was consistent with something for that long (3 races :lol:)

@slybynight I'll tell you my impressions when I do my stint but abs0 might even be faster on this car/track.. We'll see.. I know that 1 person will beat me :lol: don't know about the rest :P

No tune/70.
1:34.798
I've commented this before, but with this car there's the additional tribulation for wheel users of turning quickly right and left in the tight chicane that this starts with. If the wall enables a smoother line then that's just above my level.

Attachments

• notune_board.jpg
    notune_board.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 6
  • notune_trk.jpg
    notune_trk.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 4
Pleading the fifth
IMG_20201018_083749.jpg

After that was on a good shot for 54s entry and Maria just walk in to the room asking me something ( that i had to answer :banghead: ) lost my momentum and faq all the last four turns improving very little
IMG_20201018_084843.jpg

Then i pissed off and close it .
Hope during the day to find a peaceful time to try again :banghead: :banghead:

PS
Didn't notice the absence of ABS but that might be cause of the car .
Plus i put in wrong order my images

Attachments

• IMG_20201018_083723.jpg
    IMG_20201018_083723.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back