THE CHALLENGE HUB, CHALLENGE COMPLETE

• Thread starter bjl23
  • 10,190 comments
Don't know if this round gonna give me a reason to " smile " .but the comeback of Snow white is more than enough to keep me pleased .
tenor (7).gif

Its the younger member in our hub and always is a pleasure to read his descriptions .

Also we have enough people to fill the two divisions and that's cool.

Try -1 5 10 that's what I got my fastest lap on remember the Ferrari is more leanent only after 130 miles so patents is a must for this car and track.
Try -1 5 10 that's what I got my fastest lap on remember the Ferrari is more leanent only after 130 miles so patents is a must for this car and track.
OMFG!!! @paddycars1 . You have just revealed unbelievable things to me!!!! I always thought increased sensitivity meant that a smaller wheel input resulted in a bigger change in wheel position. So I have been dialling it up and up. And now you show me that the reverse is true!!!
OMG..... I cant believe how much control I now have over the car!!
Thank you soooo much!!!

OMFG!!! @paddycars1 . You have just revealed unbelievable things to me!!!! I always thought increased sensitivity meant that a smaller wheel input resulted in a bigger change in wheel position. So I have been dialling it up and up. And now you show me that the reverse is true!!!
OMG..... I cant believe how much control I now have over the car!!
Thank you soooo much!!!
Bravo!!!

In my defense, the description of "sensitivity" in the game implies you have "quicker and more responsive steering" when it is higher, and that a lower setting "smooths" out the input and gives "slower movement". Have they got this the wrong way round? I have WAY more control at -2... I can control slides that would end in catastrophe at 7! Translation error?

In my defense, the description of "sensitivity" in the game implies you have "quicker and more responsive steering" when it is higher, and that a lower setting "smooths" out the input and gives "slower movement". Have they got this the wrong way round? I have WAY more control at -2... I can control slides that would end in catastrophe at 7! Translation error?
From what I know about the ds3 for me is a better with a higher value 5 7 it's sharper but lowering the value will make the steering smoother but takes a lot of consatration to keep the same speed of the higher setting I think the least value is more for tyre saving than hot lapping am not truly sure to say the least?

Ow boy here we go again:rolleyes:

This brings back memory's of the Honda licence test davor down to the .0 figers :lol:

Oh I remember Honda, there was also Alfa in that mission.. I think I was at 30.002 and than you pulled of 29.998 or something like that :boggled:
I don't think I can improve much on this one tho, I did 2 laps at 48.5 after this one.. Certainly looks like you put a lit less effort, I thought it'll be easier to catch you.. I'm losing time somewhere on 2nd part of the track but don't know where.. If I lift off, I lose time, if I spin the wheels too much I lose time so dont really know :boggled:

refarding the sensitivity I just use 0 on most of the cars.. I remember using +4 to Gold Vettel Challenge in my signature but on GT5

Last edited:

Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Coupe (Chrome Line 1954) a National A Schwarzwald League: Nurburgring-Nordschleife:Race 3. PP 486 for the 300 SL Coup (1954) and PP 560 for the RUF RGT (2000) Total Time 8:25.024. Pass for the win over the RUF at the end of the long straight. Winning Margin 00.594

I don't know what's happening half the time but I don't care, fun ties. ___-------
FERRARI'S NURBURGRING ACADEMY
7:44.303
Maybe I did okay in the sled part, maybe not: there was some high speed drift going on. But a few seconds after I hit the last wall on the lap and lost a lot of time.

Schwedenkreuz is interesting. If you try to take a regular inside line, there's a bump which will upset at the car in such a way that at least I never recovered. But the thing is not at the white line, so you can put your left front tyre even more inside. Though then you easily or unavoidably get the arcade lawnmowing phenomenon. I may have bumped into it in wet conditions, though.
This machine doesn't seem to like the gutter. Yes, I mean Karussell. Keep the left tyres strictly on the concrete or have throttle control as a - I don't know!
Somewhere at about 5:30 is the showboating right, where I once shifted down to second while turning. That was not a good idea.

Attachments

• fna_both.jpg
    fna_both.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 4
I don't know what's happening half the time but I don't care, fun ties. ___-------
7:44.303
Maybe I did okay in the sled part, maybe not: there was some high speed drift going on. But a few seconds after I hit the last wall on the lap and lost a lot of time.

Schwedenkreuz is interesting. If you try to take a regular inside line, there's a bump which will upset at the car in such a way that at least I never recovered. But the thing is not at the white line, so you can put your left front tyre even more inside. Though then you easily or unavoidably get the arcade lawnmowing phenomenon. I may have bumped into it in wet conditions, though.
This machine doesn't seem to like the gutter. Yes, I mean Karussell. Keep the left tyres strictly on the concrete or have throttle control as a - I don't know!
Somewhere at about 5:30 is the showboating right, where I once shifted down to second while turning. That was not a good idea.

Respect mate , i don't know yet if i can complete a lap there and if i can ..... am afraid that the first number will be with two digits :embarrassed:

7:42.073

So at about Kleine Karussell: "I can't remember the splits but I went over the limit many times and recovered just as many times."
Shots from the same lap.

overmode_1.jpg overmode_2.jpg overmode_3.jpg

So there should be something left out there, but I can tell when I am not in the right place to push. Better to try again tomorrow.
fna_both.jpg

While you spend your time at the F ( Fantastic ) Ring ,am trying to keep my nerves cool so i took my chances at no tune trying various combinations of driving aids ,active steering or not ,higher abs values or not etc.
Finally end like this.
IMG_20200904_210327.jpg

IMG_20200904_210228.jpg

After that i went at Goodwood and realise that was way hard to catch my old record .
Am damn sure that was there from a previous challenge that i don't remember ,perhaps @RMan72 remember when but i don't.
IMG_20200904_215846.jpg

I might take a go at Ring to see if i can get lower than 10 min :lol:
Ill try zero or less steering senc. but i don't know if i can ever make a clean lap :banghead:.

Back